Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2018, 11:22 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,296,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Private business, they can do as they wish. If a player doesn't like it, nobody is forcing them to play. There are other professional football leagues, they just don't pay as much.
Here we go again!! Private business that operates under a "Collective Bargaining Agreement". If one side wants to change the rules, the other side has to be in agreement. Both sides are currently working on that, hopefully.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2018, 11:24 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,747,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Here we go again!! Private business that operates under a "Collective Bargaining Agreement". If one side wants to change the rules, the other side has to be in agreement. Both sides are currently working on that, hopefully.

The great thing is their collective bargaining agreement doesn't stop me from changing the channel.

Old 08-28-2018, 11:26 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,973,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Right, so a unionized private business, same as people with "real" jobs.

Old 08-28-2018, 11:35 AM

29,531 posts, read 9,700,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
I don't need to read or understand anything. I'm perfectly clear on the subject. I don't know a single person that is allowed to protest on the job period. End of story.
You simply don't realize how much you actually DO NEED to read or understand what you don't. Closed-mindedness of this sort is what makes progress for humans so painfully slow, but of course as we all know, "you can bring a horse to water, but you can't make him think."

Old 08-28-2018, 11:38 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,296,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
The great thing is their collective bargaining agreement doesn't stop me from changing the channel.
True!! The thing is any decline the NFL was going to see because of the National Anthem situation has already saw it. The NFL moving forward even with it's decline will still be fine.

Old 08-28-2018, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
you can't insult the flag and national anthem that I and millions of Americans love and then ask for a dialog. That's ignorant.

that's like insulting a woman and then pretending that she would go out with you and talk.

that's like insulting the Black race in something they hold dear and pretend we can later have a conversation?.................. and who are you kidding? I seen this "debate" before and ends, if people don't view their views on things then all of the sudden we are racists and don't care for X group of people.

so save the BS on trying to have a dialog......I don't go to sport games to have a dialog about my politics or your politics and the least the politics of over-paid athletes telling me how I should feel and think and react.
You are building your argument on a false premise, as the article pretty well explains...

To fix your analogy, since maybe the effort might help you better understand, there is NO insult! Like perhaps pointing out that something about the dinner she cooked is rotten. That's not an insult! Might hurt a bit to admit this truth, but surely you hope the woman wouldn't be so daft to stop dating or talking to you simply because you pointed out this fact, a fact that is actually helping her too!

PS: Might be we are both sports fans. I am a big sports fan, but either way I don't watch sports for sake of dialogue either. I don't much pay attention to what goes on before the start of the game or half time for that matter either. None of this has prevented me from enjoying the game, any game, in any case.

Read the article and try to consider what Kareem explains without all the "insult" baggage that is keeping you from understanding what you really should better understand. Also maybe appreciate that taking a knee to protest an injustice is one of the most peaceful forms of protest anyone can imagine!

Old 08-28-2018, 11:51 AM

I get the feeling from a good many of the comments already posted in this thread that a good many people don't even read what Kareem explains in his article. Why? Because not much of what he explains is quoted or addressed in these comments! How about something other than what you already had fixed in your mind before I started this thread?

Old 08-28-2018, 11:53 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,973,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I get the feeling from a good many of the comments already posted in this thread that a good many people don't even read what Kareem explains in his article. Why? Because not much of what he explains is quoted or addressed in these comments! How about something other than what you already had fixed in your mind before I started this thread?
"Meaningful dialogue" and freedom to protest are all well and good, but still not at "work" sorry thats not being closed minded its just reality and its how you keep a happy healthy work place. If I owned a business, all politics and protests would be a no-go during official business.

Old 08-28-2018, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
But these kneeling jack asses aren’t saying anything. They’re just acting silly. If they truly want to have an effect they should go out into their own communities and put their money where their mouth is. Or maybe they should put their money where their knee is.
What about you put your knee where your mouth is and LISTEN to what some of these people have said about what they have done and why, or maybe read the article, or maybe consider the fact that many are ALSO doing good in their own communities, in addition to protesting what they think is hurting their communities, or SOMETHING that might demonstrate that YOU'RE the one not coming off rather "silly" all considered.

Possible?

Old 08-28-2018, 11:57 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,266,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
You are building your argument on a false premise, as the article pretty well explains...

To fix your analogy, since maybe the effort might help you better understand, there is NO insult! Like perhaps pointing out that something about the dinner she cooked is rotten. That's not an insult! Might hurt a bit to admit this truth, but surely you hope the woman wouldn't be so daft to stop dating or talking to you simply because you pointed out this fact, a fact that is actually helping her too!

PS: Might be we are both sports fans. I am a big sports fan, but either way I don't watch sports for sake of dialogue either. I don't much pay attention to what goes on before the start of the game or half time for that matter either. None of this has prevented me from enjoying the game, any game, in any case.

Read the article and try to consider what Kareem explains without all the "insult" baggage that is keeping you from understanding what you really should better understand. Also maybe appreciate that taking a knee to protest an injustice is one of the most peaceful forms of protest anyone can imagine!

there is no insult to you but you don't speak for me and millions of Americans that find it insulting.

I don't give a rat's ass about Kareem point of view.....he doesn't respect mine so why should I consider respecting his?

I don't shove my point of views to you or Kareem so why you should do it to me.

There are approx 2,000 police shootings a year in the USA against all races and ethnicities in a population of 360,000,000 legal citizens not including undocumented people. That is 0.000006% of the population shot justly or unjustly by police. This issue has really been blown out of proportion. Yea there are bad cops out there but this issue has been used for political reasons . BLM hasn’t been nearly has covered in the media since the election. Why is that? The numbers are no better. There are bigger issues with the criminal justice system like blacks getting unfair sentencing compared to whites. Why isn’t that reported or protested nearly as much? It’s bc it doesn’t sell and get people to the polls like killings do.

if you are going to protest about anything you better have your facts straight and your solutions in details something the NFL players including KAP didn't have a freakin' clue about, if not we have a right to reject their antics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies