Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2019, 06:48 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Maybe they'll even stop being rude and speak English in public. What a novel idea, right?
How about you stop being nosy as hell? Unless they are speaking to you, it doesn’t concern you.

Nothing novel about minding your own business either. That’s a basic lesson most well-raised individuals learned during childhood.

Old 06-23-2019, 07:13 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,596,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
...but, alas, no longer.
I have seen not peer reviewed study which would say that. Do you have any citations?

Old 06-23-2019, 07:38 PM

12,040 posts, read 6,572,819 times
Texas is lost already —democrats at UT Austin have threatened to dox any students that join conservative or Republican clubs.
https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2019/...campus-groups/

Old 06-23-2019, 07:45 PM

2,486 posts, read 825,342 times
?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Mexico will eventually conquer Texas without firing a shot. You have to give the devil his due a brilliant long term strategy by the Raza Unida Party crowd.

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/06...ite-residents/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
Are we having a going away party? I'll bring the guacamole. Where are they going?

And please, tell us you're not racist when you call hispanics "the devil".
There's that habitual conflation reflex again. "Giving the devil his due" is a saying. Even using such a myopic view of what was said, the good bad ugly called Raza Unida devils, which they are:

https://latinoprisongangs.blogspot.c...aza-unida.html

Do you think MS13 are just misunderstood angels?

I'm part Hispanic and I agree with what was said. Cesar Chavez and Dolores Huerta called them "wets" and created what they called a "wet line" at the border to beat the snot out of any Mexican daring to come across illegally. WOW, such RACISTS!

I'll be moving to Texas myself, so I guess I'll be balancing out at least one illegal. Just doing my part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
How about you stop being nosy as hell? Unless they are speaking to you, it doesn’t concern you.

Nothing novel about minding your own business either. That’s a basic lesson most well-raised individuals learned during childhood.
Says a person living in the Carribean. You're being nosy in politics which do not concern you. Move to Texas (legally) and then you may speak.

Last edited by Originalist; 06-23-2019 at 07:57 PM..

Old 06-23-2019, 08:22 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,598,983 times
Default Six Flags over Texas ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cska View Post
Texas used to belong to Mexico before we the white men took it away from them. Hispanics have every right to immigrate to Texas; this land used to belong to them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
No, it didn't. It was empty, and it was merely claimed by Mexico. Moreover, even if Mexico used to own it that would be entirely irrelevant to whether Mexicans have a right to immigrate. NO ONE EVER has a right to immigrate anywhere.
If you read other people's posts I would not have to do a repeat, but you didn't so here you go. Cska, is right.
9 Things You May Not Know About Texas

2. Six flags have flown over Texas.
"Native Americans have lived in Texas for thousands of years, but it did not become part of a country in the modern sense until Spanish explorers arrived in 1519. The Spanish then essentially ignored it until the 1680s, when the French established an outpost near Matagorda Bay. “That galvanized the Spaniards, [who said], ‘There might not be anything there, but damned if we’re going to let the French have it,’” McCaslin said. Although Mexico’s war of independence pushed out Spain in 1821, Texas did not remain a Mexican possession for long. It became its own country, called the Republic of Texas, from 1836 until it agreed to join the United States in 1845. Sixteen years later, it seceded along with 10 other states to form the Confederacy. The Civil War forced it back into the Union, where it has stayed ever since. The various flags that have flown over Texas—those of Spain, France, Mexico, the Republic of Texas, the United States and the Confederacy—inspired the name of the Six Flags amusement park chain, which originated in Texas in 1961."

Immigration, there has to be a law, before it is deemed illegal.

U.S. Immigration Before 1965
"The United States experienced major waves of immigration during the colonial era, the first part of the 19th century and from the 1880s to 1920. Many immigrants came to America seeking greater economic opportunity, while some, such as the Pilgrims in the early 1600s, arrived in search of religious freedom. From the 17th to 19th centuries, hundreds of thousands of African slaves came to America against their will. The first significant federal legislation restricting immigration was the 1882 Chinese Exclusion Act. Individual states regulated immigration prior to the 1892 opening of Ellis Island, the country’s first federal immigration station. New laws in 1965 ended the quota system that favored European immigrants, and today, the majority of the country’s immigrants hail from Asia and Latin America."
Quote:
NO ONE EVER has a right to immigrate anywhere.
Since no one ever .... when are you leaving for your ancestors home country? Or are you a mutt with more than one bloodline from various countries? That would make it tough to decide what country to move to. Just saying and seriously concerned about the public government Education in the u.s.

Old 06-23-2019, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Texas is lost already —democrats at UT Austin have threatened to dox any students that join conservative or Republican clubs.
You should start realizing that if it's a Breitbart link, many, including me, will never look at it. Go find a legitimate source.

Old 06-23-2019, 08:36 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,598,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
You should start realizing that if it's a Breitbart link, many, including me, will never look at it. Go find a legitimate source.
I was curious ...

Incoming Texas freshmen threatened with doxxing if they join conservative campus groups

Anarchist group at UT Austin threatens to dox incoming freshmen if they join conservative campus clubs

not much at that link ^

Old 06-23-2019, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Nope, not credible either. It's funded by [url]https://www.leadershipinstitute.org/

Nope, doesn't pass the smell test either. Clearly partisan.

Old 07-06-2019, 07:53 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Funny little thing about Texas. Texas has one of the lowest voter participation rates in the nation. If more people voted, the Republican Party would get fewer votes in Texas. Maybe the GOP should ask itself how it can get more African-Americans and Hispanics to vote for them. And if the only retort you can come up with is "free stuff", then you're part of the problem.

Old 07-06-2019, 08:23 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,763,707 times
Is that why Beto is sneaking Spanish?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies