Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2020, 11:06 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,524,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Thats IF they can find and develop a vaccine, 12-18 months would be the earliest one would become available, meaning they got VERY lucky.

*Just keep in mind, Govt is trying to keep people hopeful in anyway they can right now, so I wouldnt exactly trust everything they say at this point, (there is probably a whole lot they are not telling us).
We will broadly have herd immunity well before 12-18 months. Our bodies are actually remarkably effective in developing their own immunity in most cases, and that is what is most likely to handle this situation to a point where people will likely not need or care about any vaccine for this by the time it is developed (if ever).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2020, 07:32 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
Ah yes, the brave. Dead but brave. They need to put that on their tombstones. "Here lies Larry, he refused to listen to the people who told him to avoid contact with others to stay safe. But, man, was he BRAVE !"
You know this thing kills less than 1% of its victims right?

Old 04-27-2020, 07:33 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
"Expert"
Lol

Old 04-28-2020, 07:20 AM

13,966 posts, read 5,630,295 times
Keep the following passages in mind years from now when you wonder what the f*** happened to your civil liberties, your economy, standard of living, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Moore
the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this country, isn't there? Cruelty and injustice, intolerance and oppression. And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission. How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well, certainly, there are those who are more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable. But again, truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror. I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be? War, terror, disease. They were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. Fear got the best of you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Moore
Imagine a virus, the most terrifying virus you can, and then imagine that you, and you alone, have the cure. But if your ultimate goal is power, how best to use such a weapon? It's at this point in our story that along comes a spider. He is a man seemingly without a conscience, for whom the ends always justify the means, and it is he who suggests that their target should not be an enemy of the country but rather the country itself. Three targets are chosen to maximise the effect of the attack: a school, a tube station, and a water treatment plant. Several hundred die within the first few weeks.

Fueled by the media, fear and panic spread quickly, fracturing and dividing the country until, at last, the true goal comes into view. Before the St Mary's crisis, no-one would have predicted the results of the election that year. No-one. And then, not long after the election, lo and behold, a miracle. Some believe it was the work of God himself, but it was a pharmaceutical company controlled by certain party members that made them all obscenely rich. A year later, several extremists are tried, found guilty, and executed, while a memorial is built to canonise their victims. But the end result, the true genius of the plan, was the fear. Fear became the ultimate tool of this government,

Old 04-28-2020, 11:00 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,173,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Does that mean we have to social distance forever?
Maybe.

If you saw the news a couple of nights ago, it was stated there is no evidence of immunity.

That statement was based on a study concluded April 22 in which 207 people who had VC (Virus Cong) got it again.

39 of those 207 were asymptomatic, which is 18.8%.

I do not know when they were originally infected by VC, but I think January/February is a reasonable assumption.

Since the study was concluded the 3rd week of April, that would mean they were re-infected sometime in the last week of March or first 2 weeks of April.

For the 39 who were asymptomatic, I do not know if they were also asymptomatic the first time, or they were blowed up by VC the first time.

The study suggests the immunity is consistent with every known human corona virus strain that causes Influenza-like Illness, which is 6-12 weeks.

If I were running the show, I would declare a federal emergency, put every hospital under control of FEMA, and have FEMA direct FEMA offices in every State to coordinate resources, including medical personnel, medical equipment, medical supplies, pharmaceuticals and PPE, between hospitals in that State.

I would activate US Army Reserve units and federalize Army National Guard units with medium lift capability.

The Blackhawks and Chinooks would be used to ferry patients from over-crowded hospitals to those hospitals with the State or adjacent States that were not over-crowded as well as transport resources to where they are needed.

Once everything was ready, I'd open the flood-gates and see what happens.

Because if this thing doesn't burn out, you may have Corona Season every year for the rest of your life.

It will wreck havoc with your healthcare system, employment and the economy forevermore.

Your hospitals will be besieged every Corona Season, and employers will have to deal with large numbers of employees dying or in hospital or sick or calling-off and the cost will be enormous.

Old 04-28-2020, 11:04 AM

20,114 posts, read 9,028,155 times
is Biden under some DNC order to stay under quarantine? Would he have to stay hidden in the WH if he were elected?

Old 04-28-2020, 11:44 AM

1,485 posts, read 955,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Maybe.

If you saw the news a couple of nights ago, it was stated there is no evidence of immunity.

That statement was based on a study concluded April 22 in which 207 people who had VC (Virus Cong) got it again.

39 of those 207 were asymptomatic, which is 18.8%.

I do not know when they were originally infected by VC, but I think January/February is a reasonable assumption.

Since the study was concluded the 3rd week of April, that would mean they were re-infected sometime in the last week of March or first 2 weeks of April.

For the 39 who were asymptomatic, I do not know if they were also asymptomatic the first time, or they were blowed up by VC the first time.

The study suggests the immunity is consistent with every known human corona virus strain that causes Influenza-like Illness, which is 6-12 weeks.

If I were running the show, I would declare a federal emergency, put every hospital under control of FEMA, and have FEMA direct FEMA offices in every State to coordinate resources, including medical personnel, medical equipment, medical supplies, pharmaceuticals and PPE, between hospitals in that State.

I would activate US Army Reserve units and federalize Army National Guard units with medium lift capability.

The Blackhawks and Chinooks would be used to ferry patients from over-crowded hospitals to those hospitals with the State or adjacent States that were not over-crowded as well as transport resources to where they are needed.

Once everything was ready, I'd open the flood-gates and see what happens.

Because if this thing doesn't burn out, you may have Corona Season every year for the rest of your life.

It will wreck havoc with your healthcare system, employment and the economy forevermore.

Your hospitals will be besieged every Corona Season, and employers will have to deal with large numbers of employees dying or in hospital or sick or calling-off and the cost will be enormous.
You forgot about future prevention.

What would you do about the facilty this virus was released from?

May I suggest you send deep cover operatives to investigate and destroy the laboratory and any storage facilities these viruses are kept in?

What about the scientists working in said facilities? For the sake of humanity they would need to be extinguished along with any records.

If you're not bright enough to realize this virus was not only stored in a laboratory but also tweeked with, then we can expect a resurgence with way worse consequenses than we have now.

You have to be comprehensive in your response. Just don't announce your strategem on twitter like an idiot.

Old 04-28-2020, 01:48 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,547,998 times
Some “experts” are saying the word will never be the same now.

I agree. The word "experts" will never again mean the same.

Old 04-29-2020, 01:37 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,173,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
We will broadly have herd immunity well before 12-18 months.
Like influenza?

How's that working out for everyone?

Old 04-29-2020, 01:55 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,524,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Like influenza?

How's that working out for everyone?
Well, yes actually. It is a lot like the flu (influenza) in many ways.

Once we establish 'herd immunity,' that does not mean that we will be impervious to new strains of the coronavirus that come along - just like the flu.

That is another reason why this whole shutdown routine has been such a bad idea for most places. We cannot shut the whole country down every year when a new strain of the flu, or the coronavirus, or whatever else comes along, just because the doctors are making hyper-cautious recommendations that serve them well in covering their rear-ends, but serve the public poorly in devastating the ability of lower and middle income people to pay for their homes and feed their families by routinely sending tens of millions of people to the unemployment line.

Of course the control freak left is positively delighted by the opportunity to have everyone locked down and under their thumbs, dependent on their permission to leave their houses, to go to work, to eat at a restaurant, or pretty much anything public. It dovetails right in with their "Political correctness" intimidation agenda to govern what people are allowed to think or say.

These people are truly pathological and in this current episode, we are witnessing another terrifying aspect of the tendencies that are associated with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies