Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2019, 08:38 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,871,500 times

Advertisements

Why didn't he just keep this to himself...???

Is he TRYING to upset the public or still feeling murderous, or what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2019, 09:24 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,847,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebonnet1975 View Post
Wow. He should have just kept that to himself.
Liam used to be one of my favorite actors, until he opened his mouth recently and spewed what he was thinking, years ago.

I agree, he should have kept his thoughts, to himself. I am sure as parents and friends of someone that has been hurt, we may have had thoughts about what we could do to a person that hurt a loved one.

But this is outrageous, in my thinking. Not revenge on the person that did the crime but just anyone with the same ethnic background. That is beyond racist, let's see how he gets out of this one. He may have wanted attention/publicity...who knows.

Old 02-05-2019, 09:29 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post

It's called being self centered to the nth degree. Thinks the actually world cares about what he thinks.

But of course the MSM will pick up this meme and give him all the airplay he needs to play it out. They have to keep pushing the "Whitey is rassis" to keep the easily influenced engaged.

Old 02-05-2019, 09:37 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,837,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
It's called being self centered to the nth degree. Thinks the actually world cares about what he thinks.

But of course the MSM will pick up this meme and give him all the airplay he needs to play it out. They have to keep pushing the "Whitey is rassis" to keep the easily influenced engaged.

Right. Apparently, the spotlight was off him for a day.

But the media does LOVE this. Of course, Joyless Behar had to chime in: It's all Trump's fault that people feel free to say these things, there was no racism before Trump, Neeson should just shut up, and only "Harvard professors" can have a "discussion" about racism.

Again, blacks can hate your cracker azz all day long, and say so, but this garbage gets the publicity--and outrage.

Old 02-05-2019, 09:40 AM

52,288 posts, read 52,723,379 times
He should have kept his mouth closed. Not sure what good came out of it. I can sorta understand when you're full of rage you want lash out, but the rational side of the brain should kick in and realize just how irrational attacking some random black guy would be.

Old 02-05-2019, 10:04 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
In today's climate, it's a bad idea to be honest - even if you follow it up with, 'I was wrong and I'm ashamed I felt that way.'

If he wanted to really find a black guy to take it out on, he would have done that.

I've been the victim of black on white crime, as have some people I care about. Did I go through some periods of time where I harbored some sick fantasies and ugly thoughts? You bet I did. It's human nature. Denying that is a lie. It's part of the stages one goes through when victimized, not unlike stages of grief. If one of the black posters were to state he'd had a horrific incident with a white guy, and went out for two weeks just waiting to kill a white guy looking to mess with him - I would completely understand his initial rage...as long as he didn't act on it.

If this was his mother, sister, or wife who was raped, you think he's going to deal with his rage rationally? Saying he wanted something to happen doesn't mean he really would have done that, by the way. I think the point in telling this was to put into context something in his movie.

Is what he said really that different than rappers talking about wanting or planning to kill a cop? Something that does happen? Where has your outrage been for that?

Old 02-05-2019, 10:45 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,881,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
I just don't understand his thought process. I see being super upset and possibly having to hold yourself back from doing something illegal if he crossed the actual person who violated his friend; but I'm not understanding why he was looking to target any innocent black person (i.e the whole race). If she had told him that it was a white person who did it, would he have been ready to throw down on the next white person he could find to cross him? I didn't read the interview in-depth, but I don't know that he explained that. It seems what he was really trying to convey was that he had some deep-seated hatred for blacks, and he almost used the unfortunate situation as an excuse to act out on that.
I have to answer my own question. Liam did mention that his reaction was not specific to the fact that it was a black person. He said he would have been looking for an Irish man, Lithuanian, etc if that had been who had violated his friend. That points to more of an anger issue, not specifically a racist; although some of his wording referring to black people was not appropriate. It happened so long ago, and seems like water under the bridge now and he has apologized.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa...amp/2775490002

Old 02-05-2019, 10:50 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,664,852 times
We don't have to share everything we think and feel. I would be flat out embarrassed, to say out loud the way I feel about certain things, situations and people. The world doesn't need to know every little thing about you, just take it to the grave with you.

Last edited by ipaper; 02-05-2019 at 11:50 AM..

Old 02-05-2019, 11:08 AM

169 posts, read 160,680 times
This thread and that article is utter crap. The media is trying to portray Liam neeson in a bad way. He is one of the few actors I truly respect. (Alongside Nic Cage, Mel Gibson, Johnny Depp etc)

Old 02-05-2019, 11:10 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,102,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post

I agree why does everyone feel the need to unburden their soul to the public.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies