Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2020, 07:09 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
What should we do with people like this, who were wrong beyond words?? Who allowed things like Mardi Gras to go ahead, despite weeks of warnings about the virus?? Or the mayor of New Orleans, or the governor?? Within two weeks of this public statement, the entire state was being destroyed.
https://www.nola.com/gambit/news/the...5d78e1e8e.html

How about people like Cuomo (the new Dem candidate for President!!). He presides over the most destroyed jurisdiction in the entire world, and obviously waited weeks and weeks too long to take strong measures.
Or De Blasio, who said TWO DAYS ago that he wasn't about to start "being draconian" (his words).

What should we do about people like this??

Answer: the same as we always do. Reward them, praise them, give them even more powerful positions.

(OOps, I was supposed to criticize Trump and blame him for everything. Sorry! Not sorry).

Well.............................. New Orleans has never had a good track record in preparedness for disasters.

Old 03-25-2020, 07:12 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,034,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
What should we do with people like this, who were wrong beyond words?? Who allowed things like Mardi Gras to go ahead, despite weeks of warnings about the virus?? Or the mayor of New Orleans, or the governor?? Within two weeks of this public statement, the entire state was being destroyed.
https://www.nola.com/gambit/news/the...5d78e1e8e.html

How about people like Cuomo (the new Dem candidate for President!!). He presides over the most destroyed jurisdiction in the entire world, and obviously waited weeks and weeks too long to take strong measures.
Or De Blasio, who said TWO DAYS ago that he wasn't about to start "being draconian" (his words).

What should we do about people like this??

Answer: the same as we always do. Reward them, praise them, give them even more powerful positions.

(OOps, I was supposed to criticize Trump and blame him for everything. Sorry! Not sorry).
Still trying your partisan hack job. How many times? You must have some stake in Trump getting re-elected that you spend your entire day going around to different threads trying to play "offense" for Trump by attacking Cuomo.

Old 03-25-2020, 07:17 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,733,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Ho Hum. Please tell us how that is going to save Grandma when the GOP wants to kill her quickly so they can get back to the Sports bars?
A. I don't think that anyone wants to kill grandma, and I doubt you believe that either.
B. The entire point is, trying to run cover for China when this entire mess is their fault seriously annoys me. This entire disease never even happens in the first place without criminal irresponsible behavior by China.

No, I'm not impressed with the Trump admin's early response. They got some things right, but we should have been firing up production of masks, ventilators and other supplies way back in early February. But they did get a lot of things right and they weren't nearly as irresponsible as almost the entire European Union. Apparently we're getting production up and running now. I'll be impressed when I can easily purchase my own supply of N95 masks and the hospitals have more than enough of those, ventilators and everything else that they need. But bear in mind that Taiwan and South Korea were extremely successful against the Commi-Flu without shutting down their entire economy and nation. If we can get to a point where there is an abundance of masks and test kits and everyone who might have the disease has been tested, then we can isolate people who are sick and the rest of us can get back to everyday life. We're no there yet, but at some point we will be. I doubt that day will be April 12th but if it is then that's the right time when we can get back to whatever the new normal looks like.

Old 03-25-2020, 07:19 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,216,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
There was plenty of time in January to pay attention to what was going on in the world. Democrats tried to raise the alarm, but Trump insisted that it was all a Democratic hoax, everything was under control.

What nonsense. Show me where Democrats made any mention of it in January.

Old 03-25-2020, 07:22 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,216,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
It's as if you don't know we've been trading all over the world since....well, since before the USA existed.

When the Pilgrims landed they found part of an Iron Plow.....a French dude had left it there (on the Cape).

The Portuguese and Dutch and Brits and Spanish and French and you and I have acheived our wealth by trade....

And yet someone you create a fairy tales as if this was not the History of the World?

That's fantastic. You might as well ask that we live on a farm and use a wooden stick to plow the field.

It's as if you don't have any comprehension of level and degree. Dems have been steadily driving businesses out of America with taxes and regulations.

Old 03-25-2020, 07:28 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,810,288 times
I know it's tough times and you're unable to get your pre-made sandwiches due to the pandemic. Times like these you'll have to purchase your deli meat yourself and figure out how to make your own sandwich.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...resh-food.html

You can't really go by what governors and health officials say. You need to eat.

Old 03-25-2020, 07:28 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,670,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
It's as if you don't have any comprehension of level and degree. Dems have been steadily driving businesses out of America with taxes and regulations.
So please - list out the amazing accomplishments otherwise of Reagan, Daddy Bush and more recently 8 years of GWB and a lot of Republican control.

I lived through all that...didn't see one word mentioned. In fact, quite the opposite.

Wal-Mart, one of the most powerful families in America - and VERY Right Wing, is the single largest importer from China. They force all their vendor to go there.

Home Depot? Same - Right Wing founder, everything possible from China.

Moscow Mitch? His wife is of a Chinese family that are virtually Oligarchs.....billions in banking and shipping in China - tied in with the Chinese government, steel, etc.

Sorry, play that game in another thread. This is about CV. I've lived through these periods and been in business the whole time. You aren't gonna fool me, but maybe some others are game.

Old 03-25-2020, 07:29 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,442,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
If we can get to a point where there is an abundance of masks and test kits and everyone who might have the disease has been tested, then we can isolate people who are sick and the rest of us can get back to everyday life.

This is a great idea but impossible in this country. There's almost no leadership and no consistency. Trump already made it clear that prevention & supplies are up to the states. How is the state of Mississippi going to mobilize and pay a small army of virus testers? And at the federal level, I'm convinced the CDC couldn't fix a d*mn light bulb.

Old 03-25-2020, 07:34 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,442,833 times
This crisis has taught me how worthless our government is. It's like the botched Katrina response but 100s of times worse. After witnessing this crisis, if you think the US government is capable of saving you from anything, you're a complete fool.

Old 03-25-2020, 07:44 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
This crisis has taught me how worthless our government is. It's like the botched Katrina response but 100s of times worse. After witnessing this crisis, if you think the US government is capable of saving you from anything, you're a complete fool.
Don't forget-some people want turn ALL your health care over to the government. So far-the biggest screw-up has been the CDC. They refused the WHO test kits, had to develop their own. Then they screwed that up, with the first batch of kits being defective. FDA rules had to be scrapped just to allow private industry to respond and fix the mess the government created.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies