Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2019, 12:47 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,628,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
In this article, James Smith, the neighbor, states he "knew she was at home with her nephew".

The story just gets stranger.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fo...jw6u30EabSoEIc
I'm reading this to mean he knew she was home alone with her nephew and wondered why the door was open at that hour.....as though he was afraid someone had broken in.

What's the criteria for becoming a cop in TX? Being able to shoot to kill?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2019, 12:48 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Doubt it. That is, if this is real at all. I'm starting to think this, as well as the Guyger case, are all BS. Fake, false flags so the powers that be can use it to strip Americans more of their second amendment. They are right now attacking the hell out of Texas because of it's love for guns and defending yourself. I also think the El Paso shooting was also staged.

Courtesy of The Kinks, circa 1980 or so.

Old 10-13-2019, 12:51 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,447,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
I would mention as well--and maybe cops are never taught this in their training--but the average person, not being a criminal, is going to be flustered when suddenly yelled at in a normal, relaxed situation.

If the average person is sitting on his sofa and suddenly the police burst through the door with "hands up!" that person is going to be surprised and flustered and his brain won't even process the "hands up!" He's likely to leap up and make any range of unthinking movements before it ever registers that he's been targeted by a police officer as a threat.

The only people who will automatically respond properly to a sudden "hands up" are people who are accustomed to being arrested.
Right......and putting aside the fact he didn't identify himself as a cop, he didn't give her time to raise her hands even if she had immediately registered what he was telling her. The report I watched said there were three seconds between him telling her to put her hands up and shooting.

Old 10-13-2019, 01:06 PM

10,770 posts, read 5,687,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Body cam shows that he never announced him self as a cop."

Body cam shows that he DID announce him self as a cop.

To speculate WITHOUT the fact is.......!
It doesn’t matter. Cop was still wrong to shoot the woman.

Old 10-13-2019, 01:10 PM

10,770 posts, read 5,687,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Not the best example. This woman might be still alive had she not had a gun.
She would certainly be alive if the cop chose not to shoot a woman in her home.

Old 10-13-2019, 01:13 PM

7,144 posts, read 4,557,147 times
The cop should have knocked at the front door. Why is he sneaking around the house in the dark? More lives ruined even if he goes to prison.

Old 10-13-2019, 01:23 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,399,515 times
texas test for police officers

1) Have you ever shot someone?
2) Do you want to?

Old 10-13-2019, 01:29 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,994,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
The cop should have knocked at the front door. Why is he sneaking around the house in the dark? More lives ruined even if he goes to prison.
I'm also curious about the identity of the person near the wooden fence.

Who was that? What was going on there?

Old 10-13-2019, 01:39 PM

15,535 posts, read 10,512,774 times
None of my business, but why was she playing video games with her eight year old nephew at 2 a.m.?

Old 10-13-2019, 01:41 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,994,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
None of my business, but why was she playing video games with her eight year old nephew at 2 a.m.?
I thought about that too. It's a long holiday weekend and this was Saturday early morning . . . so.

But I agree, this isn't what mainstream families do. She's the aunt, not the mother also. So she may have a completely different standard of care.

Mark Klaas, whose daughter was a victim of kidnapping and has gone on to advocate for victim families, said often when a tragedy occurs the "snapshot" of the family directly preceding the event looks "odd", although they were innocent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies