Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2019, 08:20 AM

2,801 posts, read 3,861,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAndrewJackson View Post
And suddenly the police are inundated with calls to check on mother-in-laws.
That was funny. Gave me a good chuckle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2019, 08:21 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
We’re not getting the entire story. I doubt she was sitting there playing a video game while a cop shot her. There has to be more to it we’re not hearing about.
The whole story, at least what’s known thus far, seems worse.

Neighbor reported an open door. Police arrived and checked out the exterior of the house. Officer saw the woman through a window and ordered her to put her hands up. He/ she did not ID themselves as LE. Then the officer shot.

Fort Worth has not released the full unedited video.

https://fox6now.com/2019/10/12/woman...-her-own-home/

It is unknown what, if anything, the woman did that prompted the officer to shoot.

Old 10-13-2019, 08:22 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,784,113 times
I know you people are so very well versed in gun law so what would your opinion be, if he shot and missed and she returned fire and killed the cop?

Old 10-13-2019, 08:23 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,403,449 times
With the freq. of this happening to Black people, I don't doubt there are a lot of bad cops and many of them might be racist. However, I think until some none-Dallas police force investigates her death, I think it is perhaps too early to conclude that it was motivated by race. Feel free to think it was but be open to the idea there is the small chance it wasn't or vice versa! These points are kind of pointless for me to put in a lot of Twitter threads since various people in said threads might do the "You are White supremacist apologist"-type or similar responses!

Old 10-13-2019, 08:24 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,510,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
I love to watch righties dance on the head of a pin. She had a gun in her home, so it’s ok the cop shot her?
Whoever said it was OK? It was a tragedy, but the cop thought he saw a gun (and they did find one on the floor - not merely in the house), and out of the millions of encounters, there are bound to be a few split-second decisions that went the wrong way.

It's like liberals ignore all the life-saving work that cops do every day, putting their own lives at danger on a daily basis, and when that rare instance comes up when a cop made the wrong decision, it's all about demonizing police and making them out as racists. I wonder if there would be the same reaction if the victim were white.

Old 10-13-2019, 08:24 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,255,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Did you know when Obama was elected 67% of Americans thought race relations in the US were good?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38536668

Less than 10 years and 2 terms later, about the same amount thought it was terrible (69%). Obama walked into an atmosphere that was fantastic to continue to build on reducing the race divide even further. Yet he walked out with all that good will destroyed.

Ask yourself why...

Obama was the great divider. He had an opportunity to lift up "his people" by example. If you are smart and work hard you too could be President but no. Instead of demanding more he allowed minorities to pass the blame for their lack of intelligence, their lack of upward mobility in life and work squarely at the feet of the evil rich white man. We are at a point today where someone can act out violently and it is accepted that it is not their fault. There is no such thing as personal responsibility these days.

The why is that democrats like to place people into categories and practice their identity politics on them.
How can someone feel like a victim if they are not told they are one?

That poor young woman that was killed by the Police was a victim of a terrible scene but just because she is black does not automatically put a target on her back for a Police bullet but the Left certainly promotes it like that.

Old 10-13-2019, 08:27 AM

8,343 posts, read 2,969,036 times
Quote:
I love to watch righties dance on the head of a pin. She had a gun in her home, so it’s ok the cop shot her?
What righties said it was ok?

Old 10-13-2019, 08:29 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,658,528 times
Quote:
I know you people are so very well versed in gun law so what would your opinion be, if he shot and missed and she returned fire and killed the cop?
Justified self defence.

Old 10-13-2019, 08:31 AM

10,770 posts, read 5,683,884 times
Armed men going to a residence at night, prowling around outside, and shining lights in windows? It's amazing that more of them don't get shot.

There is a serious problem with policing in America.

Old 10-13-2019, 08:31 AM

8,343 posts, read 2,969,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Let us know when you get those additional facts that paint a much different picture......
Why don’t you go look for it and let me know. I’m busy watching a movie with my coffee this morning. What idiot would think she was simply playing video games while being shot. Btw, I have a slightly used Boeing 747 for sale if you’re interested. I take PayPal.

Just added: I just watched the video and read the latest story on it. There was more to it than her simply playing a video game while being shot. There you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies