Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2018, 08:58 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Well, the pride parades and gay promotional agenda made it everyone's business who has sex with whom. They MADE it an issue.

Nobody cared before. Closed doors and all. No. One. Cared.

The LGBT movement TOLD people all about how they have sex. THEY brought it up. How do people not see that?

Don't want people to talk about it? They stop talking by example.
That's just not true. It's the one thing people would hone in on when the subject of homosexuality ever arose.

In fact, it's weird how much people focus on sex instead of on love in relationships.

I mean, how often do you hear someone say "eww... it's weird that that dude loves that other dude" and not "ewww... two men having (insert some type of sexual relations)" followed by "that's disgusting and how will I explain it to my kids???"

Old 10-24-2018, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
Y'all were talking about it constantly before we were. Having a photo of your wife and kids at your desk at work. Being coupled in TV shows, movies, etc. Bringing your spouse to a work function. Holding hands in public. Sharing first date horror stories with work friends. We were hiding it in shame while you were flaunting it all over the place with no reservations.
Rubbing your noses in it, as it were.

Old 10-24-2018, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
What percentage of the American population is Transgender? It is an infinitesimally small amount. A fraction of a percent at the most. It is obvious who is male and female biologically. What you "feel" psychologically does not matter. Yes, act any way you want, but don't use my daughters rest room, or locker room if you have male plumbing, or once had male plumbing.
Not even the ones who were raised as girls? I mean, how about those lesbians, who actually date girls?

Let's be clear... who gets to use which locker room?

Do we put all the people who date men only in a locker room, then all the ones who only date women, and then the ones who date both?

We need 3 locker rooms and nobody will ever know which one people actually belong in.

It's silly, really. Why not just let the people who identify as whatever gender use whatever locker room?

I'm thinking we aren't going to have the locker room police out checking people's genitals, right?

Old 10-24-2018, 09:21 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,142,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Rubbing your noses in it, as it were.
Yeah, I'm hoping that people understand that I was just trying to make a point, not implying that I think straight people shouldn't be able to be open and happy about their relationships and families.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2018, 09:45 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,819,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
Y'all were talking about it constantly before we were. Having a photo of your wife and kids at your desk at work. Being coupled in TV shows, movies, etc. Bringing your spouse to a work function. Holding hands in public. Sharing first date horror stories with work friends. We were hiding it in shame while you were flaunting it all over the place with no reservations.
Great points here! And in reality, these things have really only changed for those lucky enough to live in a progressive part of the country. In much of Trump country, these are still very real issues. Just look at the kind of outrage we still heave to deal with any time there's a gay character in a mainstream TV show or movie. I can't imagine how difficult it must be to be transgender in this part of the country. Conservatives blame their high suicide rate on mental illness and "sin" but I think it has more to do with the way they are treated by all of the good, God-fearing Christian conservatives.

Old 10-24-2018, 09:52 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,742,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Many people;

-Believe science, climate change, blah blah.

-Oh wait, do not believe science on things like biological sex, lol. Gender is a social construct, wait, it is not we are born this way, oh hell, cannot make up my mind #resisttrump.

-Sex and gender are not the same, not related, wait, if a guy thinks they are a woman, they "biologically feel" they need breast, dress like a stereotypical woman etc. But wearing dresses is a social construct? No, people are born to feel they need to wear a dress. Wait, darn it, it is a social construct, society said for women to wear dresses.
You are the one confused.

Science is clear, biological sex is not always binary, the examples of this from science are many and varied.

Old 10-24-2018, 09:58 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,742,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
You know quite well that the vast majority of people to whom this will apply are not intersex.

As always, I will ask for the science on the proposition that you can change your sex, that there are more than two genders, that sex and gender are not synonymous, that someone can be "born into the wrong body," et cetera.

Talk about pseudoscience...
Yes, lets.

Alpha five reductase deficiencies a documented disorder where a child can be born completely externally female and turn completely functionally male during puberty. These people change their biological sex with no medical intervention.

https://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/5-...ficiency#genes

The examples of sex mismatch are long and varied. Chromosomes, external genitalia, internal genitalia, inter sex, chromosome disorder, etc. Just because they maybe uncommon does not mean they do not exist.

Old 10-24-2018, 10:13 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Any subsequent executive administration can overturn it. So, you would be looking at 2033 for next potential overturn.
Congress can overturn it. In fact, no prez and no Congress ever doubted that 'sex' under federal civil rights laws meant female or male until 2014 when Holder/Obama decided the word 'sex' covered gender identity, including transgender status. 50+ years of following the clear intent and meaning of the laws undone by a DOJ directive. All Trump's done is restore the meaning to how it was before 2014.

Maybe after the Blue Waves of 2018 and 2020, the impeachment of Trump, and election of a D prez in 2022, the Ds can do what they've never done in the past --- cover LGBTQGenderIdentity,etc. under federal Civil Rights laws

Old 10-24-2018, 10:20 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,142,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Great points here! And in reality, these things have really only changed for those lucky enough to live in a progressive part of the country. In much of Trump country, these are still very real issues. Just look at the kind of outrage we still heave to deal with any time there's a gay character in a mainstream TV show or movie. I can't imagine how difficult it must be to be transgender in this part of the country. Conservatives blame their high suicide rate on mental illness and "sin" but I think it has more to do with the way they are treated by all of the good, God-fearing Christian conservatives.
Not sure where you are, but I'm in Louisiana, and it seems like night and day when I talk to people in different states. I grew up being convinced that being Christian or being a theist in general meant being anti-LGBT. It wasn't until college that I met gay and trans Christians and their supporters. High school in small town Louisiana was awful.

Old 10-24-2018, 12:15 PM

10,235 posts, read 6,326,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Not even the ones who were raised as girls? I mean, how about those lesbians, who actually date girls?

Let's be clear... who gets to use which locker room?

Do we put all the people who date men only in a locker room, then all the ones who only date women, and then the ones who date both?

We need 3 locker rooms and nobody will ever know which one people actually belong in.

It's silly, really. Why not just let the people who identify as whatever gender use whatever locker room?

I'm thinking we aren't going to have the locker room police out checking people's genitals, right?
I raised two daughters exactly the same. Neither of them would ever wear a dress or do "girly" activities. One grew up straight and married (first time wearing dress) a man. Other one grew up to be a lesbian and married a woman. Personally, based on my and my husband's families. I think this is genetic. My SIL will tell you he believes it is very possible that one of his children we grow up to be gay. Says that matter of fact.

Lockrooms? My younger daughter play ice hockey in college. She shared a many hotel room with lesbians from her team. She told them her sister was a lesbian and that she was straight. Did they try to "convert" her? Of course not.

I worked with a Trans. We went to the same Women's Restroom behind the Women's Stalls. Did I care if I saw her penis? Could care less. Daughters never see their Brothers or Dad's living in the same home? In my line of work with special needs boys and men, I have changed many a diaper and seen a lot of penises, and twice both at same time. You see one, you have them all.

This is all much ado about NOTHING. Get on with your own life. Let others live their's.

I've been to many a Pride parade with my daughter and her friends. Never saw even one naked person there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies