Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2018, 11:47 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,591,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Every Americans life has changed for the worst.
They have an unchecked abusive POTUS.
Some have more pocket change then others, but all souls are damaged having evil in the highest seat of power. And the World knows it.
Can you give concrete examples? Facts, not feelings, please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2018, 11:52 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,591,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Trump is a sleazy womanizer and sexual assaulter. Will you admit it?

Unlike Bill Clinton, Trump was never charged with anything. Accusations aren't proof. Are the Loony Left so uneducated that they don't know the difference?

Old 09-25-2018, 11:53 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,819,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Every Americans life has changed for the worst.
They have an unchecked abusive POTUS.
Some have more pocket change then others, but all souls are damaged having evil in the highest seat of power. And the World knows it.
Agree with this. All of the constant drama and the seething rage and hatred that dominates everything now is getting very tiring. And in my experience, most of it is coming from the Trump supporters, not the left.

Also as a gay person, knowing that all of this is basically an extension of the tantrum thrown by the right after SCOTUS legalized gay marriage in 2015. Our country has been completely hijacked from top to bottom by an seething angry extremist cult set on ramming a religious ideology down everyone's throat. Anything that once was morally questionable no longer matters because today it's all about reversing Roe v Wade, Obergefell v Hodges, and restoring white "Christian" dominance and doing whatever it takes to achieve that goal. I put "Christian" in quotes because there's absolutely nothing Christ-like about today's evangelicalism. Muslim extremists hate gays, cover for sexual predators, and want to force their radical ideology on everyone as well.

Old 09-25-2018, 11:55 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,142,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Unlike Bill Clinton, Trump was never charged with anything. Accusations aren't proof. Are the Loony Left so uneducated that they don't know the difference?
This is misleading, because Clinton (correct me if I'm wrong) was not charged with any sort of sexual misconduct, but rather perjury and obstruction of justice. But what does it matter? We're excusing admitted sexual misconduct from a sitting president because one who came before him was also sleazy? One many of us were far too young to even think about voting for?

Old 09-25-2018, 11:56 AM

29,509 posts, read 14,668,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Once again, the recession started almost a year BEFORE Obama was elected. You can't blame him for something that began long before he was even elected, let alone took office.

Where in my reply did I blame Obama ? I just answered your original question.
The only think I will say, I feel he could have done more to stop the hemorrhaging of jobs then went overseas. And I am aware that cut was already flowing pretty good when he took office. He did help the auto industry here , so I'll definitely give him that.

Old 09-25-2018, 11:56 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Agree with this.

Also as a gay person, knowing that all of this is basically an extension of the tantrum thrown by the right after SCOTUS legalized gay marriage in 2015. Our country has been completely hijacked from top to bottom by an seething angry extremist cult set on ramming a religious ideology down everyone's throat. Anything that once was morally questionable no longer matters because today it's all about reversing Roe v Wade, Obergefell v Hodges, and restoring white Christian dominance and doing whatever it takes to achieve that goal.
good grief. dude DURING the election Trump said Gay marriage was settled law. DURING the campaign Trump had a gay man speak during prime time at the RNC convention.

Trump has don't nothing bad to gay people and has stood up for equal rights for gay people in a way that no other republican has.

you need to start living in reality and let go of the bitterness.

Old 09-25-2018, 11:59 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
This is misleading, because Clinton (correct me if I'm wrong) was not charged with any sort of sexual misconduct, but rather perjury and obstruction of justice. But what does it matter? We're excusing admitted sexual misconduct from a sitting president because one who came before him was also sleazy? One many of us were far too young to even think about voting for?
bill Clinton stuck a cigar in an interns hoo haa... YOU are suggesting current sleaze matters where past sleaze....was democrat sleaze so it doesn't matter?

Thank you for that. I appreciate you explaining the liberal approach to morality better than any conservative could put it.

301 posts, read 189,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
So far no one has been able to clarify anything regarding negative changes in their life since Trump took office.
We got a lot of no's, red tide, evil, weakened insurance, and prophecies of the sky falling in the near future.
My relationship with my family, particularly on my mother's side, is definitely worse. I've lost a few friends also.

I begged my mom not to vote for Trump. After many emotional conversations skirting around the #1 reason that I could not support him as a candidate, I finally told her why - because I'm a rape survivor. Survivor, only by a narrow margin, by the grace of whoever you believe in, by sheer dumb luck. I hadn't told her before then and, naturally, she was beside herself for my sake. All of the alleged allegations against him, Marla's testimony, the audio recordings of him boasting of assault and acting without consent, bragging that because he's rich and powerful, he can do whatever he wants to women ... I just couldn't look passed this, and I still can't. My mom voted for him anyway. I'm still working on trying to forgive her for what feels like an enormous betrayal. It felt like she chose party over conscience, a sexual predator over her own daughter. It's an odd feeling. On top of that, my best friend at the time attended a rally and posted a photo of herself proudly sporting a t-shirt that said "Trump can grab this p***y." She knew what I'd been through. She told me to "lighten up." Our friendship was over right then. I don't have the words (or the energy anymore, frankly) to describe how devastating that was.

For other people I know, the line was crossed when he mocked the disabled reporter, or insulted McCain, or labeled all immigrants as terrorists and rapists (ironic?), or suggested he could shoot someone in the middle of NYC and not lose voters, or encouraged violent behavior during his rallies, or ... I could go on, but I won't. So many of those things weren't deal breakers for so many, and while I don't understand that, I suppose some people just truly don't see the issue with so much of that. And who am I to try and make people see things the way that I do?

So - has my life changed for the worse? I guess that depends. Did my life change in a physical, tangible way? I suppose it didn't. I have a great job, great health insurance, and I enjoy a stable and financially secure existence. I had most of that before the election. Did my life change in other ways? Did my worldview change? Did my feelings of safety and security change? Did my faith in (portions of) humanity change? Do I have to work a little harder in weekly therapy to not give in to the hopelessness that being raped and left for dead in a ditch cause me? Absolutely. It's a matter of perspective. These are my personal reasons for not trusting or supporting this man as president, both during the election in 2016 and today. It doesn't, honestly, have much to do with party or politics, but with human decency and compassion and respect for the people he's meant to be leading.

29,509 posts, read 14,668,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Saywhat? I find that seriously hard to believe.

Why is that so hard to believe ? Home values in my neighborhood have steadily increased. They started to rebound towards the end of Obama's presidency and have just kept climbing. Definitely not to the point of pre '07 prices though.

Old 09-25-2018, 12:00 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,142,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Also as a gay person, knowing that all of this is basically an extension of the tantrum thrown by the right after SCOTUS legalized gay marriage in 2015. Our country has been completely hijacked from top to bottom by an seething angry extremist cult set on ramming a religious ideology down everyone's throat. Anything that once was morally questionable no longer matters because today it's all about reversing Roe v Wade, Obergefell v Hodges, and restoring white "Christian" dominance and doing whatever it takes to achieve that goal. I put "Christian" in quotes because there's absolutely nothing Christ-like about today's evangelicalism. Muslim extremists hate gays, cover for sexual predators, and want to force their radical ideology on everyone as well.
Agreed! And we have Trump to thank for shoving this individual in our faces:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...-lgbt-students

https://www.newsweek.com/betsy-devos...hildren-857007
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies