Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2020, 04:12 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,555,627 times

Advertisements

I don't think anyone would believe this, that ME just signed their walking papers.

Old 05-30-2020, 04:12 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,555,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I'm not sure what you're what you're saying. This man was certainly detained in a very inhumane looking way - but it appears that wasn't the cause of his death.
What in the actual ****? The ME said that it contributed to his death. He would not have died if not for that.

I guess next you will say that when people have obesity and killed by COVID, COVID was not the real cause of death.

Old 05-30-2020, 04:15 AM

11,772 posts, read 5,785,673 times
Actually most suspects when put in that position all say the same thing. Just like your kid tells you - it's wasn't me. If your air supply is getting cut off - you can't talk because you are fighting to inhale.

Old 05-30-2020, 04:19 AM

4,545 posts, read 3,746,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
come back to me when you're willing to engage in the thread topic.
Here’s a thought, the autopsy could be wrong or a lie.

How many times has this country lied to blacks? Countless times.

Old 05-30-2020, 04:20 AM

4,545 posts, read 3,746,709 times

Old 05-30-2020, 04:25 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,707,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
The looters were just looking for an opportunity to loot, and they got it. Good luck taking that away from them without some kind of dangerous confrontation. Mobs cannot be reasoned with.
Talk about looking for opportunity and mob mentality, maestro

Old 05-30-2020, 04:32 AM

11,772 posts, read 5,785,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post

We've all been lied to - get over it. I'm not out rioting because of it.

Old 05-30-2020, 04:39 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,084,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
Somehow this will enrage the enraged even more.

https://amp-www-complex-com.cdn.ampp...y-caused-death

You can block the carotid artery in the neck without causing strangulation.

Death can result in minutes from blocking blood flow to the brain.

Panic and stress from feeling like he's being strangled probably raised his heart rate and blood pressure to dangerous levels.

Just because he didn't die of asphyxiation doesn't mean that kneeling on his neck for eight minutes didn't kill him.

That cop killed George Floyd, no matter what the clinical cause of death was.

Old 05-30-2020, 04:41 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,555,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...mbined-health/

This is a big reason why I often caution people to wait for the evidence to come out before coming to certain conclusions as a matter of fact and law.

Now, the officers still behaved inappropriately and I believe that the knee to the neck was STILL excessive and warrants some kind of charge. But, in light of these findings (and understanding that the Floyd family is requesting a private autopsy), I now see no realistic way that the ex-cop gets convicted of murder.

The standard for convicting police officers who cause death or injury while acting in their official capacities is already challenging. But I was hopeful that, if the evidence showed that the clearly excessive knee to neck hold literally caused Floyd to be choked to death (there was already skepticism based on that by the fact that Floyd was able to state repeatedly that he couldn't breathe, which shows that he was able to breathe . . . people get on the MS mayor for making a similar point--and I've said that just because something is factual doesn't mean that it should be uttered) then there would be a clear cut case of unlawful homicide even with the cop's status (and, to be clear, I want all of the cops on the scene charged with something).

If I was the now ex-officer, I may not even request a jury trial.
He left his knee on his neck for 3 minutes after he was unresponsive. Slam dunk.

Old 05-30-2020, 04:42 AM

5,978 posts, read 2,233,652 times
If this post is an example of how Trump Supporters are going to approach this, then I expect the riots to continue. If this video cannot stop the victim-blaming and scapegoating that white media loves to do then it will continue.

Just go read the Aubrey thread on this forum and imagine what black folk see when 2/3rd of the post say Aubrey deserved to be hunted down and shot like a dog.

I see no end to this anger, even after the riots end, it won't be over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies