Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2020, 02:01 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,129,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Some “experts” are saying the word will never be the same now. What do they mean by this?
Everyone will now be required to practice personal and effective hygiene, daily. In other words, wash their @55 at least once a day. No more of this splashing on "Shower in a bottle" to mask the stench all winter long because it's "too cold to take a show" and then going out in public.

They'll invent a hand held apparatus, much like those hand held thermometers where they just point them at your forehead and read your temperature. In this case, they simply point the apparatus from a save "social distancing distance" at the intended target (area) and instantly get a reading. "You stink! It's Go Time! go home and wash your filthy @55". The Bell & Howell Tac portable sniffer.

Last edited by FC76-81; 04-29-2020 at 02:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2020, 06:54 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,812,094 times
No..hopefully. They say that nothing is forever. It just sounds like it might be a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post

Of course the control freak left is positively delighted by the opportunity to have everyone locked down and under their thumbs, dependent on their permission to leave their houses, to go to work, to eat at a restaurant, or pretty much anything public. It dovetails right in with their "Political correctness" intimidation agenda to govern what people are allowed to think or say.

These people are truly pathological and in this current episode, we are witnessing another terrifying aspect of the tendencies that are associated with that.

I don't know if I'm included in this but that's not me. I don't care what everyone else does. I just need a staycation (I'm still working but it's something I can tolerate for now) and even I don't want it forever. Even an extreme introvert like me wants to go to a concert some times. I'm also hoping to move cross country and be able to go to the zoo or whatever when I'm there so if that's out I will be very upset because I've been planning it for over a year. I just need the energy to get things done and once I am able to get a job that's suitable for me I would be okay with the quarantine lifting. I know the hard part is with the quarantine it's even more difficult to get another job so I don't know what to do about that but hopefully there's a way.

Old 04-29-2020, 07:22 PM

37,138 posts, read 42,234,436 times
The world is never the same from one day to the next so they are using a linguistic trick to make people be more fearful, and to maintain whatever status they are currently enjoying.

Old 04-30-2020, 12:06 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,524,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
I don't know if I'm included in this but that's not me. I don't care what everyone else does. I just need a staycation (I'm still working but it's something I can tolerate for now) and even I don't want it forever. Even an extreme introvert like me wants to go to a concert some times. I'm also hoping to move cross country and be able to go to the zoo or whatever when I'm there so if that's out I will be very upset because I've been planning it for over a year. I just need the energy to get things done and once I am able to get a job that's suitable for me I would be okay with the quarantine lifting. I know the hard part is with the quarantine it's even more difficult to get another job so I don't know what to do about that but hopefully there's a way.
I hope the governor of your state allows you out of your home and back to work soon, wherever that is.

I hope you find what you a seeking. Something challenging and fulfilling, where you can grow, personally, professionally, spiritually, financially and socially. I wish you great success. God made you for a purpose and you will be happy when you find out what that is and are able to give yourself to it.

It is going to be very difficult for you or anyone to realize these sorts of aspirations while locked down under a government mandated quarantine. This is almost certainly going to have to be lifted first.

Old 04-30-2020, 12:10 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
So how Long should we stay closed?
But we're not closed. If you want to sensationalize it that way, then that is you. But we're still not closed.

Old 04-30-2020, 12:16 PM

34,235 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
But we're not closed. If you want to sensationalize it that way, then that is you. But we're still not closed.
We are CLOSED.

Go to a restaurant or go to your office and see what happens.

Old 04-30-2020, 01:42 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,177,123 times
Quote:
Well, yes actually. It is a lot like the flu (influenza) in many ways.
We'll all wait while you show us data that flu killed 62,535 people in 6-weeks.

Quote:
Once we establish 'herd immunity,' ....
You are never going to establish herd immunity.

That's why you have Flu Season, because there is no herd immunity.

That's also why people get flu outside of Flu Season, because there is no herd immunity.

Your immunity to COVID-19 is not life-time or even long-term. The jury is still apparently out on how long immunity actually lasts.

Quote:
Of course the control freak left is positively delighted by the opportunity to have everyone locked down and under their thumbs, dependent on their permission to leave their houses, to go to work, to eat at a restaurant, or pretty much anything public.
We have a Republican governor. He's hardly part of the "control freak left."

Like a poor marksman, you keep missing the target.

You have 62,535 deaths in 6-weeks, but only because you had a lock-down.

Without a lock-down, you'd have more than 100,000 deaths in 4-weeks, and then 100,000+ every 4 weeks thereafter.

Because you are inordinately obsessed with the number of deaths, you are blinded by the Millions that would be hospitalized and the Millions more who would not be hospitalized, but unable to work because they're at home sick.

And you think that would have no negative effect on your economy. You couldn't be more wrong if you tried.

At that point, the government wouldn't need to order a shut-down, because the virus would do that for you and so would the Millions of people afraid to leave their homes for fear of infection.

Maybe you fancy having a tube stuck down your throat and being in a medically-induced coma for 2 weeks, but most people don't and they don't want to be left in a financial mess missing weeks of work and paying for a medical bill.

Old 04-30-2020, 01:46 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,123,976 times
Quote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/balajis/s...17347646144513

Does that mean we have to social distance forever?

Does that mean sporting events, concerts, movie theaters, gyms, dine in restaurants, shopping etc will have to close permanently?

Does that mean schools and universities will be online Permanently

Would you be ok with this?
You can live in that vision. I'm returning to civilization.

Old 04-30-2020, 01:53 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,729,889 times
Quote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/balajis/s...17347646144513

Does that mean we have to social distance forever?

Does that mean sporting events, concerts, movie theaters, gyms, dine in restaurants, shopping etc will have to close permanently?

Does that mean schools and universities will be online Permanently

Would you be ok with this?
It't wont be any media or political party that will determine this...it will be by coming to a consensus...and that will only happen when the media, politics and science get on the same page and enough Americans believe them. It will probably take on the order of a year....at minimum.

Old 04-30-2020, 01:56 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,102,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
It't wont be any media or political party that will determine this...it will be by coming to a consensus...and that will only happen when the media, politics and science get on the same page and enough Americans believe them. It will probably take on the order of a year....at minimum.
A year? Doesn’t seem sustainable
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies