Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2018, 09:58 AM

18,499 posts, read 9,170,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I can tell you the environment is definitely worse off or will be after all this deregulation crap takes hold. Tariffs have raised prices already. Thank God my house is built, as the cost to build a new home as gone up because of material increases. He tried his damnedest to do away with Obamacare, which WOULD have negatively affected me. No, my life personally at this point isn't affected, and I'd never contemplate suicide for sure, but I can still see the effects of his presidency on many other people, including immigrant children separated from their families, and because I don't live in a bubble, these things happen to bother me.
On the plus side, more stuff will have to be made here in the USA where there are environmental regulations. China and Mexico have almost no environmental regulations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2018, 10:02 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Yes, that’s exactly what some of you did. Kathy Gifford? Both sides have bad actors. It amazes me how blind people can be to the faults in their group and the goodness in other groups.
no. not it is NOT what some of us did.

While the media tried to make the Gifford shooting a cazy right wing nut, the FACTS proved otherwise.

Both sides most certainly DO NOT have bad actors. YOUR SIDE has actual militant wings that are going out in public and committing acts of violence and intimidation for the purpose of shutting down non-leftist political speech.

THERE IS NO EQUIVILENT ON THE RIGHT

YOUR SIDE pays protesters to riot.

YOUR SIDE has nationally prominent politicians that tell their supporters to confront members of the right.

Stop with the lie that "both sides". There is no "both sides" YOur side is utterly and completely unhinged and vicious and totalitarian. My side believes in the rule of law.

***edited to add***
my side has not burned down a single building while rioting.

Old 09-25-2018, 10:07 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,685,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
On the plus side, more stuff will have to be made here in the USA where there are environmental regulations. China and Mexico have almost no environmental regulations.
This is completely untrue. The 1980's are calling you and asking you to visit 2018.

The big international plants in Mexico are up to full ISO standards. Same goes in China.

The two places are very different. Mexico is making stuff mostly for US and Canada. Most factories are modern and located close to the border.

China has raised 600 MILLION people out of poverty. Just like the USA, that required a lot of pollution (coal) and other messes. However, they have used their wealth to clean up things and have plans that extend for decades.

Sorry to say, China is doing much better than we are. High speed trains are being built in bulk, hydro, solar and wind and efficiency are paramount. Etc.

Old 09-25-2018, 10:35 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
So far no one has been able to clarify anything regarding negative changes in their life since Trump took office.
We got a lot of no's, red tide, evil, weakened insurance, and prophecies of the sky falling in the near future.

Old 09-25-2018, 10:42 AM

5,888 posts, read 3,228,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Every Americans life has changed for the worst.
They have an unchecked abusive POTUS.
Some have more pocket change then others, but all souls are damaged having evil in the highest seat of power. And the World knows it.
LOL. This is nothing but a hyperbolic, some would say delusional, characterization of Trump being President. What is "Evil" about him? Has he killed anyone? Hurt anybody? Broken any law? Where's the evil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
He tried and tried and tried to take away my health insurance. When he couldn't, he started weakening it from the inside. That directly affects me.
Your health insurance? Or did he just try to stop forcing other people to buy you insurance? Because if the insurance you have is subsidized, then its not really "yours", is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
Not all changes will have an immediate impact- it's what he's doing long term that will change the quality of life.

My life will probably change for the worse once his gutting of the EPA regulations takes hold and free pollution of the air and water returns.

My life will probably change for the worse as storms continue to intensify and the US remains uninvolved in the Paris Accords.

My life will probably change for the worse since he's gutted the banking regulations and another mortgage crisis ensues.

My life will probably change for the worse if he succeeds in undermining funding for SS & Medicare as well as pre-existing conditions.

My life will probably change for the worse if he keeps supporting the NRA.

Quality of life is important and even the wealthy can't protect themselves completely against guns, crime, ever more intense storms and increased pollution.
You think the "Paris Accords" control the weather? You believe that humans control the weather???
Its the chemtrails, right? Or is HAARP? How are they doing it?

Undermining funding for SS and Medicare...how would he do that? Only Congress can change the statutes that determine that tax. Trump has nothing to do with it.

How is the NRA harming you? Is it the junk mail? Are you emotionally traumatized by political flyers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
That's weird. My health plan with my employer remained the same or slightly improved. Maybe it's the type of company one works for and the level of education that one has. Isn't that the free market and the invisible hand that the conservative repubs love so much?
The costs sure didn't. Every plan went up...even group plans. Group plans that used to be 10K are now 30K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Geeze ...

1. The recession started almost a year BEFORE Obama was elected
2. Unfettered illegal immigration started LONG before Obama was elected
3. Racial divisions and divisive rhetoric have been going on since ... well, since the beginning of the republic
4. Oil and gas production in the US increased dramatically while Obama was president

Now about your health insurance, even if what you say is true, the number of Americans covered by health insurance increased under Obamacare, so that's probably a wash, in the aggregate.

Some people are so brainwashed about hating Obama and other liberals they will blame Obama and liberals for things that had nothing to do with them.
Oh, you mean the Rob Peter to pay Paul aspect of the ACA? That is true...but it is NOT true that overall the costs distributed amongst everyone with insurance remained the same. The costs went up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
This is not quantifiable, but I believe that having a sexual predator as the head of state has emboldened other misogynists. It's funny (not haha funny), but whenever people would talk about having problems in the workplace with male coworkers, bosses, and subordinates, I would say I believed them but had no idea what they were talking about because I had never experienced any of that. Now, I believe that ordinary people are being unconsciously influenced by this crass, hateful individual we voted in, and as a supervisor, it makes daily life difficult in the workplace.
Why are you still talking about Bill Clinton?

Old 09-25-2018, 10:44 AM

5,888 posts, read 3,228,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
So far no one has been able to clarify anything regarding negative changes in their life since Trump took office.
We got a lot of no's, red tide, evil, weakened insurance, and prophecies of the sky falling in the near future.
All the liberal's bogeymen are projected into the persona of Donald Trump.

That's why its called Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Old 09-25-2018, 10:48 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
All the liberal's bogeymen are projected into the persona of Donald Trump.

That's why its called Trump Derangement Syndrome.
TDS is alive and well here in CD land for sure.

Old 09-25-2018, 10:50 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,847,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Trump is pro Trump. The end.
President Trump is MAGA and is going to KAG. Not the end.

Old 09-25-2018, 10:51 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,418,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Mine hasn't.
It has gotten much better. The uncertainty was killing the drive to risk it all.
The maniac has created far more uncertainly in the business world with his pointless trade wars.

Old 09-25-2018, 10:52 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,685,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
So - let's make this clear....

1. You think that harm done by things like trade wars, precedents in the admin, environmental rollbacks and the like......ALL show up instantly and have immediate effects on each and every person.....

2. You think health care - which makes up a vast percentage of our GDP - has no importance.

3. Deft and deficits don't matter a lick - we never have to start paying them down or attempting stabilization.

4. Vastly higher interest rates for mortgages...and for the federal and other debt.....this also will have absolutely no effect on anyone.........

Sorry, you lose this thread. Governing is closer to planting an orchard than it is to building a couple walls. Long term tendencies matter.

10's of millions have died in this country from radiation, pollution and other such man-made sources. The effects are often DECADES after the exposures and decisions were/are made.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies