Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2020, 09:36 AM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto Jeff View Post
I have no problem with this assessment as parents who refuse to vaccinate their children (unless said children have a medical reason to not be vaccinated) should be charged with child abuse.
And maybe you should be micro-chipped or have a number tattooed on you, just so they can keep track of you. After all, you are willing to give up other people's freedoms.

Old 05-18-2020, 09:38 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,542,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto Jeff View Post
I have no problem with this assessment as parents who refuse to vaccinate their children (unless said children have a medical reason to not be vaccinated) should be charged with child abuse.

I'm glad that I never had children, so no chance you'd ever get your evil ideology within any distance of my grandkids.

Old 05-18-2020, 09:39 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,542,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
And maybe you should be micro-chipped or have a number tattooed on you, just so they can keep track of you. After all, you are willing to give up other people's freedoms.

Old 05-18-2020, 09:53 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,711,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Can you please stop harassing this poster, demanding credentials. This is an internet message board made up of anonymous individuals.
Thank you, MissTerri.

Not to mention that "credentials" mean nothing to good decision making, whether authentic or not.

Old 05-18-2020, 09:58 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
I am a random poster. I never said I had credentials.

Did it make you feel better to spam in this thread though about credentials that I never claimed to have?

Now, go back to your basement. Your mom didn’t give you permission to go on the computer. Surprised you were quick enough to have the ability to remember the password to login with since she dropped you on your head repeatedly as a baby.
You whine about Alan and attack HIS LEGAL "credentials" so I want to know what YOUR legal credentials are to back up your claims.

Old 05-18-2020, 10:19 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,646,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
You whine about Alan and attack HIS LEGAL "credentials" so I want to know what YOUR legal credentials are to back up your claims.
Go back to your basement, kid.

Old 05-18-2020, 10:21 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,646,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
That won't be enough.
The government has the authority to invoke certain powers for public health purposes. Kids need vaccinations for admission to school. There were public Tuberculosis Sanitariums that were places to confine TB patients. There were leper colonies and there are forced commitments to mental institutions. I don't recall being asked about polio vaccine. I got a smallpox vaccination and have the mark to show for it. I lived both times. Covid19 is not a parlor game that we can choose not to play. We will see how it goes when the vaccine is available. Forced "protective" isolation could be an option if this goes far enough. Proof of vaccination might be required for travel. Certainly could be for military service. Certainly for admission to a nursing home even to work or visit. It might be required for healthcare insurance.
Thing is, at least now, all you gotta do is say "for religious reasons" or something along those lines to get out of it.

I have a feeling they'll take that part away.

Old 05-18-2020, 01:53 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
That won't be enough.
The government has the authority to invoke certain powers for public health purposes. Kids need vaccinations for admission to school. There were public Tuberculosis Sanitariums that were places to confine TB patients. There were leper colonies and there are forced commitments to mental institutions. I don't recall being asked about polio vaccine. I got a smallpox vaccination and have the mark to show for it. I lived both times. Covid19 is not a parlor game that we can choose not to play. We will see how it goes when the vaccine is available. Forced "protective" isolation could be an option if this goes far enough. Proof of vaccination might be required for travel. Certainly could be for military service. Certainly for admission to a nursing home even to work or visit. It might be required for healthcare insurance.
I am not against it but the issue is we cannot force the issue until we have a reserve of vaccinations to do a policy like that. Otherwise it means the haves have it while the have nots cannot, just like testing.

Old 05-18-2020, 01:55 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Thing is, at least now, all you gotta do is say "for religious reasons" or something along those lines to get out of it.

I have a feeling they'll take that part away.
I have a feeling that won't be relevant with Covid unless you have the antibodies from having the virus. At least until herd immunity whether natural or vaccine kicks in.

Old 05-18-2020, 02:05 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,139,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I have a feeling that won't be relevant with Covid unless you have the antibodies from having the virus. At least until herd immunity whether natural or vaccine kicks in.
Half of the country and many judges will probably disagree with your statement. Basically you will have millions of people that will refuse to get the vaccine. It's just the reality of American society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies