Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2020, 06:16 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,681,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeriochapgovna View Post
Your insane if you truly believe most white people see a clean cut educated black man the same as a man with gold teeth that's sagging his pants. Are you serious rn? How stupid do you think most white people are? The majority of white people that live in major metro areas have black friends that they grew up with and relatives.

Its not like black ppl are a complete mystery to most white people it's not 1926. We grow up around and with y'all and indulge in alot of your culture. Also if you are a graduate of Harvard you probably don't give a damn about what some loser thug would think of you anyway and you probably spend very little time even frequenting environments where you even consistently run into people like that. Also dreadlocks are not a "gangsta" haircut. Alot of successful black people wear dreadlocks and some of them probably are Harvard graduates too.

Even gold teeth don't immediately mean "gangsta". Alot of black folks have permanent gold teeth that they got back in the day when that was the primary filling for cavities for poor folks, especially down south. Just look at pernell whitaker, he wasn't a "gangsta" an he had golds.
Let me see where shall I start,

I didn't say most.... there is poster in this very thread who believs a Harvard educated biochemist bird watcher caused this white woman to go into flight or fight.
black thugs don't have a rule about hair style. I check the inmate and arrest roster and it seems the dreads lock are winning.

Lastly there is nothing about being white in America that will give you an idea of what its like to be black. I spent over twenty years traveling accross America. About 150 -200 days a year I had to book a motel room. I kept a sport coat in my car just in case the motel clerk was white. I can't tell you how many people still looked at me and said we don't have any vacancy while the parking lot was half empty. So yes a nerdy looking college educated black man in a polo shirt and sport coat can be considered a little sketchy to some white business people.

Last edited by thriftylefty; 05-28-2020 at 06:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2020, 06:33 AM

234 posts, read 90,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Let me see where shall I start,

I didn't say most....
black thugs don't have a rule about hair style. I check the inmate and arrest roster and it seems the dreads lock are winning.

Lastly there is nothing about being white in America that will give you an idea of what its like to be black. I spent over twenty years traveling accross America. About 150 -200 days a year I had to book a motel room. I kept a sport coat in my car just in case the motel clerk was white. I can't tell you how many people still looked at me and said we don't have any vacancy while the parking lot was half empty. So yes a nerdy looking college educated black man in a polo shirt and sport coat can be considered a little sketchy to some white business people.
Your right about there is no way to really know unless you have lived it but I think the notion that a black dude who has the stereotypical appearence of an insurance salesman is as intimidating to a yuppie white person as someone who has the stereotypical appearance of a gangsta aka a violent criminal is ridiculous.

Old 05-28-2020, 06:35 AM

21,481 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
That’s what makes it so bizarre, this wasn’t some hillbilly in Alabama out of a trailer park. This was a highly educated, executive, Canadian native, middle aged woman, in liberal NYC in broad daylight.

There’s nothing he said to her, even prior to the recording, that would warrant a fake cop report.

All that education and the damn woman never learned how to treat another person, in NYC of all places.
Rocko, with all due respect, what he said to her before the cameras were rolling is unknown except what he wrote about on his Facebook page. And what he wrote in his own defense was bizarrely creepy. It may have been even more creepy than that in reality.

Old 05-28-2020, 06:47 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendu View Post
I appreciate the birder in him. I know birders, I've tagged along on birding expeditions. Every single birder out there - young, old, black, white, would have had the same reaction as this guy and told her to leash her dog. So there's no reason to get on this guy's case because he spoke up instead of minding his own business.

He was 100% in the right and she flipped out because she wasn't expecting to be called out on it. Her reaction wasn't due to feeling threatened, she had a meltdown because some stranger called her out on bad behavior when she was thinking she'd just get some peace and quiet. Otherwise she wouldn't have approached him aggressively and then tried to intimidate him by saying what she was going to tell the cops...which was a total implied threat. She lives in NYC, she knows the implications of telling a black guy that she's going to tell the police that an African American man is threatening her.

This video is a complete smoking gun, no-doubter. Anyone trying to blame the guy or make excuses for her is just trying way, way too hard to fit this into their world view.
Yep, she knew exactly what she was doing. What kind of person does that??? Scum.

I've run across several individuals and groups of birders when I've gone out on photography jaunts (a hobby) and the folks I've stopped to chat with know which plants, trees, flowers attract birds, butterflies and wildlife. So a birder asking someone to leash their dog is in keeping with who these folks are.

She approached him and he had to ask her to back off. Someone who is threatened doesn't do that and everybody knows it.

Old 05-28-2020, 06:51 AM

89,049 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
I watched the video. The man in question is completely in the right.

The woman comes across as a bit ... disturbed. Also possesses a large sense of self-importance.

What kills me is not only that she is willing to lie and and use race as a weapon, but also that she is willing to do so while a camera is rolling.
100% agree. She was also clearly abusing her dog, which thankfully, she was later forced to surrender.

Old 05-28-2020, 06:58 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,681,864 times
Quote:
Your right about there is no way to really know unless you have lived it but I think the notion that a black dude who has the stereotypical appearence of an insurance salesman is as intimidating to a yuppie white person as someone who has the stereotypical appearance of a gangsta aka a violent criminal is ridiculous.
Although ridiculas, its whats being argued here ,that she could of felt threatened by this particular man's; presence appearance and demeamor.

Old 05-28-2020, 07:19 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Well, I see one thing and you see another based on our own experiences I guess. A man, any man, coming out to confront a lone woman in the wooded area of Central Park when no one else was around would seem very threatening. If all he said was please put the dog on the leash because I want to look at birds, then I’m sure it wouldn’t have seemed very threatening. Of course that’s not what happened by his own admission. He asked her, she refused and then he told her he would do what he wanted to do and she wasn’t going to like it. Then proceeded to try to coax her dog away with treats he had in his pocket with nary a dog in sight but her own. Very strange behavior. The kind of behavior one might expect from a creeper. I’m not saying he was a creeper, but it wouldn’t be unreasonable to think he was.
With all due respect, it's troublesome that you're painting a picture that is false like this. 'A man coming out to confront a lone woman in the wooded area....'

Coming out of where? Birders stand still, generally with binoculars, to see what they can find. You make it sound like he came out of the dark forest racing toward her.

Confronting? Confront: 'Face to face with hostile or argumentative intent.' Asking someone to please leash their dog is not a confrontation, it's a request.

A lone woman? She appeared to be by herself but that doesn't mean nobody else was present. It is, after all, Central Park.

Quote:
If all he said was please put the dog on the leash because I want to look at birds, then I’m sure it wouldn’t have seemed very threatening.
He said he asked her to please leash her dog because they need to be leashed in that area. She came back with something and he told her she could bring her dog to the other part of the park where dogs are allowed to run free.

Two people - one was clearly a liar so I'm going with his version, particularly since he had to ask her, "Please don't come close to me" TWICE while she was choking her dog and dragging him as she walked toward him. Not the act of a threatened person.

You're twisting things to make it sound like he was threatening to fit your narrative.

There was only one person acting crazy and without regard to her own dog in the video - the rest of what you're posting is speculation and fantasy.

Old 05-28-2020, 07:23 AM

89,049 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
With all due respect, it's troublesome that you're painting a picture that is false like this. 'A man coming out to confront a lone woman in the wooded area....'

Coming out of where? Birders stand still, generally with binoculars, to see what they can find. You make it sound like he came out of the dark forest racing toward her.
Based on experience, that's (the text in bold) my understanding, as well.

Quote:
Confronting? Confront: 'Face to face with hostile or argumentative intent.' Asking someone to please leash their dog is not a confrontation, it's a request.

A lone woman? She appeared to be by herself but that doesn't mean nobody else was present. It is, after all, Central Park.

He said he asked her to please leash her dog because they need to be leashed in that area. She came back with something and he told her she could bring her dog to the other part of the park where dogs are allowed to run free.

Two people - one was clearly a liar so I'm going with his version, particularly since he had to ask her, "Please don't come close to me" TWICE while she was choking her dog and dragging him as she walked toward him. Not the act of a threatened person.

You're twisting things to make it sound like he was threatening to fit your narrative.

There was only one person acting crazy and without regard to her own dog in the video - the rest of what you're posting is speculation and fantasy.
Agree.

Old 05-28-2020, 07:23 AM

234 posts, read 90,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Although ridiculas, its whats being argued here ,that she could of felt threatened by this particular man's; presence appearance and demeamor.
I don't think she actually felt the least bit threatened. She is just stupid evil entitled POS that wanted to try an use the threat of calling the police and acting like he was attacking or harassing her in an attempt to bully and threaten him. Thankfully it backfired, I'm only dissapointed she's not currently in jail cause her actions were criminal in nature. Not only her lying to the police, but also breaking the parks rules and animal abuse. She almost choked her dog to death while she went on her little pathetic tirade. What a moron.

Old 05-28-2020, 07:29 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,100,064 times
Quote:
I don't think she actually felt the least bit threatened. She is just stupid evil entitled POS that wanted to try an use the threat of calling the police and acting like he was attacking or harassing her in an attempt to bully and threaten him. Thankfully it backfired, I'm only dissapointed she's not currently in jail cause her actions were criminal in nature. Not only her lying to the police, but also breaking the parks rules and animal abuse. She almost choked her dog to death while she went on her little pathetic tirade. What a moron.
She sure did. Fortunately they took the dog away from her and hopefully it will get a good home with a responsible dog lover.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies