Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2019, 02:51 PM

14,887 posts, read 10,061,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
It doesn’t matter. Either way, he proves yet again he is an inept, loud mouth piece of crap. Pelosi’s words are spot on & an example of how a true leader expresses sympathy.
It doesn't really matter what he says, you'll still claim that it proves something and somehow it justifies your stupidity and hate for him.

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-15-2019 at 03:36 PM.. Reason: off topic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2019, 02:52 PM

14,887 posts, read 10,061,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
And all that weight of the water coming down?
They use tankers on structure fires in CA all the time during wild fires, it's no worse than the high pressure hoses used to put out fires everywhere on the planet.

Old 04-15-2019, 02:53 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,505,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I don't know where the nearest helicopters are but I'm sure France has a few of them that could handle it. As for the water availability, there is a river 100' from the cathedral. The cathedral is also not in the middle of the city, it is surrounded on three sides by open area parks and plazas.
Perhaps you'll take professional firefighters and French Civil Defence word on it.

Quote:
Professional firefighters called Trump's proposal impractical at best. Deploying the kinds of airplanes used to fight forest fires would be dangerous in an urban area, they said, noting that force of the water could knock the building down and threaten firefighters on the ground.

"The drop of water by air on this type of building could indeed result in the collapse of the entire structure," the French government civil defense agency tweeted.

Old 04-15-2019, 02:53 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,437,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I bet you are that guy at a crowded party who stands alone on the corner mad at everyone else and wondering why he's being avoided.
You're honestly gonna tell me that you are a big hit at parties?

Old 04-15-2019, 02:54 PM

15,722 posts, read 9,558,026 times
Has anyone ever seen either airplanes or helicopters dropping water on buildings? From what I can tell when I see them dropping on wildfires, it's not an exact science. Water gets everywhere.You'd need to pull on the crews on the ground away from the fire. It's not realistic.

Old 04-15-2019, 02:55 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,262,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Lets hope is not terrorism.

How can they replaced a 1000 year old structure?
You don’t. Only a reasonable facsimile of it.

Old 04-15-2019, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
They use tankers on structure fires in CA all the time during wild fires, it's no worse than the high pressure hoses used to put out fires everywhere on the planet.
Like on houses that are already going to be burned to smithereens?

Old 04-15-2019, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Interesting that someone calling themselves TheMoreYouKnow is saying firefighters should be fighting this from the air when actual firefighters are saying otherwise --
Quote:
Hundreds of firemen of the Paris Fire Brigade are doing everything they can to bring the terrible #NotreDame fire under control. All means are being used, except for water-bombing aircrafts which, if used, could lead to the collapse of the entire structure of the cathedral.
— Sécurité Civile Fr (@SecCivileFrance) April 15, 2019

I'll take his word on it.

French officials said such a move could cause the entire structure to collapse.

Old 04-15-2019, 03:02 PM

10,537 posts, read 6,187,970 times
Quote:
It doesn't really matter what he says, you'll still claim that it proves something and somehow it justifies your stupidity and hate for him. You're the epitome of TDS in human form.
Wrong. It does matter what he says. He's supposed to be President. When I first saw someone post his tweet I honestly thought it came from The Onion.

Old 04-15-2019, 03:03 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,505,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Like on houses that are already going to be burned to smithereens?
And in areas that are evacuated for miles around, not populated, urban areas with neighboring buildings that are *not* currently on fire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies