Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2018, 09:24 AM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times

Advertisements

I am a consumer in the U.S. I buy stuff every week, own a home, cars, plane, etc. I have not seen increases in prices, other than normal inflation which remains in line with the past several years. I have seen the value of my home increase greatly, and my investments increase greatly under Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2018, 09:27 AM

301 posts, read 189,470 times
Eh, the looming threat of a "Religious Freedom Task Force" (wtf), the constant reminder of the reality that there's an admitted sexual predator sitting at the head of the table, and the radical white nationalists who have decided they have a voice under this administration are a few things that don't sit too well with me.

Is my life, personally, worse? Not today.

8,196 posts, read 2,847,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Could be true that prices in Europe are more expensive but you missed the point of the post.

It wasn't comparing prices between Europe and America....it was specifically talking about Americans living in America have noticed prices rising.

Doesn't matter what is happening in Europe --- it matters if our prices go up.
I'll give you some very close estimates.

When Obama took over the office of the presidency, bacon in my area was 1.99 a pound. It climbed to 7.00 dollars a pound by the time he vacated.
Bread was about 1.50 to 1.99 a loaf. It climbed to about four dollars a loaf.

A gallon of milk rose to 5 dollars and now is down to 1.50 again.

I could go on and on. It was unbelievable. Now I see prices dropping back down closer to those prices.

These may seem like piddling things, but it hits us where we live.

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I am a consumer in the U.S. I buy stuff every week, own a home, cars, plane, etc. I have not seen increases in prices, other than normal inflation which remains in line with the past several years. I have seen the value of my home increase greatly, and my investments increase greatly under Trump.
I will add that while he told me I would be tired of winning.... im not... yet....

LOL

Old 09-25-2018, 09:29 AM

20,873 posts, read 9,550,882 times
Quote:
Economic malaise, low labor participation rate, international chaos, more wars, unfettered illegal alien invasion, divisive rhetoric along racial, gender, and sexual preference lines, war on fossil fuels affecting U.S. supply, political weaponization of the DOJ, IRS, EPA, NSA, FBI, Interior, etc. I could go on. It was a freak show under Obama.

My healthcare insurance TRIPLED after Obamacare was passed, and my deductibles doubled. My copays also went way up.
Geeze ...

1. The recession started almost a year BEFORE Obama was elected
2. Unfettered illegal immigration started LONG before Obama was elected
3. Racial divisions and divisive rhetoric have been going on since ... well, since the beginning of the republic
4. Oil and gas production in the US increased dramatically while Obama was president

Now about your health insurance, even if what you say is true, the number of Americans covered by health insurance increased under Obamacare, so that's probably a wash, in the aggregate.

Some people are so brainwashed about hating Obama and other liberals they will blame Obama and liberals for things that had nothing to do with them.

Old 09-25-2018, 09:31 AM

20,873 posts, read 9,550,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Took a job out of state in late '07, due to the mass quantities of layoffs and companies going under in my state. Came back in late '09, worked for 2 months and was laid off. Was out of work for just over a year. My home value plummeted, had no health insurance, burned thru a lot of my savings. When I finally was able to land a job again it was for $40k less, at a place I didn't like with a 37 mile one way commute.

Like another poster stated, "hey you asked, I answered.
Once again, the recession started almost a year BEFORE Obama was elected. You can't blame him for something that began long before he was even elected, let alone took office.

Old 09-25-2018, 09:31 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
As we who support this administration are told daily/hourly by the left, that our enthusiasm for President Trump is base on false information, because we are stupid, lowly, uninformed, rednecks, etc.

The difference: We conservatives know that President Trump loves and supports America and wants what is best for all of us. It's just that the left doesn't agree with what that is.
So, again... what's the point of telling the OP what we don't like about Trump's America?

I mean, he likes it, so obviously our concerns are without merit.

I don't care that you like it. By that, I don't mean that I don't care if people are happy. I mean, I don't get any satisfaction out of you liking things I'm not fond of.

You have every right to like them, though.

And, you may "know" that Trump is whatever you think he is, but he's just a person and he's got his own interests, believe me.

They all do. All presidents.

So, his interests sometimes mesh with my own and sometimes they do not, but it is his rhetoric that I find most concerning. He's a lot of bluster while running up a questionable tab.

People say it's "playing chess" and I see it more as "sleight of hand" only the people who don't see the card trick are his supporters.

Old 09-25-2018, 09:32 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times
Quote:
Saywhat? I find that seriously hard to believe.

Old 09-25-2018, 09:35 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,847,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
So, again... what's the point of telling the OP what we don't like about Trump's America?

I mean, he likes it, so obviously our concerns are without merit.

I don't care that you like it. By that, I don't mean that I don't care if people are happy. I mean, I don't get any satisfaction out of you liking things I'm not fond of.

You have every right to like them, though.

And, you may "know" that Trump is whatever you think he is, but he's just a person and he's got his own interests, believe me.

They all do. All presidents.

So, his interests sometimes mesh with my own and sometimes they do not, but it is his rhetoric that I find most concerning. He's a lot of bluster while running up a questionable tab.

People say it's "playing chess" and I see it more as "sleight of hand" only the people who don't see the card trick are his supporters.
So we agree to disagree.

Old 09-25-2018, 09:35 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,142,139 times
This is not quantifiable, but I believe that having a sexual predator as the head of state has emboldened other misogynists. It's funny (not haha funny), but whenever people would talk about having problems in the workplace with male coworkers, bosses, and subordinates, I would say I believed them but had no idea what they were talking about because I had never experienced any of that. Now, I believe that ordinary people are being unconsciously influenced by this crass, hateful individual we voted in, and as a supervisor, it makes daily life difficult in the workplace.

BUT, either way, does it matter whether I've been personally affected? It's not about me, it's about citizens in general. If the administration is hurting others, that should upset me, even if I'm not being hurt. I won't drag out the Martin Niemoller quote--y'all get the picture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies