Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2020, 10:01 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,444,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
All this he shoulda and he shouldn'ta is taking the focus off of her and putting it on him, which is b.s. He has a right to ask someone politely to leash the dog so stop acting like that request was a problem.

He did nothing wrong. It's no crime to ask someone politely to put their dog on a leash. When she got cocky and rude is when he said what he did and took out a dog treat. SHE escalated it. You folks are acting like he did something egregious when he didn't. SHE did.

And I don't buy for one second that she felt threatened by what he said. She didn't leash her dog and leave. She raced up to him with her jaws flapping and then kicked into full drama mode.

You can't gloss over what her intention was, whether the emergency operator would have asked for a description or not. She had an agenda because nobody is going to tell her what to do. (She's Canadian, by the way, not a New Yorker.) And she was playing the 'I feel threatened by a black male' race card. That's horrendous behavior. Please stop trying to equalize his request and gimmick with the dog treat to her falsifying a scenario with the police. In no sane world are those two things equal. And in most of our worlds one isn't even a problem.
Ha....rage on.

I did not take the focus off her and put it on him. I had pretty much equal disdain for both of them.

I dont care if she is Canadian except that it is interesting she would invoke American style racism to deal with the problem. That is pretty strange.

Still live long enough among NY'ers and you run the risk of becoming just like them if you arent careful. Not like they dont have a rep for rude/aggressive behavior.

I'm not glossing over anything. I said she was despicable. But, I dont like his behavior any better.

Was there a memo I missed that instructed us to be policing other adults behavior. Look how that just turned out in South GA with the Ahmaud Arbery case.

Dont like what someone is doing? Call the appropriate authority. End of story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2020, 10:11 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
LOL.. the mentally ill moron in question picked a fight with a strange woman and then tried to lure her dog with dog treats he happened to be carrying, while not having a dog of his own.

She was right to call the cops. Any sane person would.

Policing ordinances is for the Police, not civilian strangers in this high violence society. No one has the right to harass a stranger or to try and lure in their personal property.

She was right to be alarmed at his behavior and to seek assistance.
Ok, so you don't think she did anything wrong by calling the police. Why didn't she just walk away instead of calling them knowing she was being recorded. He should have been the one calling the police on how she was treating her dog. Glad he was taken away from her.

Old 05-27-2020, 10:19 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,091,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendu View Post
The handful of people trying to blame the guy are just playing mental gymnastics and being obtuse because they identify more with the white woman than the black man. Just admit it, we're all guilty of it sometimes.

w.centralparknyc.org/blog/beginners-guide-to-birdwatching[/url]
Well exactly...which is why is horrifying that we now live in a fascist country where people want to see you lose everything and be on the street or locked in prison if you offend them. To hell with the Left and what they're turning this once-free nation into.

Old 05-27-2020, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Nope. That's not the point.

I dont like either of these people.

She seems to be a straight up entitled beyotch.

She's also an irresponsible dog owner.

He has appointed himself the vigilante enforcer of the dog leash laws in the Ramble.

His dog treat schtick to get dog owners to leash their dogs is straight up passive aggressive.

Her introduction of racism/racist threats to him is despicable. But, lets face it if she had calmly called 911 and said a man was harassing her and she wanted police to come out they would/should have asked for a description and black would have been part of the description.

They are both aggressive entitled NY'ers albeit in their own unique way. Their encounter was a common NYC and surrounding area flashpoint of what I call too many people competing for too few resources.

She should have had her dog on a leash.

If he was bothered by her failure to follow the rules, he should have called the appropriate authority to deal with her after asking her once to leash the dog.

Telling her she wont like what happens is an escalation and unnecessary.
I agree with your sentiments. Cu(ks. are eating their own now. What a sick twisted country this is now thanks to loony leftism...

Old 05-27-2020, 10:27 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankAce View Post
What if she never stated what she was going to do and JUST DID IT instead? That's where she got caught. She looked in the camera and warned him of the lie she was going to tell. But what if she just started yelling and claimed sexual assault? Even if he was recording, there will be no way to disprove it? Believe all women right?
What lie did she tell? I’m still trying to figure out how the truth is a lie in people’s minds.

Old 05-27-2020, 10:37 PM

2,904 posts, read 994,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
People in the U.S. bend over backwards for certain minorities. Even here in CD. The guy says something like, “I’m going to do whatever I want and you’re not going to like it.” (I don’t have the quote in front of me). That statement in my opinion could frighten someone. Nothing to lose by calling the cops. Better safe than sorry. She got fired? Is that true? I hope she sues the shot of of her ex-employer and makes a small fortune.

Disgusting how she’s made out to look the the bad guy here. She was frightened. Surely nothing bad ever happens to women in Central Park. If anything this should have been no news. So much drama on CD.

Are you aware that words have meanings? Look into it.

She IS the bad guy here. And she's acting like she's frightened. Big difference between actually BEING frightened and acting like it.

You also shouldn't "quote" when it's not the actual quote. That's just dumb.

Old 05-27-2020, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snerk View Post
Are you aware that words have meanings? Look into it.

She IS the bad guy here. And she's acting like she's frightened. Big difference between actually BEING frightened and acting like it.

You also shouldn't "quote" when it's not the actual quote. That's just dumb.
Bad guy? For what?...pointing out the gentleman was black? Should she get the death penalty for stating a person's race? L

If you guys would step back for a second, gather your sobriety for a second, you might just realize this is lunacy.

Old 05-27-2020, 10:51 PM

1,066 posts, read 1,560,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Well exactly...which is why is horrifying that we now live in a fascist country where people want to see you lose everything and be on the street or locked in prison if you offend them. To hell with the Left and what they're turning this once-free nation into.
Dude, she was trying to ruin his life. The words she used before she called the cops made that very clear. It got turned back around on her, and she was the one who hung herself with her own rope. You're stretching so hard to make this into a left/right thing. What's it like to live in your world where partisan noise overtakes common sense?

Open/shut case. Her actions could harm the birds and a birder calls her out on it. She should have put her dog on a leash and said sorry or nothing at all and she'd still be employed and probably continue taking her unhappiness out on her former co-workers.

You know it's funny I'm white and have a white collar job where I work with many people exactly like her. I try to sympathize with her, oh maybe she was having a bad day. I try to see myself in her shoes. It's human nature to identify with her more than the black man. But then I take a step back and I realize that what she said right before she called the cops, that's not anything I would EVER say no matter how flustered I was. I know exactly what that implies, and so did she. I also would never call 911 and act like I'm fighting for my life when the other person is keeping their distance and doing nothing other than recording me having a meltdown. Serious question for all those trying to take her side: would you act like that? Ever?

Old 05-27-2020, 10:58 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Damn right it’s a threat. Of course you reject it, because you don’t believe the cops can do any wrong.

Not ALL calls against black suspects are threats to their lives. There are OF COURSE legitimate reasons to call the cops on black suspects. But when she told Cooper that she was gonna mention the fact that he was black, she effectively weaponized her whiteness with the expectation that the NYPD would be fellow travelers in her attempted weaponization of her status. And to pretend that her status as a white woman isn’t extremely high in American society is laughable at best. She automatically sits on a lofty perch, and she Damn well knew it just like you know it about yourself.

You folks are something else.
I believe cops can do wrong, but I don’t believe all cops do wrong. I am also a woman so I can understand how what he did could feel threatening to her in a secluded area of the park. You have to admit what he claimed to have said was provoking. I would have felt threatened for sure.

People act like all threatened people cower and run away when that is not true. Many get confrontational instead. It’s like not showing fear when a dog is growling at you or putting your hands in the air and getting as big as possible when a bear is nearby.

Can’t you even see it from her perspective a little? Men are bigger, stronger, and potentially more dangerous than women. All women would be nervous in a situation like this. It’s self-preservation.

Old 05-27-2020, 11:22 PM

2,070 posts, read 893,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneThornberg View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Oh right. Those damned trigger-happy bird watchers, everyone knows about them.

A woman who is willing to yell "rape" when rape isn't happening is also endangering women.

She didn't seem scared to me. She seemed butthurt that someone had the NERVE to ask her to leash her dog in an area where the dog was supposed to be leashed.

yeah, check his record, then come back to explain to us how her gut feeling was wrong.

This is Christian Cooper

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies