Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: In lieu of the border wall, would you be satisfied with ending birthright citizenship and improving/
Yes I would be satisfied with this compromise. 38 44.19%
No, we need the wall in addition to ending birthright citizenship and enforcing e-Verify. 48 55.81%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 02:25 PM

23,988 posts, read 15,091,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
I don't know who's Will Hurd is.

but I have 10 years with CBP.
He is the Congressman, former CIA agent, for 1/2 the Texas Mexico border.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2019, 02:26 PM

62,970 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
This is a good point.

IF it is the most important issue, why didn't he do this before now?

For two years the Democrats have bucked him and there are many Republicans in congress that don't back him either. I'm surprised that some don't know that already or pretend not to after telling those posters the above and yet they continue to repeat this nonsense day after day like you never answered their questions. I guess it's a part of the Parrot Club Bible in here. Rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat.

Old 01-09-2019, 02:27 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,295,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Adults don't do that. They stick with the issues at hand as there is no reason to attack a president's looks or make false statements about them. I didn't like Obama's policies nor any Democrat's policies but it would be cold day in hell that I'd stoop to attacking their looks or lying about them. That's kindergarten playground crap.
That's your prerogative. I choose otherwise.

Old 01-09-2019, 02:27 PM

14,232 posts, read 4,596,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
He is the Congressman, former CIA agent, for 1/2 the Texas Mexico border.
oh, cool. so he doesn't have 10 years with CBP?

that's all I need to know

Old 01-09-2019, 02:28 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:
Adults don't do that. They stick with the issues at hand as there is no reason to attack a president's looks or make false statements about them. I didn't like Obama's policies nor any Democrat's policies but it would be cold day in hell that I'd stoop to attacking their looks or lying about them. That's kindergarten playground crap.
Just to make this clear, you did listen to Trump in the Primary and all, right?

You understand that he has made 100's of such statements - right out of 8th grade (if that) and continues to do so to this very day???

I'm with you. He set a bad tone and never once apologized for it or changed his ways. He's the leader and sets the tone. Using Trumps own world-view, why wouldn't others "fight back" in the same way he does?

I think future Presidents won't do this. Or at least I hope they don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
Democrats wont agree to 1 .

Republicans wont agree to 2 .

But that's the general perception among the public . Both parties won't agree to 2. Because businesses will suffer.

Actually, it was the Republicans who tried to pass e-verify the last time but the Democrats voted it down.

7,293 posts, read 4,097,756 times
Quote:
For two years the Democrats have bucked him and there are many Republicans in congress that don't back him either. I'm surprised that some don't know that already or pretend not to after telling those posters the above and yet they continue to repeat this nonsense day after day like you never answered their questions. I guess it's a part of the Parrot Club Bible in here. Rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat.
If he can't get his party to support him, he is not a great negotiator.

Old 01-09-2019, 02:30 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,610,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
So what was preventing bringing it up for vote in the last 24 months, other than he couldn't even get enough support from his own party to get it passed?
Believe me I’ve been wondering the same thing.

Old 01-09-2019, 02:32 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,097,756 times
Quote:
Actually, it was the Republicans who tried to pass e-verify the last time but the Democrats voted it down.
Many Republicans did not support it.

Old 01-09-2019, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
In my county the jails are so full that we have to send prisoners to other states. The Great State of Texas and the City of Houston do notify ICE. Sometimes it takes days for ICE to get the illegals. It causes a budgeting problem.

Then that needs to be corrected and the cities and states should be reimbursed for their upkeep. There are states like Calif. though that won't call ICE because they want to protect illegal aliens in their communities and it doesn't seem to matter if they have a criminal record or not. The illegal that killed Kate Steinle comes to mind up in San Francisco. He was just released in spite of his record and his illegal alien status. Calif. had declared itself to be a sanctuary state which means they will never call ICE when they have an illegal alien in their custody and it has nothing to do with any costs they may incur for holding them till ICE comes either.

Last edited by Oldglory; 01-09-2019 at 02:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies