Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2018, 08:42 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
You must hold the Dems in high regard to believe that they would never no never privately "persuade" their mistresses to get an abortion. Surely there are some Democrat mistresses who wouldn't choose to do so if left to their own choice.
I am sure there are. However, I doubt they would also publicly claim a pro-life/anti-abortion stance.

Old 10-07-2018, 08:45 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,246,227 times
I think the people behind a conservative court are far more interested in promoting decisions that will take away worker power, undercut environmental laws, eliminate social safety net programs, and interfere with voter rights and initiatives than they are with fighting over abortion. Abortion cases are a nuisance to people like Kavanaugh and his promoters. They distract from the real business of further enriching the rich.

Old 10-07-2018, 08:52 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,817,259 times
Probably most Bible Belt states and a few in the Midwest. The northeast and west coast will keep it legal. I’m expecting Oklahoma to attempt to ban it (and possibly gay marriage as well) this next legislative session in hopes that it can be the state to send a case to SCOTUS.

This is the end game for the Christian Right. I’ll be very surprised if we still have legal abortion and same-sex marriage in all 50 states by 2024. I think the US will likely be the second country in the world to recognize same-sex marriage and then go back. Abortion will definitely be going away. Praise Be.

Old 10-07-2018, 08:52 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,108,006 times
It is the same paranoia that drives people to think that a white man's rights will be whittled away when a black president was elected...

I don't think it will be overturned. I hope not.

Old 10-07-2018, 08:53 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,661,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Again, R vs W is not going anywhere, and if people want to kill their children, that is on their head. It is none of my business, BUT your "logic" is ridiculous here. Nobody is being "forced" to have children even if R vs W were overturned. How about keeping your pants up? Remember when mama taught you that not touching hot stoves would result in not getting burned?

Your logic is the same as this: a man who lost a game of Russian roulette was "forced" to blow his brains out.

(little voice from the back corner: Pssst, hey buddy... pssst... how about if you DON'T spin the cylinder with one chamber out of six loaded with a live cartridge, DON'T put the muzzle against your head, and DON'T pull the trigger???)
Your post is disgusting.

Old 10-07-2018, 09:00 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,817,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
It is the same paranoia that drives people to think that a white man's rights will be whittled away when a black president was elected...

Those who think it won’t be overturned have their heads in the sand. Evangelicals have been waiting for this moment for four decades. This has been the primary reason a large portion of Americans have voted in every election since 1980. It’s also why they support Trump so strongly despite his flaws. None of Trump’s flaws are worth throwing away this moment to the church. Roe v Wade WILL be overturned. Obergefell isn’t quite as certain but that is also likely going away as well. We’re pretty much going to have to accept that at this point.

Praise Be.

Old 10-07-2018, 09:01 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
For God's sake, it's not getting overturned. Who fed you liberals this garbage?
No shortage of pro lifers and pro choicers believe RoevWade will be overturned.

There’s a reason why presidential, senate and house representative candidates and nominees are expected to disclose their position on abortion and are called out when their public position has changed, over time.

If PUBLIC PERCEPTION of Roe v Wade were a settled matter, a candidate’s/ nominee’s position would not matter. It would be the equivalent of asking a candidate/ nominee about their favorite color.

Both parties, politicians and the media that feeds off them have turned the topic into a polarizing circus.

Unless there was a public perception of an overturn, a politician’s position would be of no interest to anyone.

My own opinion is that it’s a settled matter.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 10-07-2018 at 09:18 AM..

Old 10-07-2018, 09:02 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,847,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post

You just made the case that it will.

Old 10-07-2018, 09:08 AM

18,024 posts, read 27,472,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpydove View Post
Good grief, have you nothing better to do on a Sunday morning than start another hysteria-filled “what if?” thread?
Ridiculously sad that you have nothing else to ponder over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
Roe v Wade isn't going to be overturned. The republicans don't want it overturned. Why? Because many people are one-issue voters and that one issue, in many cases, is abortion. Once it's off the table, they might vote blue. Think about all of the rural Bible-thumpers in the South who are on welfare and who have their children on Medicaid. They are worried about abortion and guns. They don't have stocks, so they don't care that the Dow is up. They generally have jobs, albeit low-paying ones, so the unemployment rate and "the economy" doesn't really affect them. What else do the republicans offer that will help them? Just guns and abortion. Make one of those a non-issue and see what happens.
Anyone who truly thinks RvW is going away is a lunatic and should seek counseling and heavy meds. You should also take a good hard look in the mirror and admit to yourself that you are a gullible pawn, played by politicians and activists.

I bet these same nuts also think gays will be stoned, women will be forcefully inseminated and forced to cook all day and, somehow blacks will be forced to work in cotton fields.

Get a grip on yourselves. You are the laughing stock of most of the country.
Liberal politicians whipping up their base. We know the left doesn't ever require actual proof or evidence to make a claim and stir up a lynch mob.
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
It's those older white Americans who gave those rights in the first place.

In 1973 the SCOTUS was mostly white and was 6 to 3 Republican nominated. Just an FYI, this was the term when Roe v. Wade was decided.
Lmao that's like saying they're going make slavery legal again.

Just more Liberal fearmongering.
I love this sky is falling nonsense. Why don't you just go ahead and ask how many states will become slave states when the thirteenth amendment is "overturned"? How many speakeasies will you have in your town when prohibition returns. How many women will move to Argentina when their right to vote is taken away? How many people will die when Kavanaugh sends out the death squads?

Can you come up with any more nonsense?
I can see the tv ads now.. come fly to California! Sun, illegals and state sponsored abortions!
This is such a non issue. At the most it becomes a states issue and you will see rich lefties flying the poor abortion wanters for free to states that allow abortions. Heck i bet they make a “abortion plane” and do them soon as they fly into California.
States, and hold on to your hat, counties, and even cities or towns can already ban the use of alcohol. Have you seriously never heard of dry counties? Kentucky used to be full of them. I lived in one. The 21st Amendment does not require the sell or distribution of alcohol nationally, it merely ended the constitutional national prohibition of alcohol.

States have long been able to control certain activities, and truthfully, that is where the abortion issue belongs.
I would say don't let them get you into a state of hysteria and have a fainting couch if things get too much for you to handle.
And if you think the far far far left doesn't want unwanted babies...., well, I envy your naivete.
You have a "stake" in it. Directly because of your wife, girlfriend, sister and female friends. And, men who will be "forced" to have children they may not want or be able to care for--emotionally or financially. We all do.
They can move full speed ahead. They will get full speed opposition, too. I'm guessing, too, an "underground" system for abortions. Many health care professionals would help so "back alley" abortions wouldn't occur and women who could die from infection, hemorrhage, etc.
More paranoia. No one is overturning Roe v. Wade. To answer the question, the southern and middle country states would place the most restrictions on killings.

Oh stop.
Roe vs Wade will NOT be overturned by the SC and you Dems know it.
You use this to stir up anger, division and fear.....shame on you Dems
For God's sake, it's not getting overturned. Who fed you liberals this garbage?
This.

AnotherTouchOfWhimsy hit the nail on the head. This is just a vote-baiting tactic.

Republicans are not falling for the bait.

Pro-Abortionists have nothing to fear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
We will keep it legal but with a 9 month cooling down period to consider better options.
That ain't right, be nice.

Last edited by McGowdog; 10-07-2018 at 09:44 AM..

Old 10-07-2018, 09:18 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,661,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
What does this have to do with the thread topic of How many states will make abortion illegal when Roe vs Wade is overturned?
Probably a fair number of states will overturn it, but even if all states make it illegal, it will go underground. That isn't too hard to understand. You will never stop abortion, even if you make it illegal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies