Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2020, 08:45 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,585,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
I’m a she, and I am white myself. I don’t hate Shelley Luther because she’s white. I pointed out that her status as a blond white woman is what has made her a darling of the right. I don’t hate her period. I think she’s an opportunist and a liar and has scammed people out of hundreds of thousands of dollars.
You being white doesn’t surprise me. I see lots of white people hating on white people all the time these days. One of those bizarre things you see all over the protests and on Twitter.

No one was scammed. People are supporting her because they agree with her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2020, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Well ... you did a bit more than that. You kinda vomited a personal dossier on the lady earlier in this thread, commenting on her marital status, her children, her vacation history, and even the family pets. You seem to have a problem with wealthy white women who have been married more than once and take cruises and keep exotic pets. And you slapped the whole story with an ugly racist comparison to another story on top of that that nobody here had even heard about.

We get it. You don’t like this woman. It seems more of a personal thing than anything else.
Yes exactly!

Old 05-06-2020, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Yes, and all Shelly Luther had to do was wait until Friday to open her business. But she wanted to make a spectacle of herself.
Shes an opportunist, and she got exactly what she deserved. Failure to follow important government orders, especially after many warnings and chances, go to jail.
She started this before there was even an announcement of when her business could open, and when there finally was an announcement it was to open May 18. Yesterday Gov Abbott said they could open on May 8.

It was because of the protests and people like Luther that the governors even started announcing reopening. They would have let this go on all summer if people didn’t complain because they’re risk averse. They don’t want to be the first to dip their toe in the water and see what happens, but when you see people in food lines because they can’t earn money to pay for food and we are possibly years away from a vaccine it’s time to bite the bullet and hope for the best. Wear a mask and wash hands frequently, and avoid touching your face. That’s what I do. So far so good. Now if I lived in New York I’d be a lot more scared.

Last edited by katygirl68; 05-06-2020 at 09:09 PM..

Old 05-06-2020, 08:52 PM

35,710 posts, read 21,076,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
How would they prove where they got it? One could just as easily be infected at the grocery store.
Usually it’s group contact. They take it home and multiplies. But interesting how they can find the origin of the virus via bat/ chicken or pig and even the location. Excellent work when they do that. You got it - ask where ya been - go there and ask who else was there and they go check them out while testing everyone . Hair dresser is close contact - grocery hit or miss. Where would you check first ?

Old 05-06-2020, 09:00 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Usually it’s group contact. They take it home and multiplies. But interesting how they can find the origin of the virus via bat/ chicken or pig and even the location. Excellent work when they do that. You got it - ask where ya been - go there and ask who else was there and they go check them out while testing everyone . Hair dresser is close contact - grocery hit or miss. Where would you check first ?

Old 05-06-2020, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Yes I understand contact tracing. At some point it seems a bit impossible to be accurate with community spread. This isn’t the beginning of March. Someone asked if they could turn away treatment at a hospital because someone who went to this salon got it. How would they ever prove where they got it?

Old 05-06-2020, 09:10 PM

8,180 posts, read 6,931,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
I’m a she, and I am white myself. I don’t hate Shelley Luther because she’s white. I pointed out that her status as a blond white woman is what has made her a darling of the right. I don’t hate her period. I think she’s an opportunist and a liar and has scammed people out of hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Too bad you are not happy that she is a strong woman and that people are supporting her for standing up for her rights. It's pretty sad that you are disparaging her the way you are.
It says far more about you than it does about her.

And what's with the race crap?
Really weird.

Old 05-06-2020, 09:38 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,020,001 times
Quote:
I do believe she had the choice.
To some people that was not a choice........

Old 05-06-2020, 09:40 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,020,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
You are correct. I don't understand people who claim to support law and order but also support the refusal to abide by laws they deem to be inconvenient.
it was not a "law"

Old 05-06-2020, 09:44 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,612,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Texans support law. Just not bad law.
So, if its something most Texans agree on...its OK to break those laws...right?

If Texans hate tyranny so much, how many gun dealers in TX currently sell full automatics to citizens? (or do they agree with the law on that one, and ONLY people with a class 3 license can buy them? LOL)

* Requiring a license to purchase a specific type of gun is the very definition of 'Infringement'!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies