Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2019, 11:21 AM

15,638 posts, read 10,396,089 times

Advertisements

texas has been heavily Hispanic for decades. Mexican influences abound and are a major part of the texas culture. we all get along great, European and Mexican American texas residents, and have since i can remember. In fact, one of my earliest memories in childhood was attending a cinco de mayo block party with neighbors.

Old 06-22-2019, 11:36 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,096,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montydean View Post
at this point if you are a white person voting democrat, you are voting for suicide. Mexicans in Texas will vote for Mexican politicians the same way Somalians in Minnesota vote exclusively for muslim politicians. Laws like affirmitive action will grow and the new norm will be equality of outcome, not equality of opportunity. Every racial group is tribal and proud to be so, everyone except for whites. Its sad that the race who accomplished the most, is so eager to give it all away.
Your post demonstrates a proud racist philosophy.

There's no stopping the natural shifting of demographics.

Best plan is to figure out a way to deal with the reality.

Old 06-22-2019, 11:37 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,385,679 times
In the title of the OP, why are Hispanics being classified as non-white???

Old 06-22-2019, 11:51 AM

628 posts, read 663,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Your post demonstrates a proud racist philosophy.

There's no stopping the natural shifting of demographics.

Best plan is to figure out a way to deal with the reality.
Its racist that I want a homeland for me and my people? America has served as a home for white Europeans for four hundred years. Why now does it have to change? Because you say so? Because a bunch of liberals signed an immigration act in 1965 and lied to the people (that is the "natural" shift in demographics that you mention - a lie told to white America)?

What was so wrong with white America? Seems to me like it did a lot of good for the world. White America cured many diseases and made many advances. Most likely its accomplishments are more so than any other society. Why does it have to change? Should we change Mexico? Nigeria? If Mexico became 50% white would you be happy with that? or are whites the only ones who have to live with "diversity'?

Old 06-22-2019, 12:36 PM

23,988 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
texas has been heavily Hispanic for decades. Mexican influences abound and are a major part of the texas culture. we all get along great, European and Mexican American texas residents, and have since i can remember. In fact, one of my earliest memories in childhood was attending a cinco de mayo block party with neighbors.
My BFF lived in the valley for 60 years. The school buses used to pull up at the bridge to pick up kids from Mexico and take them to school.

I don't know anybody in distress due to the Texas culture.

BTW. our monthly block party game night is tonight.

There will be families from Lebanon, 2nd generation Chinese, Japanese, a family from Puerto Rico, one from Viet Nam, one AA, 2 plain ol WASP, and IDK the others. Some whose names I cannot pronounce. Too many Mexicans to count. We will have dinner and a good time. The only reason to even ask where anybody is from is because of the covered dishes we all enjoy.

Houston is more international than NYC. When DD started teaching years ago, there were 85 languages spoken at her high school.

Old 06-22-2019, 12:37 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,414,997 times
Quote:
at this point if you are a white person voting democrat, you are voting for suicide. Mexicans in Texas will vote for Mexican politicians the same way Somalians in Minnesota vote exclusively for muslim politicians. Laws like affirmitive action will grow and the new norm will be equality of outcome, not equality of opportunity. Every racial group is tribal and proud to be so, everyone except for whites. Its sad that the race who accomplished the most, is so eager to give it all away.
Why would I care about race?

I'm white and vote Democrat because the GOP doesn't even accept basic facts about the world anymore.

You clearly see your white identity as a profound importance that should be central to any political question you were to consider.

I don't understand that worldview.

And no, every race is not tribal. Trump got something like 40% of the hispanic vote.

Old 06-22-2019, 12:43 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,953,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Not so with the millions of Hispanics here and so many of them here illegally. They are from one cultural and linguistic group. They don't care to assimilate they are adamant about their language and culture and they don't keep it at home it's in your face 24/7 out in mainstream. There is no comparison to the immigrants of old.
Hispanic/Latino culture is NOT all the same from one ethnicity to another. Mexican, Cuban, Puerto Rican, Chilean, etc., culture is all different from each other. The music is different, the food is different, even the language is not completely the same, especially when you are talking slang.

And if you think that everyone who came here before gave up their language and culture as soon as they stepped off the boat, you are sadly mistaken. Some did, some didn't.

Old 06-22-2019, 12:46 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Texas and California are the two largest contributors to GDP in the USA.

They also have the highest number of illegal immigrants.

Coincidence?
Has to be due the vastly higher GDP of CA. and the poor showing of Florida (has 800K or so, so in the top 5).......

Let's face it, in ALL these areas the immigrants (both legal and illegal) are used for Ag, tourism, hospitality, construction and meatpacking (more in TX in that case), etc.

In CA. they make at least 50% more in wages...in Florida the same or less.

But they are "serving" the legal residents and corporations - a labor force which most of the legal folks simply don't want to populate (cue up some rightie telling us that Americans are lining up for meatpacking, berry picking and even sheathing new houses and doing re-roofs in the tropics).

Old 06-22-2019, 12:50 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,596,304 times
Quote:
Its racist that I want a homeland for me and my people? America has served as a home for white Europeans for four hundred years. Why now does it have to change? Because you say so? Because a bunch of liberals signed an immigration act in 1965 and lied to the people (that is the "natural" shift in demographics that you mention - a lie told to white America)?

What was so wrong with white America? Seems to me like it did a lot of good for the world. White America cured many diseases and made many advances. Most likely its accomplishments are more so than any other society. Why does it have to change? Should we change Mexico? Nigeria? If Mexico became 50% white would you be happy with that? or are whites the only ones who have to live with "diversity'?
I wonder how you feel about the genocide white people did on the original owners of the USA, the First Nations?

You OK with that? Are you?

Old 06-22-2019, 12:50 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,953,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Last time I checked, Hispanics come from various countries and cultures in Central America, the Caribbean and South America. What are you talking about?
That poster is a typical white boy/girl with no flipping clue. Can't handle stepping out of their narrowly-defined cultural existence. I feel sorry for people like that. They have no idea what they are missing. Two best trips I ever took were to Puerto Rico, and being the only gringa everywhere I went.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies