Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What say you?
Treason 45 31.69%
Obstruction 71 50.00%
Acceptable 25 17.61%
Not sure 1 0.70%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2019, 10:48 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,616,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Opioids were problemous for sometime before that as were doctors whom were pill pushers giving questionable scripts and amounts. This wasn't anything new in 2012. I'm sure you came across people who knew who were the Doctor Feelgood in your area. The pushback was on these doctors, not big Pharma. Big pharma reacted by asking pharmacies to set limits on how many you get, partially because smaller bottles mean higher prices per pill. Can't tell me they didn't benefit that way.

What did happen is this did kick it towards the drug cartels but not out of the DEA partnering with them. What cartels benefited from was that big pharmacy got people hooked on opioids but they cut off supply following the law to protect the public. This isn't some conspiracy but rather a cause-effect. I honestly don't know why big pharmacy don't just dump opioids and go to a different painkiller. What opioids do has been known long before the Doctor Feelgoods were a thing.

To say the DEA did help the cartels isn't that wrong but they didn't do it because they are in cahoots with them.
The pharma companies were making BIG money when opioids were flying off the shelves though, it was in their best interest if doctors wrote tons of scripts for them, it doesnt make sense, they would set limits on themselves, that would negatively effect their sales of these popular drugs.

Normally, when a product is popular and selling well, the companies try to make them as easy to obtain as possible.

Ive spoken to a handful of doctors in my area, its the DEA that has them scared to give out opioid scripts anymore, its why my doctor has a big sign in the lobby, 'THIS OFFICE WILL NOT PRESCRIBE ANY NARCOTIC MEDICINES TO ANYONE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies