Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy with Trump’s deal to reopen the Federal government for 3 weeks?
I’m happy with the deal 41 36.61%
It’s ok 50 44.64%
I’m unhappy with this deal 21 18.75%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2019, 05:44 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,007,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I don't think you are grasping the situation here.
It's clear that you aren't "grasping the situation here". It takes two to tango.

It's clear that democrats put illegal aliens ahead of American citizens. Why else are they against securing the border?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2019, 05:45 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,007,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
There are already drones that can lift a person over a wall.

Batteries may be the drawback. Haven't kept up on it, but have seen YouTube videos of drones lifting people up to house roofs for the past couple years.

Now you're really reaching. Illegals aren't going to be dragging a drone across the desert---and you know it, too.

Old 01-16-2019, 05:51 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,562,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
It's clear that you aren't "grasping the situation here". It takes two to tango.

It's clear that democrats put illegal aliens ahead of American citizens. Why else are they against securing the border?
So how is offering $1.3 billion for border security against it?

Old 01-16-2019, 06:15 PM

243 posts, read 224,922 times
I think building a wall on our southern border is one of the most stupidest ideas ever. I'm against illegal immigration and I believe everyone should come here the legal way. But wasting so much money on wall is just ridiculous.

I think everyone in Washington should feel ashamed.

President : Because for him this is just a personal triumph... building the wall. Especially since he hasn't been able to do nothing the past 2 years, he's desperate.

Congress: We understand the wall is stupid, but i don't think it should ever go above putting millions of Americans out of Work. This is insane! The American people should always be the #1 priority.

If putting a "bigly" wall will give American back their jobs, then be it. But everyone must understand that the only one benefiting from that is Trump, and Trump alone. This is about EGO.

Old 01-16-2019, 06:34 PM

62,971 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
The Dems don’t want to spend $ 5.8 billion for a wall when more up-to-date means are available. Trump only is fighting for the Wall because he wants to fulfill one of his silly campaign promises.

There is nothing better to deter illegal entry than a good physical barrier. If you don't believe me then listen to the border patrol. Where the good walls have already been erected they have been very effective in deterring illegal entry. We tried high tech stuff years ago and we had to scrap it because it didn't work. What's silly about wanting to secure our border? Haven't other presidents made campaign promises? What's the difference? Bashing Trump is more important to you than the safety and security of your fellow citizens?

Was it silly when Schumer and Obama signed the wall bill back in 2006? Hmm.

Old 01-16-2019, 06:36 PM

62,971 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quique07 View Post
I think building a wall on our southern border is one of the most stupidest ideas ever. I'm against illegal immigration and I believe everyone should come here the legal way. But wasting so much money on wall is just ridiculous.

I think everyone in Washington should feel ashamed.

President : Because for him this is just a personal triumph... building the wall. Especially since he hasn't been able to do nothing the past 2 years, he's desperate.

Congress: We understand the wall is stupid, but i don't think it should ever go above putting millions of Americans out of Work. This is insane! The American people should always be the #1 priority.

If putting a "bigly" wall will give American back their jobs, then be it. But everyone must understand that the only one benefiting from that is Trump, and Trump alone. This is about EGO.

Please read my post #2249. Tired of having to repeat the truth to you Trump haters.

Old 01-16-2019, 06:37 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,562,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
There is nothing better to deter illegal entry than a good physical barrier. If you don't believe me then listen to the border patrol. We tried high tech stuff years ago and we had to scrap it because it didn't work. What's silly about wanting to secure our border? Haven't other presidents made campaign promises? What's the difference? Bashing Trump is more important to you than the safety and security of your fellow citizens?

Was it silly when Schumer and Obama signed the wall bill back in 2006? Hmm.

Because they didn't. They signed a FENCE bill and you know that but you keep parroting the same crap day after day. Squawk, squawk.

Old 01-16-2019, 06:46 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Walls work in populated areas to funnel people to ports of entry. We have such walls. They work when they are backed up by Border Patrol.

So far, every wall prototype has been breached.

Folks don't need a drone to get over the wall. A long pole and some ropes work. Also a ladder. Does anyone actually believe those on the border don't have access to pickups that can get through the desert?

Trump's $5 billion is downpayment on a boondoggle that will cost billions more. It's a stupid waste of money.

Pass mandatory E-Verify with significant penalties. That would go a lot farther to solving not only those crossing at the border but those overstaying their visas.

Good Lord, the deficit is doubling during a time prosperity.

China will eclipse us next year and be the number 1 economy.

We shouldn't be wasting money. We need to be smarter about how we spend it.

Old 01-16-2019, 07:25 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,223,962 times
The Wall is needed to keep 99% of the invaders out. That leaves the 1% who are going to still try to cross and the border control can focus on those criminals. The wall keeps drugs and rapists out by allowing the border control personnel to focus on them rather than the family of 4 who just waltzes across with no wall.

Old 01-16-2019, 07:29 PM

25,449 posts, read 9,813,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
The Wall is needed to keep 99% of the invaders out. That leaves the 1% who are going to still try to cross and the border control can focus on those criminals. The wall keeps drugs and rapists out by allowing the border control personnel to focus on them rather than the family of 4 who just waltzes across with no wall.
The wall will not keep 99% of the invaders out. And why didn't Trump want this wall as soon as he got into office? Now it's an emergency?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies