Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2020, 12:42 PM

29,444 posts, read 14,628,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
First of all, most gun owners and groups that protect the 2A are far from liars, since the facts are on our side.
So claiming they lie to fool people sounds like projection, as it is the anti-gun types who engage is such. They are also the most uninformed not knowing the difference between magazines vs. "clips", or suppressors vs. "silencers" to name just two.
Yet despite this ignorance on the subject, they still feel compelled to give their uninformed and inaccurate opinions on what they think is reality.

Maybe you need to watch this video and then learn more about ballistics;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaZEvb3PWNQ

Keep in mind that a tiny bullet can kill someone, but that is not the point. The far more lethal calibers are not being targeted by the anti-2A types (yet), nor are the most common guns (i.e. handguns) that kill the most people.

Why?

Simple
Because your side of the ideological divide knows from decades of experience, that the majority of Americans are against most of what you represent when it comes to firearms.

Back in the 70's-80's the push to ban handguns was all the rage, but it failed miserably.
Remember Handgun Control Inc (HCI)?
They rebranded because the name (which was accurate to their cause) failed miserably, yet those same people are still advocating for gun control, just a different type.
Back then people were driving around with long guns in the back of their pickup trucks windows, and no national campaigned was attempted to stop them.
But now all of a sudden they have the big bad rifles in their sights (pun intended).

Now the anti-2A groups know they are more likely to succeed going after rifles, because not as many people own them, and they can sensationalize the tragic mass shootings as a means of trying to ban them. Remember from a statistical perspective, mass shootings (while having increased in recent years) represent a small fraction of people being killed by guns annually.
That does not stop your side from trying to exploit the emotions of people when they are raw.
Yet the proposals the Democrats come up with would not have stopped the tragedy they were trying to exploit.
Talk about dishonesty, how can you get more dishonest than that?
It would be akin to me saying I want to reduce car deaths after a huge wreck by adjusting the octane in gasoline. That certainly would not have made any difference in stopping the tragic car wreck, but it is a way to act as if "we are doing something".

`
Well stated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2020, 12:45 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,666,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
The FBI has made arrests prior to the gun rally of some white supremacist criminals. Sure--peaceful second amendment rally. Ironically, they were charged with "harboring illegal aliens" who came in and were picked up by the hate group on their way to make trouble with their automatic weapons.

You have to admit it is pretty funny that violent white supremacists are smuggling illegal aliens into the country, on their way to disrupt a 'peaceful rally.'
Must just be coincidence that Nazis wanting to start a Race War were planning to attend. The rest must all be good people.

Good move by the LE and Gov. of VA. to attempt to nip violence in the bud. People can peacefully protest but the safety of the innocents and the politicians and the Capital Police, etc. matters more for this time period.

That's what human decisions are all about.

Old 01-16-2020, 12:48 PM

19,717 posts, read 10,112,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Lot of words, but explain how it is "projection" when a Vet (who knows guns) posts a pic of an AR-I5 hole in a piece of steel (or similar) and says this is what it does...and said post says anyone who says or thinks otherwise is ignorant?

I'd say that is propaganda. It's like saying an Atomic Bomb isn't very big because the case isn't and if we dropped it on a enclosed stadium it would only make a small hole in the roof. Period.

Believe it or not, educated Americans learn about Kinetic energy and such things in grade or middle school. In the 1960's, when I was a young teen, everyone knew exactly why the M-16 was designed as it was....and virtually no one (or very few) had or wanted one. Yet, of course, there were more hunters then.....

I'm not debating the right to self-defense. I'm simply saying that lying to people by omission purposely is not the proper way to discuss a subject. One could use the same examples on the other "side". When people blindly quote gun deaths without considering purposeful and considered suicides they are "lying" in a sense, although they are often lying from lack of knowledge.

But when an Infantryman posts a tiny hole and says that's what an AR with the good ammo does...that's complete BS, no matter how many words one might want to use to cover up the facts. As I said, results matter. Ask the surgeons. They know better than most anyone else.

Your other points are outside the scope of the debate...that is, handguns and stuff.
Those surgeons are either stupid or liars or both.

Old 01-16-2020, 01:03 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,618,691 times
I find it both anger provoking and disturbing that this rally would draw in Hitler humpers and their ilk. Even more anger provoking and disturbing is this take by some that these types are representative of most firearms rights advocates and owners.

These idiots showing up in even token numbers for a demonstration like this should not be tolerated by event organizers and participants both. The Klan clowns and Hitler humpers need to keep on goose stepping in their basements.

As a firearms owner and user and a staunch 2A advocate I cant abide those cretins. And being associated with them frosts me no end.

I'm totally on board with this rally not involving folks showing up armed. That is playing into the enemies hand. By all means assemble in force. Large, HUGE numbers. Make your voices heard.

And leave your guns at home. Dont give the governor what he wants. A reason to use state force and prove hes right in saying gun owners desire violence. And that we're all racist goose stepping morons.

This isn't about giving the Hitler humpers and other wackaloons a platform and an audience. Nobody with a lick of sense wants to promote a violent confrontation here. That wont do a thing except further the confiscationist agenda.

Old 01-16-2020, 01:05 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,734,455 times
The misconception people are having is the ban on guns which is usually the Capital building itself has been expanded to the fence line of the Capital Square (which is only a few blocks) and not the entire city of Richmond. The state of emergency basically creates a load of OT for the State Police.

Richmond's rally is on a issue that was removed from the docket on 1/13.

https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/leg...e?201+sum+SB16

As to Gov. Northam's executive order, that's this:

https://www.governor.virginia.gov/me...te-Capitol.pdf

Old 01-16-2020, 01:12 PM

18,560 posts, read 7,364,379 times
Quote:
Must just be coincidence that Nazis wanting to start a Race War were planning to attend.
Nice falsehood.

Old 01-16-2020, 01:17 PM

17,614 posts, read 6,898,231 times
Quote:
Must just be coincidence that Nazis wanting to start a Race War were planning to attend. The rest must all be good people.

Good move by the LE and Gov. of VA. to attempt to nip violence in the bud. People can peacefully protest but the safety of the innocents and the politicians and the Capital Police, etc. matters more for this time period.

We finally have a liberal supporting law enforcement. It only took threatened gun confiscation to do it.

Old 01-16-2020, 01:19 PM

17,614 posts, read 6,898,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I find it both anger provoking and disturbing that this rally would draw in Hitler humpers and their ilk. Even more anger provoking and disturbing is this take by some that these types are representative of most firearms rights advocates and owners.

These idiots showing up in even token numbers for a demonstration like this should not be tolerated by event organizers and participants both. The Klan clowns and Hitler humpers need to keep on goose stepping in their basements.

As a firearms owner and user and a staunch 2A advocate I cant abide those cretins. And being associated with them frosts me no end.

I'm totally on board with this rally not involving folks showing up armed. That is playing into the enemies hand. By all means assemble in force. Large, HUGE numbers. Make your voices heard.

And leave your guns at home. Dont give the governor what he wants. A reason to use state force and prove hes right in saying gun owners desire violence. And that we're all racist goose stepping morons.

This isn't about giving the Hitler humpers and other wackaloons a platform and an audience. Nobody with a lick of sense wants to promote a violent confrontation here. That wont do a thing except further the confiscationist agenda.
Unfortunately, I suspect Northam and the left wing lunatics who elected him wouldn't mind a nice bloodbath of unarmed conservatives.

Old 01-16-2020, 01:19 PM

8,955 posts, read 2,554,868 times
Quote:
Lot of words, but explain how it is "projection" when a Vet (who knows guns) posts a pic of an AR-I5 hole in a piece of steel (or similar) and says this is what it does...and said post says anyone who says or thinks otherwise is ignorant?

I'd say that is propaganda. It's like saying an Atomic Bomb isn't very big because the case isn't and if we dropped it on a enclosed stadium it would only make a small hole in the roof. Period.

Believe it or not, educated Americans learn about Kinetic energy and such things in grade or middle school. In the 1960's, when I was a young teen, everyone knew exactly why the M-16 was designed as it was....and virtually no one (or very few) had or wanted one. Yet, of course, there were more hunters then.....

I'm not debating the right to self-defense. I'm simply saying that lying to people by omission purposely is not the proper way to discuss a subject. One could use the same examples on the other "side". When people blindly quote gun deaths without considering purposeful and considered suicides they are "lying" in a sense, although they are often lying from lack of knowledge.

But when an Infantryman posts a tiny hole and says that's what an AR with the good ammo does...that's complete BS, no matter how many words one might want to use to cover up the facts. As I said, results matter. Ask the surgeons. They know better than most anyone else.

Your other points are outside the scope of the debate...that is, handguns and stuff.
The reason the M4, which uses .223 ammo is so good from a military standpoint is because it shoots straight and is capable of killing but very good at wounding the enemy from hundreds of yards away. Wounding the enemy is more valuable than killing the enemy.

Apparently you think a varmint round is some amazing beast of a killer, but that's just not the case. Like I said before, it's not even legal for deer hunting in something like 10 states because they deem it insufficient to ethically take down what is on average 140 lb animal. Obviously you can still do so if you have proper shot placement, but that's not the point. The point is you are playing up a small caliber round as if we're talking about a 50 caliber monster.

Perhaps you are doing this due to ignorance, perhaps malice. I'm not sure, but it's weird.

Old 01-16-2020, 01:20 PM

39,861 posts, read 26,489,397 times
Quote:

Why would Pantifa show up for an event like this? They are good at attacking the elderly and women and children, not so much with a group of grown men around. I think you misjudged the courage of those on the left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies