Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2020, 08:18 PM

30,379 posts, read 19,177,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Let her go you Nazi Brown Shirts!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2020, 08:20 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Does a hospital have to treat her or her customers if they need it due to the virus? Or the people they come in contact with?
How would they prove where they got it? One could just as easily be infected at the grocery store.

Old 05-06-2020, 08:23 PM

10,479 posts, read 4,046,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
This won't bode well for the judge. Likely his other rulings were faulty as well.

Keep his face in the news. He'll become a poster for the basement dwellers.
This. Apparently he is up for election this year and women's rights is going to use this to kick his ass.

Old 05-06-2020, 08:27 PM

20,115 posts, read 9,028,155 times
PPP Loan and $500,000 GoFundMe payoff? ...not bad..smart lady, dumb judge.

Old 05-06-2020, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Mind to point out where in the constitution or BOR is freedom from quarantine ?

No citizen has the right to endanger the lives of others.
She’s not sick. When did we start locking up healthy people in quarantine? This is voluntary quarantine and nothing more. They rely on scaring the public enough to comply. And most people will comply because it’s a scary virus, but not if you force them to not earn a living.

Where in the constitution does it say people can be told not to work when thousands of businesses are deemed essential? It’s wholly arbitrary. I’m sure the salon is cleaner and safer than a trip to the grocery store. Who are they to say she can’t operate her business in a free country?

Old 05-06-2020, 08:28 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
This judge is a real piece of work. In addition to her jailing he’s demanding that she apologize.

Is this America in 2020?!
Frankly, NO. This judge, and a not insignificant number of our governors and other elected leaders need a reminder of why we have a 2nd amendment. Hint-it ain't about deer hunting.

One thing this pandemic and the reaction should make damn clear is the real reason power-hungry politicians are so determined to eliminate it.

Old 05-06-2020, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
In this article she acknowledges that she received her loan Sunday.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cli...tputType%3Damp
Last Sunday? That was a long time to wait when we’ve been on lockdown for two months and counting. Meanwhile congress voted themselves a raise and held up this money to get their own priorities passed.

Old 05-06-2020, 08:36 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,541,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassguppy View Post
Shelley Luther at 340K on her GoFundMe page. A week in jail and onward to 500K? Send me to prison.
459k and counting....put me in solitary confinement if you want!

Old 05-06-2020, 08:37 PM

2,260 posts, read 1,138,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
You think too much. Her skin or hair color has absolutely nothing to do with why people support her. Many of my Democrat friends support her too.

The truth is:

Fewer than 50 percent of hair salons are still open, according to BehindtheChair.com. Of those that remain open, stylists have had their hours severely cut and must adhere to rigorous new sanitary practices. Gretchen Everton, a hair stylist and sales consultant with Salon Service Group in Tulsa, said one salon she works with had clients sit in their cars while their hair color processed to avoid having more than 10 people inside at once.

Salon is no more dangerous, than a busy grocery store.

This said, One of the key challenges for small businesses is access to cash. Running any business is a risky endeavor; however, small businesses are particularly vulnerable.

In order to combat this short-term challenge, small business owners should advocate for efforts to provide immediate liquidity and keep businesses solvent.

I posted earlier, the Federal government's financial support was held up for weeks due to partisan bickering. Many small business owners probably were really back into a corner.

It is a decision time for many of them.
Yes, and all Shelly Luther had to do was wait until Friday to open her business. But she wanted to make a spectacle of herself.
Shes an opportunist, and she got exactly what she deserved. Failure to follow important government orders, especially after many warnings and chances, go to jail.

Old 05-06-2020, 08:44 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Yes, and all Shelly Luther had to do was wait until Friday to open her business. But she wanted to make a spectacle of herself.
Shes an opportunist, and she got exactly what she deserved. Failure to follow important government orders, especially after many warnings and chances, go to jail.
She got caught. I know a lot of people who break this "law" "order" "guidelines" every single day. There is no doubt in my mind that this judge made an example of her. If you want to call this justice, then there is really no reason to argue.

This said, I totally support shelter-in-place order, and will obey as long as I can. I don't view her as a hero, nor do I view her as a villain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies