Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy with Trump’s deal to reopen the Federal government for 3 weeks?
I’m happy with the deal 41 36.61%
It’s ok 50 44.64%
I’m unhappy with this deal 21 18.75%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 02:46 PM

6,735 posts, read 4,416,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
First of all the dems are to blame for this shut down not trump. ( funny how it’s always republicans is responsible for government shutdowns ) Second of all you should be thanking him the TSA are the dumbest bunch of idiots out there. Good riddance

Maybe Melania will throw some sympathy booty his way. Because he has definitely ran off with his tail between his legs. He thinks he's the worlds greatest negotiator. That doesnt sit well with 4 bankruptcies under your belt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2019, 02:47 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,517,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Pelosi and Schumer never said if they can open the government, then Trump gets his wall. They said they can talk about border security. Too many people can't seem to tell the difference between Trump's wall and border security. They're not the same thing.

Old 01-09-2019, 02:47 PM

1,239 posts, read 510,203 times
Our President.
https://twitter.com/samstein/status/...787232771?s=20
Quote:
Schumer: you’re using people as leverage. why won’t you open the government and stop hurting people?

POTUS: because then you won’t give me what I want

Pelosi eviscerated the cheeto colored turd. "He thinks that federal employees can just go and ask their fathers for more money, they can't. "

https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/stat...053320198?s=20

Old 01-09-2019, 02:48 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,702,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Trump got tired of winning and decided to try whining instead.

why would he not whine? Chuck and Nancy keep meeting with him, but will not budge an inch. Trump has said, in good faith, I am willing to talk, they are willing to not even listen..

13,302 posts, read 7,867,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
he did a good thing, nancy not only said no but hell no, so why be there
Most stuff in this country is underdone under the table - especially when all the spotlights are on.

S'like nothing's done till it ain't dun yet.

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 01-09-2019 at 03:08 PM..

39,077 posts, read 51,213,988 times
Congress holds the purse strings. The executive says they need/want this or that and Congress says yes or no to funding it. That's the constitution. It's the same with almost every subdivision of government too. In a city, the mayor asks for more cops, pay raises, and new cars, but the city council decides whether to give them or not. The mayor does not shut down the city if he/she does not get his way. Neither should Trump. His job is to make the point about what he needs, but in the end, to make do with what Congress gives him.

Old 01-09-2019, 02:49 PM

33,321 posts, read 12,511,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Illegal aliens, drug smugglers, sex traffickers, gang members and other criminals crossing our southern border, that's a security matter. A paltry $5 billion would go a long way in slowing down illegal border crossings.

The democrats used to echo Trump on border security, and trying to prevent illegal aliens from crossing into the US:

The Democrats on Immigration

In 2005, a left-leaning blogger wrote, “Illegal immigration wreaks havoc economically, socially, and culturally; makes a mockery of the rule of law; and is disgraceful just on basic fairness grounds alone.”

In 2006, a liberal columnist wrote that “immigration reduces the wages of domestic workers who compete with immigrants” and that “the fiscal burden of low-wage immigrants is also pretty clear.” His conclusion: “We’ll need to reduce the inflow of low-skill immigrants.”

That same year, a Democratic senator wrote, “When I see Mexican flags waved at proimmigration demonstrations, I sometimes feel a flush of patriotic resentment. When I’m forced to use a translator to communicate with the guy fixing my car, I feel a certain frustration.”

The blogger was Glenn Greenwald. The columnist was Paul Krugman. The senator was Barack Obama.

^^^^^ I'd heard the above, but I hadn't seen it written. Thanks for typing it out .

Old 01-09-2019, 02:50 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,264,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifercheswold View Post
It's impossible to negotiate with people who are unwilling to come to the table and compromise (*cough* Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer)
Notice how Schumer, Pelosi, Hoyer used a lot of Hyperbole in the Presser, nothing new ....
AND they refused again to take any questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I do not know for a fact but if the reports are correct they did offer a solution. Sign the budget and then we will discuss enforcing the borders.
That was last years deal ..... and here we are a year later with exactly the same Empty Promise by the Democrats. President Trump told all of them last year when he signed the Omnibus Budget "Never Again will I sign a Budget like this".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
LOL. Trump has met his match. Finally someone who is not going to be bullied by him. And it's a little old lady!
Really?? Is the Government Open now like Nancy promised?? That "little old lady" is responsible for all those Workers who won't get their checks. They should send her a Thank You Note.
Nancy said the Constitution says SHE is as important as the President -- turns out she is mistaken about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifercheswold View Post
That's what Democrats said a year ago when we had the last shutdown over DACA. Remember? Democrats said they would discuss border security and a wall. A year later, same empty promises.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...99784012091396

Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
What exactly is the democrats plan for border security? They claim they want border security but haven’t put forth any sort of plan yet. Why not just meet the republicans half way and just give them 2.5b for steel fencing? It’s such a relatively small amount of money we are talking about here.
Everyone should watch BOTH the Democrat Team Presser and the Republican Team Presser. Nancy, Chuck and Hoyer RANTED. They also LIED. The Republicans said they will have go back to Televised Negotiations due to the LIES. President Trump directed all the GOP Negotiation Team to work on proposals incorporating the Democrats ideas ..... which they did. He asked Nancy for their proposals - her answer and Schumer's answer was "open the Government and then we can talk". President Trump asked Pelosi -- "If I do what you ask -- will you then negotiate on the Funding for a wall, barrier?"
Nancy said NO!

There is absolutely no point in that - for one thing, that's the same thing they told him last year and then they refused to talk. For another -- the Democrats are only proposing a Continuing Resolution that ends less than 30 days from today. What is the point of continuing to kick this down the road 30 days at a time? President Trump is simply not going to do it. He should not do it.
Democrats plan on this sort of thing for a solid 2 years ...... this is their 2020 Election Plan.

How long will Federal Workers support Nancy's Plan??

Last edited by Kibby; 01-09-2019 at 03:02 PM..

17,273 posts, read 9,555,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
why would he not whine? Chuck and Nancy keep meeting with him, but will not budge an inch. Trump has said, in good faith, I am willing to talk, they are willing to not even listen..
No, they said they would talk about security, not a wall. That was very plain & clear. Because trump is so stupid & clearly iinsane, he keeps trying to do the same thing expecting different results & then cries about it. I mean, that is the definition of insanity, right there.

20,757 posts, read 8,570,932 times
This is why Fancy Nancy and the Ancient Schumerian don't like transparency -- it prevents them making up stories. Pence said Trump was very agreeable when the meeting started and gave them all candy to sweeten the deal! I agree with Kevin McCarthy or was it Pence today, who said we should have cameras in those meetings so taxpayers can see what really happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies