Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2020, 12:47 PM

34,232 posts, read 18,590,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
One wonders what a vaccine is for if not to preserve life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. How would that ever fly in court?
That's not in any U.S. law. However, people do have adverse reactions to vaccines. Some severe and life threatening. You want responsibility for FORCED medical treatment on people and their children?

Old 05-17-2020, 01:01 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,724,359 times
Dershowitz has been a leftist all his life, but of late has played a role as a reasoned Trump supporter on Fox News. Apparently he badly needed the money. But in this (assuming it's genuine) we're seeing his true colors.

He's wrong....unquestionably, undeniably, in every way, shape, and form....he's wrong. And, if necessary, the people will show him that by whatever force is necessary. Let's hope it won't be.

Old 05-17-2020, 01:32 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,675,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Which vaccinations did you need to get?
Measles. Thought I got it, when I was a child. Tests proved otherwise.

Old 05-17-2020, 01:34 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
One wonders what a vaccine is for if not to preserve life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. How would that ever fly in court?
It is scary. I often comment how death is the biggest infringement on our inalienable rights and I get crickets. The biggest thing is sometimes we have to give up some rights. It might fall under Clear and Present danger like yelling fire in a crowded area. Not vaccinating as we saw with MMR is a danger.

Old 05-17-2020, 01:43 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,675,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
That's not in any U.S. law. However, people do have adverse reactions to vaccines. Some severe and life threatening. You want responsibility for FORCED medical treatment on people and their children?
My son has allergies, asthma and eczema. He's gotten shots! Before he's gotten his shots, myself and his mom disclosed his issues, so that the physicians are well aware.

Now, what if we decide, "no shots for our son," and we argue that he has allergies, eczema and asthma, and "can have an allergic reaction?" (unproven, by the way!) Now, with no shots, he's exposed to other diseases, with already pre-existing conditions. Is that a wise route to take for our child? We answered that, already!

Old 05-17-2020, 01:56 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
My son has allergies, asthma and eczema. He's gotten shots! Before he's gotten his shots, myself and his mom disclosed his issues, so that the physicians are well aware.

Now, what if we decide, "no shots for our son," and we argue that he has allergies, eczema and asthma, and "can have an allergic reaction?" (unproven, by the way!) Now, with no shots, he's exposed to other diseases, with already pre-existing conditions. Is that a wise route to take for our child? We answered that, already!
I was like that when I was young. I had shots by the month until I was seven/eight... Last asthma attack was when I was 12 or so. Maybe once a year I get bronchitis and every few months especially with a change in fronts I do get allergies bad for a day or so.

Old 05-17-2020, 02:03 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,399,266 times
Dershowitz and Stalin are two peas in a pod.

Old 05-17-2020, 02:08 PM

50,316 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
How about we call out with whom we disagree? I voted for Romney and McCain, now I disagree with them due to their political positions. So, because they are/were Republicans I should just blindly agree with them?

That's Derschowitz's opinion. So what? I've never agreed with everything he's said. What is he recommending? They get police to hold people down while they inject them. See how that works out.
They could use a dart gun like with a bear

Old 05-17-2020, 02:12 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,649,334 times
Quote:
How about we call out with whom we disagree? I voted for Romney and McCain, now I disagree with them due to their political positions. So, because they are/were Republicans I should just blindly agree with them?

That's Derschowitz's opinion. So what? I've never agreed with everything he's said. What is he recommending? They get police to hold people down while they inject them. See how that works out.
I wonder if Dershowitz has a legal valid basis to what he’s saying or if he’s talking out his ass?

Old 05-17-2020, 02:14 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,547,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
I wonder if Dershowitz has a legal valid basis to what he’s saying or if he’s talking out his ass?

I'd say the latter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies