Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2020, 09:29 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,812,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Does that mean schools and universities will be online Permanently
This is just not going to happen. We haven't figured out an effective way to teach everything online yet. Especially at the university level, we are very far from having decent online education.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2020, 09:29 PM

230 posts, read 115,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post
I'm in my late 30s. I don't.
You never know how Covid can affect you. You are lucky you have not known anybody who died from this. I know some in their 30's and 40's who have in my little town.

Old 04-26-2020, 09:31 PM

230 posts, read 115,029 times
Quote:
We also need to grow food and make medicines and stuff.
The people growing food and working in food plants are all getting sick.

Old 04-26-2020, 09:34 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
They're priming the masses to take even more civil liberties away and keep better tabs on we, the minions.
Correct, sir.

I haven't been this impacted by government-sanctioned draconian measures since my days of growing up in the ghetto. It's like seeing the neighborhood bully after all these years - he's still a blank hole but in a weird way you get a little nostalgic with a warm, fuzzy feeling.

"That's the old bully I remember. Ah, memories."

Old 04-26-2020, 09:37 PM

24,630 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
Does that mean we have to social distance forever?

Does that mean sporting events, concerts, movie theaters, gyms, dine in restaurants, shopping etc will have to close permanently?

Would you be ok with this?
Yes on all answers.

In this world there are consequences to our actions. Someone decided to eat or dissect a bat and here we are.

I’m not afraid of COVID as I’m not in the high risk group. But that won’t change the social distancing that will be required going forward. No vaccine or mass testing will change that for the short term.

Old 04-26-2020, 09:39 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,812,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Yes on all answers.

In this world there are consequences to our actions. Someone decided to eat or dissect a bat and here we are.

I’m not afraid of COVID as I’m not in the high risk group. But that won’t change the social distancing that will be required going forward. No vaccine or mass testing will change that for the short term.
I disagree. I think the vaccine will be out in the short term and change the way we look at this virus. Vaccines are in trial right now and we could see one as early as 2021.

Old 04-26-2020, 09:41 PM

3,071 posts, read 3,224,805 times
Quote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/balajis/s...17347646144513

Does that mean we have to social distance forever?

Does that mean sporting events, concerts, movie theaters, gyms, dine in restaurants, shopping etc will have to close permanently?

Would you be ok with this?
1. Probably not forever, but I think we will need to proceed with caution. Use sound judgement.
2. No, as far as I know, sporting events are expected to resume in 2021. Gyms will probably open in a couple of months. Same with dine in. At least we can get takeout.
3. Not likely-The university that I am working at is expected to resume face-to-face classes this fall. Though we will be entirely online this summer.
4. Absolutely not-I'd go bat**** crazy.

Old 04-26-2020, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
This is just not going to happen. We haven't figured out an effective way to teach everything online yet. Especially at the university level, we are very far from having decent online education.
There's that and then the truth is, not all classes are meant to be done remotely. Some classes should be AT LEAST hybrid (e.g. math classes and most science classes)

Old 04-26-2020, 09:43 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
I disagree. I think the vaccine will be out in the short term and change the way we look at this virus. Vaccines are in trial right now and we could see one as early as 2021.
Vaccines are only vaccines in name only.

Even the CDC says its own flu vaccine is only about 40% to 60% effective and they've been tinkering with that thing since inception (WWII).

Old 04-26-2020, 09:45 PM

Quote:
I'm in my late 30s. I don't.
Even if you aren't wearing a mask, avoiding crowds that are too large and washing your hands (preferably with soap and warm/hot water) are probably good habits to adopt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies