Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2019, 08:50 AM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
I don’t get it?
Providing excellent health care to the very rich is an area where the US absolutely excels. Which I'm sure is a great comfort to those who are self-rationing their insuline to make ends meet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2019, 08:56 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
You're Canadian right?

I recently was on a business trip to Quebec.

My counterpart there was suffering from a hernia.

When I asked about his health care, he said he would have to wait another four months in addition to the two months since he was diagnosed, and then his cost for the operation would be $4000.00.

Apparently the whole system depends on where you live and how much you make as well as the specifics of your condition.

But I guess he was lying.....
Shoe fitting over there in aisle two.

https://www.shouldice.com/hernia-spe...ng-quebec.html

You should know that is the very service Rand Paul flew to Canada to have performed. They have locations across Canada, including Quebec. They are among those private companies authorized for re-imbursement by the various provincial governments.

Tell your friend to give them a call as it's obvious both his doctor and himself cannot be bothered to make themselves aware of available services.... oooooor ...….your friend is telling you what you want to hear in order to ingratiate himself with you for some strange reason.

Factually the whole system does not depend on location, or income.

Lastly; I live in the U.S. for the allowed 180 days of every year and have done since 2001, so ...if it be anecdotal stuff you wish to hang your hat upon...…. brother...….you better hang onto your hat!

Old 04-02-2019, 08:57 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 3 days ago)

27,184 posts, read 13,469,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Providing excellent health care to the very rich is an area where the US absolutely excels. Which I'm sure is a great comfort to those who are self-rationing their insuline to make ends meet.
TBF on the Americans, Papworth is near Cambridge, and the USAF doctors and nurses from the nearby US base ar Lakenheath actually work in some of the local NHS hospitals around the area.

RAF Lakenheath: USAF nurses work in NHS hospitals - BBC News

Not sure if they do this for those who are uninsured in the US.

Old 04-02-2019, 08:58 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,278,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I know, I stepped over a couple of dead middle class people on my way in today.
Mediocre care with high copays and expensive prescriptions do not always lead to death, silly. Although I'd bet you walked past a bankrupt, homeless, used to be middle class until they got sick person or two. You might even have suggested they "get a job"?

Old 04-02-2019, 08:58 AM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
What would be a scenario where someone would choose private over NHS?
In Denmark, the typical preference for private would be for non-life-threatening stuff - joint surgery, for instance. There may be a wait or simply an inconvenient schedule in the public system, you can plan things to your liking in a private clinic. (This reduces the caseload in the private system, so - win-win.) That being said, I know medical professionals who openly acknowledge that while the private clinics may have nicer rooms, sleeker equipment and more experienced surgeons, they still wouldn't go there. Because if something goes wrong, an ICU with a well-stocked blood bank on the premises is considerably more useful.

Old 04-02-2019, 09:00 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
This: https://www.msn.com/en-nz/entertainm...ims/ar-BBVvbaS

The band revealed a day earlier that doctors had advised him not to go on stage, weeks before the tour was due to start on April 20 in Miami.

The rock icon had undergone a routine scan that alerted doctors to an unexpected issue that could require hospital treatment.

Despite being ordered to rest, Jagger is said to have told friends he 'feels great' and that he is already 'bored' of taking it easy.

Reading is good.

Old 04-02-2019, 09:01 AM

45,227 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
Mediocre care with high copays and expensive prescriptions do not always lead to death, silly. Although I'd bet you walked past a bankrupt, homeless, used to be middle class until they got sick person or two. You might even have suggested they "get a job"?
I'd suggest they educate themselves on the root cause of why healthcare is so expensive and to quit calling for more of it.

Old 04-02-2019, 09:04 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,029,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Thank you very much.
You are very welcome.

Old 04-02-2019, 09:07 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
I'd suggest they educate themselves on the root cause of why healthcare is so expensive and to quit calling for more of it.
Medicare......less Medicare????

Old 04-02-2019, 09:22 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Medicare......less Medicare????
He thinks the US higher cost than other countries is the result of government when countries with more government involvement cost less. Move along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies