Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2020, 11:04 AM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Moral of this story is simple. If you are a black male you must always at all times obey the commands of any white person. Without question. If not police will be called and you do not want that. Unwritten rules . Don't believe me? Go test it out and see what happens. Blacks do not share full citizenship here in the US. I'm leaning to 3rd class or a low second. Just keeping it real.
Even I won't completely do that. And the police have been called on me before. sometimes you have to say "i'm not taking crap from anyone". You have to pick your battles, but in some cases, you must stand up for yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2020, 11:17 AM

3,749 posts, read 1,445,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Moral of this story is simple. If you are a black male you must always at all times obey the commands of any white person. Without question. If not police will be called and you do not want that. Unwritten rules . Don't believe me? Go test it out and see what happens. Blacks do not share full citizenship here in the US. I'm leaning to 3rd class or a low second. Just keeping it real.
This is true. Especially for white liberals. Conservatives on the other hand will shoot you. Example Arbery in Georgia.

Old 05-28-2020, 11:19 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,591,467 times
I'm noticing a pattern. Looks like the DNC and Media Matters will be stoking race riots this summer to create more chaos before the election.

Fortunately, I heard a prediction that there will be more hurricanes this season so the rain and wind should put a 'damper' on that.

By the way, why is it people who riot and loot are called protesters, not criminals, but owners of those looted businesses are criminals for wanting to open up?

Old 05-28-2020, 11:21 AM

18,476 posts, read 31,653,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
No one said by his appearance. Love how you threw that one in there. No one really knows what occurred prior to when filming began, but his own account said he made an implicit threat and offered her dog treats. I’d feel threatened whether he was white or black or any race.

I am not thrilled or would be thrilled if someone called my dog and offered treats without consulting me first.

that wasnt his place, he also, wasn't 100 percent...

Old 05-28-2020, 11:26 AM

2,904 posts, read 995,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I'm noticing a pattern. Looks like the DNC and Media Matters will be stoking race riots this summer to create more chaos before the election.

Fortunately, I heard a prediction that there will be more hurricanes this season so the rain and wind should put a 'damper' on that.

By the way, why is it people who riot and loot are called protesters, not criminals, but owners of those looted businesses are criminals for wanting to open up?
Has Q told you who's responsible for the hurricanes yet!? I mean, I know he doesn't actually ever speak in anything but riddles, but fingers crossed he has SOME idea who's responsible for the upcoming weather.

Old 05-28-2020, 12:02 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,585,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
He was not asking for a pass. He followed the law. I actually don't see why anyone would have a problem with him helping to enforce that....
My reply was to your comment, not his. I don't know this guy from Adam, and he could be the nicest person in the world and a wonderful birder, but I don't know that and neither does anyone else. His actions were weird and her's were too, but neither should have had their lives ruined over it. So far he's smelling like a rose, but I have a feeling he's going to be regretting his sister's decision to post that video. He may experience some blowback too.

Old 05-28-2020, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendu View Post
And lost in all this conversation is the fact that the guy's sister posted the video, not him. And guess who outed her name? Her dog walkers! If she was such a great person, do you think they would have just thrown her name out there without weighing the consequences? She probably leaves a trail of people she's treated like garbage along her way to be a VP living on the upper west side.

This thread just goes to show you how far certain people will go to stretch reality to defend a white person in a confrontation with a black person.

But even they know that this guy was totally in the right...again unleashing your dog in an area with bird feeders to attract birds is a total ******* move. There are plenty of dog parks she could have let it run free. It's worse than not picking up after your dog and people call each other out on that all..the...damned...time, without having to get the authorities involved.

And even her defenders understand that her aggressive body language and threat about what she was going to tell 911 weren't the actions of someone who felt threatened. These were the actions of someone who felt embarrassed and frustrated that their adversary wasn't backing off and letting her win. And wanted to use the police as a sword rather than a shield.
Yeah, he's so magnanimous. I'm sure he had nothing to do with his sister posting that video.

We all know that the Twitter mob needs victims.

Old 05-28-2020, 12:07 PM

2,904 posts, read 995,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
My reply was to your comment, not his. I don't know this guy from Adam, and he could be the nicest person in the world and a wonderful birder, but I don't know that and neither does anyone else. His actions were weird and her's were too, but neither should have had their lives ruined over it. So far he's smelling like a rose, but I have a feeling he's going to be regretting his sister's decision to post that video. He may experience some blowback too.
"Her's."

What is UP with this forum?

Old 05-28-2020, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
From the dog shelter...
"Thank you to the concerned public for reaching out to us about a video involving a dog that was adopted from our rescue a few years ago. As of this evening, the owner has voluntarily surrendered the dog in question to our rescue while this matter is being addressed.

Our mission remains the health and safety of our rescued dogs. The dog is now in our rescue’s care and he is safe and in good health. We will not be responding to any further inquiries about the situation, either publicly or privately. Thank you for your understanding"
God these people are awful. They harassed her employer and the dog shelter and now are digging up all this stuff about her and posting it on the Internet. All for what? An argument in the park that in the past no one would have ever heard about. It's disgusting.

Old 05-28-2020, 12:08 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,130,165 times
The woman and the guy the woman called law enforcement on both have the same exact last name. Now that's tap. Figure the odds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies