Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2020, 06:53 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,524,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
The judge's story is coming to the fore. Judge Eric Moye' has a reputation as a Democrat activist and has handed down many controversial rulings. He once chastised SCOTUS Clarence Thomas as a race-traitor.
This political hack will regret tangling with the people of Texas. Any thoughts on what's next?
The examples are queueing up rapidly of the Democrat left exploiting this horrible situation, not only for the usual political purposes, but also to impose themselves on the American people in eggregiously hurtful and offensive manner. This is just one example on an increasingly long list.

They really do seem to take satisfaction from putting the little people under their thumb.

A lot of people are still operating out of panic and fear, but that becomes tiresome and wears off after a while. If this continues to happen, the fear will morph into anger and rage. While there could be isolated acts of violence, the larger and more lasting reaction is more likely to be at the ballot box in November.

So, who is for freedom and prosperity of these people, and who is for inciting fear in order to justify locking them down - to their financial detriment - for as long as possible?

There is your choice in November.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2020, 07:11 PM

5,581 posts, read 2,310,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

To put someone in prison for trying to work to feed her family is really unnecessary.

She's not in prison.

Old 05-06-2020, 07:12 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
Really? Because there are two Hispanic stylists who were jailed in a sting operation and I don’t see Paxton and Abbot white knighting for them, or anyone sending them hundreds of thousands of dollars.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ajc...D0f2H/amp.html

Tell me why Shelly is a hero and these women are criminals.
I never even heard about the case, but it was wrong for them to be arrested too, and in a sting operation no less. Weird thing to do in Laredo. Perhaps the problem for them is that they’re not legal citizens of this country, which does add a little wrinkle. But honestly I feel real sorry for all of them who aren’t able to work or get the stimulus payment.

Last edited by katygirl68; 05-06-2020 at 08:30 PM..

Old 05-06-2020, 07:38 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,122,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
She's not in prison.
Well that's a relief!

Old 05-06-2020, 07:44 PM

1,768 posts, read 568,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
How do you know that? A lot of people you’d think rich jumped through all the hoops and still haven’t received one penny from the PPP loan. If she got it, then she wouldn’t be doing this because the loan wouldn’t be forgiven if she was doing this. I’m calling bs on that one unless you show me a link on it.
In this article she acknowledges that she received her loan Sunday.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cli...tputType%3Damp

Old 05-06-2020, 07:48 PM

1,768 posts, read 568,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
He or she doesn’t like her because she’s white. I’ve seen other posts. Whatever.
I’m a she, and I am white myself. I don’t hate Shelley Luther because she’s white. I pointed out that her status as a blond white woman is what has made her a darling of the right. I don’t hate her period. I think she’s an opportunist and a liar and has scammed people out of hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Old 05-06-2020, 07:57 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,510,294 times
Quote:
I’m a she, and I am white myself. I don’t hate Shelley Luther because she’s white. I pointed out that her status as a blond white woman is what has made her a darling of the right. I don’t hate her period. I think she’s an opportunist and a liar and has scammed people out of hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Well ... you did a bit more than that. You kinda vomited a personal dossier on the lady earlier in this thread, commenting on her marital status, her children, her vacation history, and even the family pets. You seem to have a problem with wealthy white women who have been married more than once and take cruises and keep exotic pets. And you slapped the whole story with an ugly racist comparison to another story on top of that that nobody here had even heard about.

We get it. You don’t like this woman. It seems more of a personal thing than anything else.

Old 05-06-2020, 08:13 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
You think too much. Her skin or hair color has absolutely nothing to do with why people support her. Many of my Democrat friends support her too.

The truth is:

Fewer than 50 percent of hair salons are still open, according to BehindtheChair.com. Of those that remain open, stylists have had their hours severely cut and must adhere to rigorous new sanitary practices. Gretchen Everton, a hair stylist and sales consultant with Salon Service Group in Tulsa, said one salon she works with had clients sit in their cars while their hair color processed to avoid having more than 10 people inside at once.

Salon is no more dangerous, than a busy grocery store.

This said, One of the key challenges for small businesses is access to cash. Running any business is a risky endeavor; however, small businesses are particularly vulnerable.

In order to combat this short-term challenge, small business owners should advocate for efforts to provide immediate liquidity and keep businesses solvent.

I posted earlier, the Federal government's financial support was held up for weeks due to partisan bickering. Many small business owners probably were really back into a corner.

It is a decision time for many of them.

Old 05-06-2020, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Yes, the virus is in her jail. It was very mean of the judge to send her there. If she catches it, she takes it home to her children.
Hmmm, maybe that was intentional to stop her from going to her business. Honestly I wouldn’t put it past these people anymore.

Old 05-06-2020, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Like I said plenty of people in the same boat and she did this for weeks, if the authorities ignore her they send a message to everyone else. If its bad policy then do away with the laws but don't let every individual decide on their own.

There is no national order only guidelines, that is why the response of the states is so disparate.
Even state orders are just guidelines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies