Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2019, 11:12 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
It's pretty cowardly to want to find some random stranger because someone else caused harm to a friend or family member. Now if he had found the actual perp and brought about some actual justice, that's one thing. But he becomes no better than the rapist when he wants to take out his anger on someone not involved in the original crime
I think it's human to want to lash out.

It would have been cowardly if he had acted up on it.

He did not.

He's remorseful for even thinking that way in hindsight.

I see no reason to pretend that most of us don't have thoughts during emotionally-charged times that are unwise or even grossly unfair.

It is what we ultimately do (or do NOT do) that says who we are as people.

I think he's being attacked for being human.

Old 02-05-2019, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
No, he was saying that he learned from it, and blah blah, but c'mon, he didn't just *think* bad thoughts of revenge, he went out, with a weapon, looking for any black male, any at all - and if he had found one, he would have done his best to kill them.

That is a problem - when you let your rage consume you to the point that you're actively seeking out an innocent person based only on the color of the skin, or any other resemblance to someone who hurt someone you know.

No, he didn't follow through - so what? It doesn't diminish that he was out there trying to do it - doesn't matter that he feels bad now - he did that. That's fricken sick.

I said JoePhotog had a good point because there are males out there who like to hunt females and kill them because their mommy made them angry. They actively go out looking for someone to kill.

I don't care how bad you feel about that later on down the line - that's beyond what most people do when something terrible happens to a friend or family member. If he would have attacked the guy who did it, I think everyone would understand that, even if it's not right according to the law, but actually looking for a random person to kill? That says something about a person. They may have changed, but that was in them at one point - it should bother people.
Oh, come on. You're telling me that in a week of walking around angry, he couldn't find a black dude?

LOL.

He did. He just never acted on it because he knew it was wrong.

Old 02-05-2019, 11:17 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
I agree why does everyone feel the need to unburden their soul to the public.....

Why do people become rabid and want to punish those who do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2019, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
What is concerning for me and I imagine most black folks is the last part of that statement.

Quote: "Liam Neeson revealed a shockingly racist incident in an interview about his new film, “Cold Pursuit,†saying that years ago, after he found out a friend was raped, he cased the streets for a week hoping to kill any “black bastard†who crossed him."

One guy does something and ALL Blacks are responsible? What defines a "Black bastard", do I have to punch you or just be in your vicinity? This is the reason Trevon Martin was so scary to black people. He was a minor who was assigned all these negative connotations by a passer by, who engaged and killed him. Regardless of what you think of the case itself, the altercation took placed because some wanna be cop saw a black person which triggered "threat" due to being black alone. Keep in mind the killer knew there were black people in neighborhood therefore the likelihood of seeing a black person walking was 100%, yet it didn't matter because stereotypes allow you to judge without thinking.
Does one blonde, ditzy, white chick voting for Trump mean that all of them are racists?

Stick with me here...

I have surely seen some accusations to that effect on social media.

He was angry. He knew his friend was raped by a black guy.

I assume that if he knew his friend was raped by a redneck from Alabama, he'd have looked for a guy with a Confederate flag hat or the like, no?

I say he would have.

It was totally illogical and he knew it was totally illogical.

That is the point of him saying he was wrong and he was not thinking clearly and he feels bad about it.

He was not caught in some lie he's trying to squirm out of. He's admitting to having thoughts that he feels were wrong and that he feels bad for having.

I'm pretty sure that he could easily have found a black man in the city and egged the man on until the man crossed him if he REALLY wanted to hurt someone.

But, he did not.

Hell, at least he's honest.

Old 02-05-2019, 11:23 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,496,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Hearing Neeson say that, I would have every reason to be scared and angry at the same time. I'm Black. I have to consider that he could want to kill ME!!! Snowflake? I'm simply looking out for my own life.
I mean...if you only knew what goes through people's minds at all times.
You might want to lock yourself up forever.

Old 02-05-2019, 11:24 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,881,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
I agree why does everyone feel the need to unburden their soul to the public.....
Maybe because they think things could possibly leak out at some point in the future, and they want to proactively get out in front of it. That is the only reason I can think of.

Old 02-05-2019, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Hearing Neeson say that, I would have every reason to be scared and angry at the same time. I'm Black. I have to consider that he could want to kill ME!!! Snowflake? I'm simply looking out for my own life.
I'm a white woman and I've heard people make some scary, blanket statements surrounding what they want to do to white people and to white women.

I'm not terrified because I know most of it is purely talk and if I heard it after the fact from someone who said they knew it was wrong and they felt terrible about it and were glad they never acted on it?

I'd cross them off my worry list.

It's the ones who are NOT telling you how they feel you need to worry about.

Just real talk, you know?

Old 02-05-2019, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Maybe because they think things could possibly leak out at some point in the future, and they want to proactively get out in front of it. That is the only reason I can think of.
How would anyone know what he was thinking inside his head?

I think he was making a point and it got missed.

Old 02-05-2019, 11:31 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,496,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Well, I’m pretty sure he had to have run across a lot of blacks. Why didn’t he do something?

Meh...I take it with a grain of salt. I have my doubts that he meant what he said.
The thing is...he was acting out at the time, and he realized how messed up it was. Everybody make mistakes and do dumb things in life. That doesn't mean they are racists, will remain racists....OR can't change that behavior later in life. His biggest mistake, is that he opened his big mouth and said something. Maybe it's his age that makes him ramble too much.

Last edited by glass_of_merlot; 02-05-2019 at 11:41 AM..

Old 02-05-2019, 11:32 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,881,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Does one blonde, ditzy, white chick voting for Trump mean that all of them are racists?

Stick with me here...

I have surely seen some accusations to that effect on social media.

He was angry. He knew his friend was raped by a black guy.

I assume that if he knew his friend was raped by a redneck from Alabama, he'd have looked for a guy with a Confederate flag hat or the like, no?

I say he would have.

It was totally illogical and he knew it was totally illogical.

That is the point of him saying he was wrong and he was not thinking clearly and he feels bad about it.

He was not caught in some lie he's trying to squirm out of. He's admitting to having thoughts that he feels were wrong and that he feels bad for having.

I'm pretty sure that he could easily have found a black man in the city and egged the man on until the man crossed him if he REALLY wanted to hurt someone.

But, he did not.

Hell, at least he's honest.
Yes. I was wondering the same thing, and he mentioned in the Good Morning Today interview that his reaction was not based on race. He said that if the description of the suspect had been Irish or Lithuanian, we would have been out there looking for those groups. It just happened that it was a black guy. Given that information, I changed my initial opinion of this story, that it is less race-related and more related to his rage over the incident and his irrational response to almost take that out on an innocent person (which he ultimately did not).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies