Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2020, 06:47 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
That is the problem. Anti gun people have no clue , nor want to understand why, these laws are anything but common sense. The fact you use the term "gun nut" pretty much tells me all I need to know about you.
Right, like my gun nut friend who posts a meme on FB saying the size of the hole a .223 makes is about .4 inches max.....and then is surprised when I post a photo of ballistics gel showing cavities 8 inches long and up to 4 inches across.

A gun nut is someone who lies out their teeth in an attempt to fool people who don't know things.

If someone really wants to know what a decent killing bullet does talk to the surgeons who operated on the Las Vegas crowd. You can't get better first hand information than that.

I can assure the readers here that it was not tiny holes through the innocents that killed and horribly mutilated them.

Basic common sense - the DC killers used a .223 and one shot....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2020, 06:57 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
Yes, they really are coming for your guns. Not even trying to hide it!

Old 01-16-2020, 06:58 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Since he’s concerned about Charlottesville, weren’t cars the problem there?
Idiot runs someone over with a car. Liberal response: “We need to take away their guns!”

Old 01-16-2020, 07:10 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Because ? Something happened-
some people did something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I keep warning the gun nuts that if they don't bring common sense gun control measures to the table, circumstances will eventually dictate extreme gun control measures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
"I kept calling people names and they wouldn't listen to what I had to say"
lmao! exactly.

Old 01-16-2020, 07:23 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,559,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post

Deer must have a much stronger body than humans...

https://i.imgur.com/80ojMbR.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/80ojMbR.jpg
In fairness, the hole on the other side would be larger and the wound cavity would be larger because the rounds tend to tumble...... but hunting deer with a .223 AR is illegal in many states because those states deem there's not enough stopping power to ethically take down a deer with such a tiny caliber. It's the reason I have one of my AR's in .25-45

Old 01-16-2020, 07:24 AM

29,503 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Right, like my gun nut friend who posts a meme on FB saying the size of the hole a .223 makes is about .4 inches max.....and then is surprised when I post a photo of ballistics gel showing cavities 8 inches long and up to 4 inches across.

A gun nut is someone who lies out their teeth in an attempt to fool people who don't know things.

If someone really wants to know what a decent killing bullet does talk to the surgeons who operated on the Las Vegas crowd. You can't get better first hand information than that.

I can assure the readers here that it was not tiny holes through the innocents that killed and horribly mutilated them.

And what difference does it make what size of a wound a round makes ? Go compare what a 10mm, .44 mag, or .50 S&W does compared to .223 , and those are all handgun rounds.

So what is your issue other than your hatred of firearms ?

Old 01-16-2020, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
In fairness, the hole on the other side would be larger and the wound cavity would be larger because the rounds tend to tumble...... but hunting deer with a .223 AR is illegal in many states because those states deem there's not enough stopping power to ethically take down a deer with such a tiny caliber. It's the reason I have one of my AR's in .25-45
True, but that isn't what the poster was talking about. At least from what I understood.

Here is a better representation then.

https://youtu.be/_tzkFjwj11U

Old 01-16-2020, 07:42 AM

50,316 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:

Unless you hit a bone with a high powered rifle OR using a really soft tipped hunting round a bullet just punches a hole. Then you die because you cannot breathe with deflated lungs. This is the equivalent of being hit with a target arrow. Now, all of that changes when something solid is hit. All of that energy is then transferred to the object.

Simple physics and no need for the drama.

Old 01-16-2020, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Unless you hit a bone with a high powered rifle OR using a really soft tipped hunting round a bullet just punches a hole. Then you die because you cannot breathe with deflated lungs. This is the equivalent of being hit with a target arrow. Now, all of that changes when something solid is hit. All of that energy is then transferred to the object.

Simple physics and no need for the drama.
You said what I meant to, but much better.

Old 01-16-2020, 08:23 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,979,187 times
Quote:

So then by your own definition there are TONS of "gun nuts" who are also anti-gun. The lies and misinformation from that side is really bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies