Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 09:15 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,915,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
My county is 25 x 25 miles. With one deputy on, it can be a long time before he gets there. We live in town, when my daughter had a home invader a few weeks back, it took the city police 10 minutes to get there. She is less than a mile from the station. You should always be ready to protect yourself.
When I lived in an apartment, I woke up to a guy beating on the patio door. Even in town, it took about 10 minutes to get officers to my location and the only thing that kept the guy from dying that night was a good lock. I spent most of those 10 minutes with 911 on speaker and my sights aimed about 4 feet high and at that door.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2018, 10:16 AM

2,186 posts, read 1,173,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I also worked in an a classroom with ED Middle School boys, some of whom had criminal records. We locked up all sharp objects. They wrote with crayons. Once the other TA forgot to lock up her pen and one boy, who tried to stab his Grandma with a kitchen knife at 11 years old, tried to stab her with it. GUN in that classroom?????

General public just does not understand.
Sounds like it would better serve society that a shooter have his way in that class.

Old 12-13-2018, 03:09 PM

2,309 posts, read 903,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
Sounds like it would better serve society that a shooter have his way in that class.
Wait, what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies