Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2020, 06:41 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,118,686 times

Advertisements

I hope your right...

Old 03-25-2020, 06:45 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,801,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
How about naming it for the people who lied and lied, killed whistleblowers and only when this disease blew up in their faces, did they admit that it even existed. You know, the people whose denialism led to the entire planet being caught completely unprepared.

Call it the CCP Plague -- short for Chinese Communist Party Plague. After all, this is their mess. The American people don't deserve any credit or blame. The Chinese people don't either. Just those damn fake Commie Chinese Nazi bastards. This is their mess 100%. Could have been stopped dead in its tracks, but that giant pack of xenophobic racist *******s did what they always do: Hide the ball and deny all the livelong day.
Whats wrong with calling it Covid 19 based upon which country suffers the worst.

Since India is now locked down, and it has hardly touched Indonesia..

Likely places this virus will impact the most are the USA and Brazil based upon their lack of lock down and population sizes.

Old 03-25-2020, 06:46 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,227,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Warnings from all serious international organizations were there by mid-January. To deaf ears. No, its not true that we did not have any information at that point. Two whole months went by. Italy probably has had corona virus since mid-December. You simply try to get Trump off the hook and point to China. China indeed acted slowly, but really went on lockdown after one and a half months. And so far it seems to have been working. Trump has been dragging his feet for two whole months and now wants to open up everything by Easter. Come on. The China angle is just a distraction to get Trump off the hook.

Mid-January?

It was Jan 15 when WHO tweeted that Chinese scientists could not confirm any human to human transmission of the virus. that WHO would parrot this Chinese lie without any independent investigation is criminal.

It was Jan 22 when WHO met and decided to NOT raise the global risk level to high and to NOT declare an international health emergency.

It was not until Jan 31 that WHO declared an international health emergency and raised the global risk level to high. Trump immediately ordered a travel ban from China and declared a national health emergency.

Trump did not have "deaf ears". In fact, part of our problem may be he was listening to WHO too closely.

Old 03-25-2020, 06:47 PM

5,581 posts, read 2,310,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Looks like Fla. going to be hit hard.

42 Policeman tested positive in Tampa area.
Link?

I found this:

Tampa Police Dept

44 officers are being monitored. Of those 44:

• 1 tested positive for COVID19
  • 15 were possibly exposed to the coronavirus in the line of duty
  • 10 showed symptoms,
  • 7 went on a cruise,
  • 3 went on an international travel
  • 9 are waiting coronavirus test results.
https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/r...rs-quarantined

Old 03-25-2020, 06:50 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Looks like Fla. going to be hit hard.

42 Policeman tested positive in Tampa area.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
Link?

I found this:

Tampa Police Dept

• 10 showed symptoms,
  • 7 went on a cruise,
pretty big difference between boss and the truth.

Old 03-25-2020, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Okay, armchair quarterback, what would you have done differently? Keep in mind that China was not forthcoming with vital information. Instead, they tried to hide it. Also, keep in mind that this is a "novel" virus meaning that it had never been seen before. Plus, no country was ahead of the curve in the beginning.

Why shouldn't people hear about China? After all, once again, the Chinese weren't honest about this until all hell broke loose and they couldn't hide it anymore. China needs to be ostracized by the entire world.

I like how you paint all Trump voters with the same brush. I, for one, did not take "this disease as a joke for two months"---and I'm not the only one.

When you first heard of COVID-19, did you immediately lock yourself inside your home? Or did you wait until more info was made available?
Spring Break in Florida was in March
Carnival in New Orleans was in March
All the Americans rushing back to the USA with no quarantine was March
Subway trains still running in NYC March

March 25, 2020 Much of the US is still not locked down and the spreading continues unabated in areas.

On February 4 when I booked my flight to Malaysia I knew full well I might get stranded there in a lock down. For over a month the US did basically nothing to stop the spread and everything that helped guarantee the deaths of many people.

Old 03-25-2020, 06:55 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,218,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
Link?

I found this:

Tampa Police Dept

• 10 showed symptoms,
  • 7 went on a cruise,
WTSP 44 officers quarantined. On the news feed.

Old 03-25-2020, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
I do think this pandemic is going to fundamentally change the way people think. We will be much better prepared for the next one. Not prepared enough, but better than this one.
Perhaps it may also change the way we vote.

People may decide to elect more qualified individuals that can be trusted to look out for the best interest of the people instead of their friends and rich donors.

Old 03-25-2020, 06:57 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,682,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post

It was not until Jan 31 that WHO declared an international health emergency and raised the global risk level to high. Trump immediately ordered a travel ban from China and declared a national health emergency.
Florida, for example, should have been emptied of tourists (5 to 10 million) and after they were gone an air travel restriction put into place. That alone would have saved....well, we'll soon be able to start counting but since Trump never shipped the 5 million tests he claimed 2 1/2 weeks ago we have absolutely no idea.

We'll see soon enough and I don't think it is going to be pretty.

"don't ask, don't tell, don't test, don't find, don't act, doesn't work that way!"

Old 03-25-2020, 06:58 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,218,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
Whats wrong with calling it Covid 19 based upon which country suffers the worst.

Since India is now locked down, and it has hardly touched Indonesia..

Likely places this virus will impact the most are the USA and Brazil based upon their lack of lock down and population sizes.
Indonesia is probably getting hit harder than its case numbers would suggest. The amount of deaths, 58, is more consistent with countries in the 2500-3500 range of confirmed cases, rather than the 790 it is reporting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies