Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2019, 04:16 PM

18,562 posts, read 7,372,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cska View Post
Texas used to belong to Mexico before we the white men took it away from them. Hispanics have every right to immigrate to Texas; this land used to belong to them.
No, it didn't. It was empty, and it was merely claimed by Mexico. Moreover, even if Mexico used to own it that would be entirely irrelevant to whether Mexicans have a right to immigrate. NO ONE EVER has a right to immigrate anywhere.

Old 06-23-2019, 04:28 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
No, it didn't. It was empty, and it was merely claimed by Mexico. Moreover, even if Mexico used to own it that would be entirely irrelevant to whether Mexicans have a right to immigrate. NO ONE EVER has a right to immigrate anywhere.
Is that so?

Hmm...that means that the English, the Welsh, the Scots, the Irish, the Germans, Scandinavians, the Italians and everyone else who immigrated to the American hemisphere has no right to be here.

Old 06-23-2019, 05:36 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Sorry, but you live in So Calif, so you're biased. By and large Hispanics assimilate into the American world.
"To a worm in an apple, all the world is an apple"....
How does living in So. Calif. make me biased? I see what I see and hear what I hear. You are wrong that most Hispanics assimilate linguistically and politically. Many if not most want amnesty for their illegal amigos. That's tribalism above country.

Let's take Miami for another example. You can't get a job there unless you speak Spanish. Many employment adds here in the southwest demand that you speak Spanish to get a job also. That doesn't sound like assimilation to me. I hear ads over the intercom in major department stores in Spanish only. That doesn't compute to assimilation either.

Old 06-23-2019, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Is that so?

Hmm...that means that the English, the Welsh, the Scots, the Irish, the Germans, Scandinavians, the Italians and everyone else who immigrated to the American hemisphere has no right to be here.
It's not a right without permission and it's a priviledge not an unconditional right.

Old 06-23-2019, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cska View Post
Texas used to belong to Mexico before we the white men took it away from them. Hispanics have every right to immigrate to Texas; this land used to belong to them.
Your clue is "used to". We paid Mexico $15 million for some southwest territories that they only held for a short time anyway. If you buy a house does the former owner get to claim it back when he feels like it and his family move back into it or worse yet his descendants? Geezus.

We white men? Those white men are all dead now and so are those Mexicans who sold the land. WTH does that have to do with those of us alive today? I don't see the Mexican government trying to get it back. Just a bunch of whiney peasants who weren't alive back then either.

Old 06-23-2019, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Is that so?

First, many of the people who came here from those countries were settlers, not immigrants, but so what?

No one ever has a right to immigrate, and you seem to agree.

Old 06-23-2019, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliciano View Post
Why are you worried if these immigrants change this country demographically?
Because they vote to take stuff from us!!!!!

They are less productive than us, and they need and vote for subsidies for themselves.

Old 06-23-2019, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliciano View Post
I would say the issue lies with the employers since they are hire them in the first place, last time I checked nobody is forcing them to do. Pay people a competitive wage and the issue goes away. From what I am seeing is many businesses want something for nothing, and many Americans are not going for that. As far as the union part, I was replying to another poster on this thread, it was quite obvious I was and that issue should be directed towards them.

I never said in my post that most white Americans were out to murder us, c'mon. Why are you worried if these immigrants change this country demographically? Demographic changes have always happened since Europeans came ashore to this country and continue to do so. It does not matter if you or I have an issue with Hispanics assimilating or not cause there is nothing we can do about it!!
The illegals are just as guilty as the employers. If they hadn't jumped our border illegally the employers would not be able to hire them either. So as an analogy a bank robber (the greedy employers) ask someone (the illegals) to drive the get-away car and they agree to do so but only the bank robber is guilty? Huh?

I don't even know what you are talking about in your second paragraph in regards to murders. Do you have your posters mixed up again? It's not lawful nor natural for ILLEGAL ALIENS to change the demographics of a country. They aren't immigrants. Are you confused?

It's a discussion about Hispanics not assimilating I didn't say I could do anything about it. You do know what a discussion is, don't you? I'll tell you what I have done already. Companies that pander to them in Spanish I let know I won't do business with them anymore. If enough Americans do that they will get the message and Hispanics will be forced to do business in English. Maybe they'll even stop being rude and speak English in public. What a novel idea, right?

Old 06-23-2019, 06:26 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Because they vote to take stuff from us!!!!!

They are less productive than us, and they need and vote for subsidies for themselves.
Immigrants historically are MORE productive than others who are already citizens. They work harder, are more entrepreneurial, and generally have more stable family lives and less crime.

Fact.

Old 06-23-2019, 06:48 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Immigrants historically are MORE productive than others who are already citizens...
...but, alas, no longer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies