Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2019, 01:18 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,935,344 times

Advertisements

Just give it back to Mexico. We don't want it.

Old 06-22-2019, 07:19 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Yes and we can stand on our own and be our own country ... Independent as the day is long.
I don’t know about that, but I wouldn’t mind you guys leaving. I’ll even throw in Oklahoma, Arkansas and Mississippi for the trouble.

Take Trump with you while you’re at it.

Old 06-22-2019, 07:38 AM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
The article on which the OP was based doesn't even mention illegal arrivals. It is about the racial demographics of Texas. So no, I'm not going to "factor in" anything. As far as the premise of the article, which is about the changing demographics, I don't see a problem. Texas has always been completely infused with Hispanic culture and Hispanic peoples, and it is doing great.
Well, it would be dishonest not to factor in the fact that there are millions of illegal alien Hispanics and their anchor babies in Texas that have increased the demographics of that group. They are a problem! Of course these PC articles aren't going to mention the illegal alien population in Texas. Texas had been a majority white state for a very long time. Hispanics had been the minorities in Texas until recent years with the influx of so many there illegally. The same thing has happened to California.

Old 06-22-2019, 07:43 AM

4,512 posts, read 1,864,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
If the Democrats are able to flip Texas, then all is lost. The Democrats will be able to institute their dreams. Get ready for the confiscation of land, the nationalization of industries and the excessive taxation of real work.
This will happen in my lifetime. Scary stuff...

Old 06-22-2019, 07:44 AM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 3 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,601,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Mexico will eventually conquer Texas without firing a shot. You have to give the devil his due a brilliant long term strategy by the Raza Unida Party crowd.

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/06...ite-residents/
Let's see - The Mexican government and leaders in business met behind closed doors in barely-lit rooms, came up with a strategy to get illegal immigrants into the USA, over all these generations, and the CIA hasn't come up with a hint of evidence for such a thing? Or maybe YOU have privileged access to ultra-hyper-top secret documents or foreign intelligence? Hmmm, that smells suspiciously like the old 19th century rumors of Catholics are trying to take over American and have our government take orders from The Vatican. Not to mention rumors about certain other groups plotting to do the same.

Really? REALLY? or to be more accurate about my sentiments.

Eh, Northern European Protestants are still alive and well-functioning. Italians, Poles, E. Europeans, and Jews get along just fine with us. Hell, we even marry each others daughters. And the USA is stronger now than it was back before those groups arrive.

The USA will be just fine - if certain people stop entertaining sensationalist notions popping up in their hindbrain. Pro Tip: The truth-value of an idea is NOT based on how sensationally scary it sounds.

Old 06-22-2019, 07:47 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,446,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I'd be willing to bet that a good many of these Hispanics moving to Texas are illegal aliens or the offspring of illegal aliens. The same thing is happening all over the southwest and is spreading everywhere else. With the continued influx of illegal alien Hispanics they will never fully assimilate. They are adamant about speaking Spanish everywhere even if they know how to speak English. We will become culturally Hispanic if this doesn't stop.
Is that such a bad thing? People have been coming to America since the 15th century, correct me if I'm wrong.
Countries change, people change. Get used to it.

Old 06-22-2019, 07:50 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,450,383 times
What are the chances that Hispanics will not vote they way leftists think they will? Once leftists start attacking their religious beliefs and their family unit, how long before leftists start disparaging Hispanics writ large? I'll wait and see. Once people understand that the left demands ideological purity, the tide will turn and a lot of eyes will be opened.

Old 06-22-2019, 07:50 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,596,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Just give it back to Mexico. We don't want it.

Texas and California are the two largest contributors to GDP in the USA.

They also have the highest number of illegal immigrants.

Coincidence?

Old 06-22-2019, 07:54 AM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
Let's see - The Mexican government and leaders in business met behind closed doors in barely-lit rooms, came up with a strategy to get illegal immigrants into the USA, over all these generations, and the CIA hasn't come up with a hint of evidence for such a thing? Or maybe YOU have privileged access to ultra-hyper-top secret documents or foreign intelligence? Hmmm, that smells suspiciously like the old 19th century rumors of Catholics are trying to take over American and have our government take orders from The Vatican. Not to mention rumors about certain other groups plotting to do the same.

Really? REALLY? or to be more accurate about my sentiments.

Eh, Northern European Protestants are still alive and well-functioning. Italians, Poles, E. Europeans, and Jews get along just fine with us. Hell, we even marry each others daughters. And the USA is stronger now than it was back before those groups arrive.

The USA will be just fine - if certain people stop entertaining sensationalist notions popping up in their hindbrain. Pro Tip: The truth-value of an idea is NOT based on how sensationally scary it sounds.
Well, we will never no what goes on beyond closed doors. It's the easy way for Mexico to reclaim lands that were once theirs and it's also the cowards way by fighting with babies rather than bullets vial illegal immigration. I'm not saying that the Mexican government itself has such a nefarious plan but there is a faction of Mexican activists called the Reconquistas that certainly want that to happen.

Catholics as a group weren't illegal aliens so try something else to make your case. That isn't working. No one has a problem that I know of with Hispanics here legally it's the illegal kind that we object to altering our demographics and rightly so! The same thing is happening all over the southwest.

Old 06-22-2019, 07:58 AM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 3 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,601,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
If the Democrats are able to flip Texas, then all is lost. The Democrats will be able to institute their dreams. Get ready for the confiscation of land, the nationalization of industries and the excessive taxation of real work.
I take "confiscation of land" to mean "seize ownership of all privately owned lands, turn them over to the government, then have all the crops and livestock government owned". Did I read you right? If that's so true, then why haven't the state governments of New York, California, and Massachusetts already? Same for every other Democrat-leaning state.

Same question goes for forcing shareholders and CEOs to sell any assets in their states to the state government.

This part is just echoes of Cold War paranoia about communist infiltrators in our government. The 1950s are over - long over. Hell, the USSR collapsed almost 30 years ago.

Excessive taxation? Lots of other capitalist countries in the world have higher taxes than we do, especially on the wealthy. At least they get something in return for it: Low out-of-pocket (if at all) health care, free education for at least the first two years of university, just to name two things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies