Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2018, 06:09 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,383,094 times

Advertisements

I put the death of this young girl firmly on the Democrats for refusing to agree to border security and welcoming all illegals as part of their plot to expand their future voter rolls. The Democrats have blood on their hands this evening!

Old 12-15-2018, 06:09 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
You're right.

If they let this little girl go without water for 8 hours after picking her up in the desert, I do condemn them.

But you know that they didn't do this. So what's your point beyond being anti-American?

Old 12-15-2018, 06:12 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,343,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Nobody is penalizing the very young and you can disagree all you want.

But border patrol =/= red cross. Even red cross cannot save everybody. This is just common sense stuff.

This is just hard fact.

We all want to live in a fantasy world. But unfortunately, we are living in a realistic world. We give these people emergency medical help at the border. We sent helicopter to take them to the nearby hospital if they need further medical attention. If this is not enough, I don't know what is.

Sure, one can argue all day long and we need to build a hospital at the border just for the illegals and the asylum seekers, but come on, let's be realistic here, shall we?
Yes, I understand, and pretty much agree with this ^^^. My point was that for a baby having the ability to rehydrate through an oral solution is equivalent to handing out a water bottle to an adult. Simple biology. That's all.

What's changing are the numbers of very young arriving at places like Antelope Wells. Nothing wrong with reviewing current procedures. The fact of an investigation (which is already occurring) is not to blame current personnel for doing anything wrong. I read someplace that the border agents go through the trouble of getting car seats for the kids!

The poster you were responding to was playing off the Constitution (only need is to protect the borders). But we already appear to have already crossed the Rubicon of accepting some responsibility for the welfare of these children. The car seats ...

Here, I would not reject an easy to implement, cost-efficient measure like assessing the hydration status of the young with use of rehydration procedures because it was too "red cross like." Plus, doing that is much cheaper than helicopters.

Old 12-15-2018, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
But you know that they didn't do this. So what's your point beyond being anti-American?
Don't underestimate the ignorance of these sheeple to believe anything they think is true.

Old 12-15-2018, 06:14 PM

14,232 posts, read 4,596,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
I doubt that border guards can just be “trained” to hydrate intravenously. That would be setting us up for an onslaught of lawsuits. The border is 2000 miles long, we cannot have medical personnel every few miles just in case an illegal immigrant shows up dehydrated.
Every year especially around summer time, we have border agents and officers became heat casualty. Some are fatal. 7 year old girl walking across a hostile desert for who knows how long and far?

25 year old BP agent

https://www.odmp.org/officer/21503-b...effrey-ramirez

Old 12-15-2018, 06:17 PM

467 posts, read 1,045,507 times
Quote:
Read the posts where folks write that it was not the responsibility for the CBP, it was the father's. He should be charged with child endangerment, etc. It was a dangerous trip and all.

So just because this father wasn't up to the task of protecting and providing for her, it's not our responsibility to do step in when she is in our custody?

Someone even posted that Pedialyte shouldn't be provided as it would only encourage more migrants.

Shrugging off a little girl's death. We weren't the ones who hauled her across the desert. Not our fault she died. Too bad. Shouldn't have made the trip.

I usually keep you on ignore as your posts are kind of out there. But this is important. This goes to who we are as a nation.
Well, we did transport the girl out of Antelope Wells, coordinate a meet with EMT who revived her, coordinate and provide a helicopter ride to the hospital, and have the hospital treat her.

What else can we do so you’re satisfied?

50% of patients admitted to a hospital in sepsis shock die. Is that due to someone’s negligence, or a sad fact that the condition is deadly?

Old 12-15-2018, 06:18 PM

I don't recall seeing many pieces on NPR or CNN about the some 4300 illegals that the Border Patrol has saved in the past few years. Funny how that works!

Old 12-15-2018, 06:22 PM

19,844 posts, read 12,106,658 times
Quote:
Really? You think CBP agents are not sharp enough to do this?

However, Oral Rehydration with electrolyte fluids should certainly be within the realm of possibility.
No, not just anyone can administer IV fluids. That would require a license, at a minimum EMT or LPN. It’s common sense.

Old 12-15-2018, 06:24 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,598,017 times
Quote:
Read the posts where folks write that it was not the responsibility for the CBP, it was the father's. He should be charged with child endangerment, etc. It was a dangerous trip and all.
CBP didnt make the choice for this child to leave home. clearly not their fault.

It certainly was the fathers, he made a bad choice to bring this child with him on this journey and the child paid for his bad choice with her life. straight up common sense and logic, whats the problem here do you lack each of those traits?

still waiting for evidence.

Last edited by tripleh; 12-15-2018 at 06:40 PM..

Old 12-15-2018, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
CBP didnt make the choice for this child to leave home. clearly not their fault.

It certainly was the fathers, he made a bad choice to bring this child with him on this journey and the child paid for his bad choice with her life. straight up common sense, whats the problem here?

still waiting for evidence.
We are still awaiting the evidence, but if it turns out to be what we are seeing now, this father should be prosecuted for manslaughter at the very least. I'd rather see him get 1st degree murder and the needle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies