Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2020, 10:56 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,815,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Thats IF they can find and develop a vaccine, 12-18 months would be the earliest one would become available, meaning they got VERY lucky.
Even if you double it to 24-36 months... it will be in good measure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2020, 10:58 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,815,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Re bolded: that was not my experience at college, then again I went to a state college many years ago. Maybe the ivy league schools with research departments and grants are different. A lot depends on what kind of college you can afford to go to and what major you are pursuing.
That's a valid point. I was referring to getting a college education. I understand that people go to college for other reasons... like for just the piece of paper, for example. That can be done online.

Old 04-26-2020, 11:18 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,378,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Shouldn't you be reading the articles provided by the experts? Every one of them has an article.
Since we have no idea who the "experts" are supposed to be, we can't read their articles.

Old 04-26-2020, 11:26 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,699,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Ever tried arguing with a Pandemic extremist? No different than arguing with a religious fanatic!

The pandemic extremists, I know a number of them, are going to carry this current behavior forwards, perhaps even beyond the discovery of a vaccine. You won't see these extremists ever going to a sports event, a concert or even to a crowded restaurant. Why? They don't want to miss the Last Greatest Show On Earth, the nuclear holocaust.

I live in a 55+ community with an activity building, where we have potlucks every month, big dinners for everyone on the holidays, card games, a library, and I already know what to expect at the next potluck, everyone trying to seat themselves 6 feet away from others. No thanks!

Same with the pool, now closed. When that re-opens, again, there'll be no surprises!

It will be left to the braver souls to help re-stimulate the economy!
Ah yes, the brave. Dead but brave. They need to put that on their tombstones. "Here lies Larry, he refused to listen to the people who told him to avoid contact with others to stay safe. But, man, was he BRAVE !"

Old 04-26-2020, 11:26 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,102,029 times
Quote:
Some of these are very likely, I think 'pro sporting events' are done (in the way we know them anyway) Even if the stadiums were allowed to re open, I dont think many fans would be willing to sit that close to one another.

Even when Covid19 is done and gone, people will still fear the NEXT virus, so I do think social distancing is here to stay, people have already gotten used to it from what Ive been seeing.

They are probably right, this has changed the world drastically, people will adapt and get used to the new ways though, it only takes about 3 weeks for people to acclimate to something new.
Not sure what world you are living in if you think people will be just fine with the things I mentioned just ending

Old 04-26-2020, 11:27 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,827,390 times
Quote:
Some of these are very likely, I think 'pro sporting events' are done (in the way we know them anyway) Even if the stadiums were allowed to re open, I dont think many fans would be willing to sit that close to one another.

Even when Covid19 is done and gone, people will still fear the NEXT virus, so I do think social distancing is here to stay, people have already gotten used to it from what Ive been seeing.

They are probably right, this has changed the world drastically, people will adapt and get used to the new ways though, it only takes about 3 weeks for people to acclimate to something new.
Lol somehow everybody here thinks they are an expert.

Like I have said multiple times, SOCIAL DISTANCING IS NOT GOING TO BE PERMANENT. Look how antsy people already are after only a MONTH. People are NOT used to it. Most people I have talked to can't wait to see their family and friends again. Anybody who thinks this is going to be permanent is delusional.

Old 04-27-2020, 03:10 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
What word will never be the same?

Old 04-27-2020, 04:14 AM

3,536 posts, read 2,860,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
What word will never be the same?
"Expert"

Old 04-27-2020, 06:49 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,674,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
https://mobile.twitter.com/balajis/s...17347646144513

Does that mean we have to social distance forever?

Does that mean sporting events, concerts, movie theaters, gyms, dine in restaurants, shopping etc will have to close permanently?

Does that mean schools and universities will be online Permanently

Would you be ok with this?

No- extreme views and dire predictions are rarely correct.

Things have a way of sorting themselves out.

Old 04-27-2020, 07:09 AM

10,235 posts, read 6,324,092 times
Social Distancing forever? Deaths will overtake BIRTHS then. Really think humans are really going to stop doing "that"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies