Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2020, 09:59 AM

8,382 posts, read 4,372,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Yes its different. The fictional entity known as the government cant legitimately own anything, which means it cant make rules prohibiting or restricting others.
I recognize in advance that you'll have a hard time wrapping your state made mind around the concept

Well hell .. in that case ... I'm sending fictional money to pay my fictional taxes. Or maybe I'll use my fictional RV to camp on fictional government land or go to CIA HQ in Langley and tell them to let me in since they don't exist and nothing is real.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2020, 10:16 AM

29,505 posts, read 14,668,503 times
Why isn't Northam and his cronies going at the criminals this hard ? Proof of that, is in one of the proposed bills, he will not agree to mandatory minimum sentences for criminals. Why is that I wonder ?

Old 01-17-2020, 10:25 AM

10,479 posts, read 4,048,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Since he’s concerned about Charlottesville, weren’t cars the problem there?
Well, the liberals have been wanting to get rid of gas controlled vehicles and have all us peasants rely on electric cars, that way the masters can control the cars from a computer in a military base. And well, if they can get rid of the guns, it will be that much easier to enforce their tyranny on the people, and you got morons right here on this forum to show they are so willing to give up their freedoms and rights for some false sense of security.

Old 01-17-2020, 10:31 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
The Democrat Governor is playing politics pandering to the counties that voted Blue (The part of NOVA that sits close to DC). The rest of the state was Red.
This is inaccurate.

Central Virginia and Tidewater are as blue or bluer than Northern Va.

Here are the 10 most liberal places in Virginia for 2019:
Petersburg
Charlottesville
Richmond
Alexandria
Falls Church
Norfolk
Williamsburg
Hampton
Portsmouth
Emporia

https://www.roadsnacks.net/most-libe...s-in-virginia/

Old 01-17-2020, 12:06 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,638,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Yes you did. You said in an earlier post about a small bore rifle making a 6" x 10" hole. You post so many lies you can't even remember all of them.
It was Craigiri who made the 6x10 claim. Easy to mix up all this misinformation and wild postulations about firearms capabilities.

Such as wounds inflicted from "weapons of war" (meaning AR type rifles) being somehow more severe than "regular guns". Ummm yea. OK then.

Yep rifles like the AR somehow alter ammunition performance. And of course that crazy myth that theres ammunition out there designed to fragment and corkscrew thus increasing wound severity.

(sigh) And theres reputable medical "experts" out there corroborating all this. There are bullets designed for hunting that do expand of course. Any real shooter knows that.

But claiming the rifle any round is fired from makes a shred of difference in bullet performance and that the 5.56 is somehow engineered for making crazy weird wounds is just over the top.

Military ammunition is of course about as non damaging as it gets. It makes clean through and through wounds in tissue. This is mandated by the Hauge Accords. (Often confused with the Geneva Convention) Military ammunition must be of non upseting/expanding nature. Ball. Full metal jacket.

Extreme terminal performance ammo is strictly forbidden for battlefield use. These crazy wild claims about the AR and such rifles being somehow more "deadly" drives me plumb spare. Its complete fantasy nonsense.

Old 01-17-2020, 12:09 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Because ? Something happened-
Because they have intelligence that said something was planned.
\

Guns are banned at Trump rallies......

Old 01-17-2020, 12:12 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Some of you are incensed that guns are being banned at a rally? Really? Get some freakin perspective.

Old 01-17-2020, 12:16 PM

13,966 posts, read 5,632,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
It was Craigiri who made the 6x10 claim. Easy to mix up all this misinformation and wild postulations about firearms capabilities.

Such as wounds inflicted from "weapons of war" (meaning AR type rifles) being somehow more severe than "regular guns". Ummm yea. OK then.

Yep rifles like the AR somehow alter ammunition performance. And of course that crazy myth that theres ammunition out there designed to fragment and corkscrew thus increasing wound severity.

(sigh) And theres reputable medical "experts" out there corroborating all this. There are bullets designed for hunting that do expand of course. Any real shooter knows that.

But claiming the rifle any round is fired from makes a shred of difference in bullet performance and that the 5.56 is somehow engineered for making crazy weird wounds is just over the top.

Military ammunition is of course about as non damaging as it gets. It makes clean through and through wounds in tissue. This is mandated by the Hauge Accords. (Often confused with the Geneva Convention) Military ammunition must be of non upseting/expanding nature. Ball. Full metal jacket.

Extreme terminal performance ammo is strictly forbidden for battlefield use. These crazy wild claims about the AR and such rifles being somehow more "deadly" drives me plumb spare. Its complete fantasy nonsense.
The "tumble" thing took on a life of its own back in the 60s, just as you said. what was a design flaw, which was remedied in the early 70s and has never been "unremedied" is still considered an intended feature which persists to this day. It's pure nonsense.

Thanks for making the Hague Accords reference, since people hear "full metal jacket" and think "omfg, super duper lethal!!", when FMJ is designed for the cleanest, least destructive wound channels possible, as anyone with even cursory knowledge of ballistic performance is aware. In fact, my firearm enthusiast buddies and I clown FMJ as "cheapo plink ammo" only suited to shooting at paper, since I wouldn't trust my self-defense to anything less than JHPs.

5.56NATO/.223 is a weird urban legend that simply will not die no matter how thoroughly it gets debunked. Knuckleheads like corpgypsy and cragiri are just those silly neighborhood kids who swear they know a guy who knows a dude who dated a chick whose uncle knew a guy that knows how the .223 round was designed in Lex Luthor's underwater fortress to cause massive human suffering on an unparalleled scale...because he was there, man. I swear! And there is a engine that runs on tap water, four different versions of perpetual motion, cold fusion in some dude's basement, and Elvis lives in Buenos Aires.

Old 01-17-2020, 12:22 PM

19,649 posts, read 12,239,759 times
Of course there shouldn't be any weapons at protests. The counters come in and it gets really heated. They shouldn't be allowed to wear masks either and they need to be kept separated.

Charlottesville went particularly bad because the two sides got pushed into each other by the police when they came in force.

Let them have their protest rally and have their say regarding the second amendment. I think there are opposition parties which WANT something bad to happen so they can add further fuel to the fire.

Old 01-17-2020, 12:22 PM

590 posts, read 555,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
If the NRA and politicians don't support common sense gun control laws, expect more of this!

I keep warning the gun nuts that if they don't bring common sense gun control measures to the table, circumstances will eventually dictate extreme gun control measures.
For your information, there are plenty of common sense gun control laws in every state but they haven't kept guns out of the hands of criminals, what makes you think more gun laws will reduce violent crime?

How about more common sense in enforcing current gun laws and keeping violent criminals where they belong?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies