Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What say you?
Treason 45 31.69%
Obstruction 71 50.00%
Acceptable 25 17.61%
Not sure 1 0.70%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2019, 12:44 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,616,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Any proof that the Drug Enforcement Agency actually helps the cartels? If they do, then also go after the politicians that put prohibitions on drugs as well. When exactly has the DEA gone after big pharma? If anything big pharma with all the opioids helped this more than the DEA. Sounds like you bought into some shoddy conspiracy theory there rstevens.
2012 was the year DEA enacted the tough new laws on prescription opioids, they targeted pill mills, doctors who wrote too many scripts, etc. I personally watched the DEA raid a local pain clinic and shut it down around that time.

I was an addict back then, and was using painkillers daily, I knew many other addicts that went to that same pain clinic....whats interesting though, after DEA shut that place and others like it down, all the former pill addicts moved on to using heroin (because it became too hard and expensive to obtain prescription opioids at that point)....Here is where the collusion/aiding and abetting comes into play...

DEA essentially shut down heroins competition (painkillers), addicts could no longer get their fix from ER docs, or pill mills, they were 'pushed' towards heroin (cartel supplied heroin to be precise).

Besides that, dont you think its kind of strange, the big and powerful pharma industry, (who was making a killing off the soaring opioid sales), seems to just allow the DEA to come in and throw a wrench into all that, creating laws that would result in MUCH fewer opioids being given out and sold? What industry doesnt challenge and fight new laws that would negatively impact some of its best selling products?!!

I see the proof all the time around here, instead of painkiller epidemics...we now have heroin epidemics, (the only thing that changed is which 'entity' is raking all the money in...Before the 2012 laws, it was the pharma giants, and their opioids...today, its the drug cartels, since they are the supplier of heroin to the US)

Of course, I do not have to go into detail about how this change benefited the DEA and other US law enforcement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2019, 12:54 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,354,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Like the sheriffs who have indeed been getting praise for ignoring state gun laws?
Which sheriff has ignored state gun laws?

Old 07-16-2019, 02:37 AM

7,709 posts, read 5,463,558 times
Default Trump says ICE raids to start Sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
It’s following the law.

Immigration enforcement is the job of the feds. Local authorities are not given budget nor power to deal with it.

It becomes an issue only when they start actively warning them of ICE raids and such.
They? You mean Trump. Trump, the consumate huckster and scare-monger, is the one who warned when ICE raids were to start.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/immigration/trump-says-ice-raids-to-start-sunday-emphasizing-purge-of-criminal-immigrants/2019/07/12/b063e87c-a4b5-11e9-bd56-eac6bb02d01d_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.68 40f182e181

I agree with Senator Klobuchar, who said: "Deportation raids are about distracting from issues" and "Trump wants this Chaos." " The Trump Administration announced Immigration and Customs Enforcement deportation raids in order to "make news" and scare the public.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/depo...ry?id=64295516

Old 07-16-2019, 09:35 AM

17,311 posts, read 12,267,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Which sheriff has ignored state gun laws?
12 county sheriffs in WA state have pledged not to enforce I-1639. People are actually calling it 2nd amendment sanctuary counties.

Old 07-16-2019, 10:35 AM

59,138 posts, read 27,349,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
From what I've seen of it...

The attorney general has instructed state law enforcement to not work with the Feds.

Nothing against the law there. That's not aiding and abetting.

Nothing you posted pertains to this attorney generals direction for state law enforcement.
You have a reading comprehension problem.

Old 07-16-2019, 03:58 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,916,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
2012 was the year DEA enacted the tough new laws on prescription opioids, they targeted pill mills, doctors who wrote too many scripts, etc. I personally watched the DEA raid a local pain clinic and shut it down around that time.

I was an addict back then, and was using painkillers daily, I knew many other addicts that went to that same pain clinic....whats interesting though, after DEA shut that place and others like it down, all the former pill addicts moved on to using heroin (because it became too hard and expensive to obtain prescription opioids at that point)....Here is where the collusion/aiding and abetting comes into play...

DEA essentially shut down heroins competition (painkillers), addicts could no longer get their fix from ER docs, or pill mills, they were 'pushed' towards heroin (cartel supplied heroin to be precise).

Besides that, dont you think its kind of strange, the big and powerful pharma industry, (who was making a killing off the soaring opioid sales), seems to just allow the DEA to come in and throw a wrench into all that, creating laws that would result in MUCH fewer opioids being given out and sold? What industry doesnt challenge and fight new laws that would negatively impact some of its best selling products?!!

I see the proof all the time around here, instead of painkiller epidemics...we now have heroin epidemics, (the only thing that changed is which 'entity' is raking all the money in...Before the 2012 laws, it was the pharma giants, and their opioids...today, its the drug cartels, since they are the supplier of heroin to the US)

Of course, I do not have to go into detail about how this change benefited the DEA and other US law enforcement.
Opioids were problemous for sometime before that as were doctors whom were pill pushers giving questionable scripts and amounts. This wasn't anything new in 2012. I'm sure you came across people who knew who were the Doctor Feelgood in your area. The pushback was on these doctors, not big Pharma. Big pharma reacted by asking pharmacies to set limits on how many you get, partially because smaller bottles mean higher prices per pill. Can't tell me they didn't benefit that way.

What did happen is this did kick it towards the drug cartels but not out of the DEA partnering with them. What cartels benefited from was that big pharmacy got people hooked on opioids but they cut off supply following the law to protect the public. This isn't some conspiracy but rather a cause-effect. I honestly don't know why big pharmacy don't just dump opioids and go to a different painkiller. What opioids do has been known long before the Doctor Feelgoods were a thing.

To say the DEA did help the cartels isn't that wrong but they didn't do it because they are in cahoots with them.

Old 07-16-2019, 08:39 PM

5,296 posts, read 5,247,261 times
I agree w/ cities doing this...and I'd go further and warn the local immigrant communities of any impending ICE raid. ICE simply needs to be abolished.

Old 07-16-2019, 08:45 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
This is going on in liberal areas and in NJ. Our AG told county sheriffs and local law enforcement not to work with ICE. Is this treason? Obstruction of justice? Or is it acceptable?
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

The Republican Form of Government, instituted by the Declaration of Independence, wherein the American people are "sovereigns without subjects," and the president is merely the highest ranking public SERVANT, one step down in status from the lowest American sovereign.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/supremec...CR_0002_0419_Z

Old 07-16-2019, 09:06 PM

62,999 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
I agree w/ cities doing this...and I'd go further and warn the local immigrant communities of any impending ICE raid. ICE simply needs to be abolished.
Why would you do that? They aren't "immigrant" communities they are law breaking illegal alien communities that have no right to be in this country.

Old 07-16-2019, 09:23 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,288,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
Why would you not want perpetual fugitives removed from the country? Unless of course...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies