Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy with Trump’s deal to reopen the Federal government for 3 weeks?
I’m happy with the deal 41 36.61%
It’s ok 50 44.64%
I’m unhappy with this deal 21 18.75%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 03:06 PM

23 posts, read 9,726 times

Advertisements

Trump walked out because Nancy and Chuck will not give him a wall or structure to secure varies areas of the border.

Videos show Schumer, Hillary and Obama all fought for a wall to keep illegal aliens from crossing over the border. This is a political stand and the democrats will not give into Trump.

A law needs to be passed where all senators would not be paid if there is a government shutdown. NO back pay. Let them feel some pain and all sides would negotiate and resolve issues quickly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2019, 03:06 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,234,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Pelosi and Schumer never said if they can open the government, then Trump gets his wall. They said they can talk about border security. Too many people can't seem to tell the difference between Trump's wall and border security. They're not the same thing.

And that's why Trump is not going to play it their way and open govt NOW so they can do nothing but more pointless TALK.

Old 01-09-2019, 03:07 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,569,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Fine. If it's the semantics, then how about the Dems agree to $7B for "border security" and allow DHS/CBP to spend it as they see fit?
Because the child trump is an insane child who refuses to negotiate on a stupid ugly wall that would make this country look like some militarized society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
if Chucky and Nancy's response was 'sign this and we'll take about what you want later' they are lucky they didn't get punched in the face.
Punched by who exactly?

Old 01-09-2019, 03:07 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
These replies are hilarious. Why should the Dems negotiate with this guy who they have MADE deals with, and which he has welshed upon 2 hours later?

Donald Trump absolutely does not negotiate in good faith, is not a man of his word and uses childish threats to 'negotiate.'

Trump doesn't even care about the wall, and he is receiving horrible advice--like reading that lame piece of paper last night. Waste of time and he was half asleep.
Bingo. Even the Republicans can't trust him. They passed that funding bill and then he reneged and made them look like fools.

And yes, that sniffling speech last night was loser's move.

Old 01-09-2019, 03:08 PM

10,612 posts, read 12,140,426 times
Quote:
Essential employees are being paid........which is another discussion.
No. Essential employees are NOT being paid. They're working, but not being paid.

Quote:
do you suppose they would threaten their own customers in such a manner? No. They would resolve any issue as expediently as possible. Why?
You mean the same airlines, that every time you turn around you hear of passengers being pulled off planes, with broken noses?, (apparently) being make to sit in seats with feces?, being (allegedly) made to urinate in cups because a flight attendant won't let someone go to the bathroom? Those are the airlines you expect to look out for their customers?

Quote:
Like when private security allowed the 9/11 hijackers through?
Oh, good grief. You do know that several people were trying to get the government to look at and investigate the hijackers BEFORE 9/11 right? And most of their attempts went unheeded. What happened that day was not the fault of airport/airline security.

Last edited by selhars; 01-09-2019 at 03:20 PM..

17,717 posts, read 13,547,655 times
Trump walked out and got his blanket and binky and went back to his room.

10,091 posts, read 5,741,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Trump was the one who walked out. Why is this confusing to you?
He walked out because they stonewalled him. They are too pig headed to work with Trump on anything. Their only goal is to destroy him. I love how last night, they vaguely referred to other measures of border security, yet all that means is kicking the can down the road.

2,745 posts, read 3,021,742 times
Many people expected Pres. Trump to declare an emergency during this speech, and announce the immediate building of a wall by executive order. Instead, he basically threw a bone to the dems, and gave them a chance to make it easy and come across with the money.

IF they don't, I really expect that in another week~ or so, he'll have another press meeting and then announce an emergency, and that he's going to build the wall anyway.

He knows he can't back down now/this final time, or he's finished politically (even with many of his own supporters) and will in fact be a lame duck for the rest of his two years.

This is all IMO anyway, and I'm sure there will be those of you to say I'm full of crap, but I think it's 'the' or close to 'the truth' as he sees it.

Old 01-09-2019, 03:09 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,569,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
If they want him to give up the wall, they need to give him something in return. Just as if he wants the wall, he needs to give them something in return. Its not solely up to him to acquiesce. Its really not a hard concept.
And yet, trump insists on a wall, nothing else.

Old 01-09-2019, 03:09 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,234,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
So I told my spouse I wanted to spend $5 million on villa in Lake Como. I had promised myself and the kids that we would someday live next to George Clooney in Italy and that for the sake of my mental health as well as the promise I made to our kids, I wanted him to write the check.

He said I was out of my ever-loving mind. We were already in debt up to our eyeballs and overdrawn at the bank as it was.

I said, "Well, fine. If that's the way you are going to be, then I'm going to shut this place down. No cooking. No cleaning. Nothing. "

What exactly would the compromise be here, pray tell?

I'm not going to satisfied with a week at an Airbnb at the beach. He's not going to borrow $5 million to buy an Italian villa?

My guess is when the house fills up with bags of trash and empty pizza boxes and all the clothes have been worn several times, you'll warm to the idea of a week at the beach in an AirBnb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies