Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2020, 05:54 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,094,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northshoregirl2019 View Post
I like how you ignored my post to you that said I AGREED that cancel culture has spun out of control but then that doesn't fit your narrative that I want all people who don't agree with me to burn. Typical...
No I think I acknowledged were on the same page there in different post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2020, 06:17 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,588,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northshoregirl2019 View Post
I think most reasonable people would agree that the "cancel culture" has spun way out of control. Twitter is a cesspool that is eating itself. But both sides are guilty of this, it's all out warfare for the fringe left AND right.

However, I've know people who have had the same job she had (at Goldman Sachs) and they have in their contract a "morality clause" that outlines behavior both in and outside the office. Their point being is that your behavior is a reflection on the company. By making a false call to 911, she violated that clause and they had every right to terminate her. Her actions, not Twitter, caused her to lose her job. Her actions, and no one else's, put her where she is today.
Oh sure, both sides.

Can you list examples of both sides? I know the extreme right has tried to boycott in the past, and I’m sure there are some nutter hackers who have doxxed people, but it is no where near equivalent.

Old 05-28-2020, 06:26 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,174,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
You're no less self-centered than me. You love to complain about Black people. So why should I care about your concerns? You're the one who admitted you don't care about my concerned. Calling me a narcissist doesn't change the fact that your thinking is quite messed up.

I never said I didn't care about anyone else. I'm saying I don't care about YOUR problems, as in you personally.
I'm tired of Black people constantly complaining and trying to get other people to feel sorry for them. Am I supposed to feel sorry for the Black man in the video? I don't. It wasn't even that bad of a situation. The fact that you think it's messed up that I don't care about this Black man's very minor inconvenience says more about you than me.

I bet you can't find a single post on these forums where I have ever complained about racism towards Asians. I don't see the world only through that lens. In fact, I don't usually talk about my race. With you, it's always about your Blackness. That's common for most Black people. As I said, pure narcissism.

Old 05-28-2020, 06:35 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,628,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
I'm tired of Black people constantly complaining and trying to get other people to feel sorry for them. Am I supposed to feel sorry for the Black man in the video? I don't. It wasn't even that bad of a situation. The fact that you think it's messed up that I don't care about this Black man's very minor inconvenience says more about you than me.

I bet you can't find a single post on these forums where I have ever complained about racism towards Asians. I don't see the world only through that lens. In fact, I don't usually talk about my race. With you, it's always about your Blackness. That's common for most Black people. As I said, pure narcissism.
Oh FFS, when cops start kneeling on the necks of Asian men and shooting Asian men who comply, get back to us on how wonderful you are in not complaining about your race.

What the H do you even think you could complain about? Not enough spots at Harvard?

Old 05-28-2020, 06:38 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser Brody View Post
No. She is a racist democrat who wanted him to vote for Hillary over Obama. It is public record (her political party status).
Doesn't fit the narrative. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser Brody View Post
The most disturbing thing was how she was almost hanging that poor dog while she was going off on her phony rant. She should be jailed on that, as well as making a false call.
I heard she voluntarily gave up the dog.

Old 05-28-2020, 06:46 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,588,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
She has posted a public statement. Perhaps her hand was forced in an effort to save whats left of her career or dignity, but she tells the story just like the Bird Watcher said it went down and absolves him from any behavior that would be considered untoward. Her supporters on CD still insist ... but he was black. That changes everything.
I don’t care that he was black. I care that she’s been destroyed because she called the police when she felt threatened, and she had reason to feel threatened. But go ahead and hate all you want. Just remember that one day this could happen to you. Your political affiliation doesn’t matter. Are you okay with canceling people over wrong think?

Old 05-28-2020, 06:52 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,356,762 times
That wack job Amy Cooper should spend a lot of time in prison for falsely reporting a crime that was racially motivated, i.e., a hate crime, and felony animal abuse. She tried to label the gentleman, Mr. Cooper, as a violent criminal because he was black. She's a disgusting pig. If given immunity, I would handle her the way she handled and abused that dog. She is a waste of a human.

Old 05-28-2020, 07:43 PM

860 posts, read 322,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
I heard she voluntarily gave up the dog.
The dog is back at the shelter. I hope it gets adopted by a loving person or family ASAP. I am so pissed over what I saw.

Old 05-28-2020, 07:46 PM

18,478 posts, read 31,656,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I don’t care that he was black. I care that she’s been destroyed because she called the police when she felt threatened, and she had reason to feel threatened. But go ahead and hate all you want. Just remember that one day this could happen to you. Your political affiliation doesn’t matter. Are you okay with canceling people over wrong think?

While a lot of your posts I do agree with you, I don't on this one.

She destroyed herself.

She called the police and fabricated a "threatening" event that wasn't there.

She couldn't of felt that scared and threatened, because she clearly storms right over to him, demands that he stop filming, then gets her finger in his face.

She then is trying to make a deal with him, If you don't stop filming, I'm gonna call the police, and when he doesn't stop, she makes good on her threat, so in reality, who was threatening who?
Think about it.

It's no better than a sister saying to a brother if you don't give me more ice cream, I will tell Mommy you came home at midnight.....its really no different.

Sorry, she had no reason to feel threatened. He did nothing threatening.

Sadly, she, all by herself, destroyed herself, all in those 10 minutes, all of America knows about her, and her life here in NY has been destroyed.

Old 05-28-2020, 08:33 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,103,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
While a lot of your posts I do agree with you, I don't on this one.

She destroyed herself.

She called the police and fabricated a "threatening" event that wasn't there.

She couldn't of felt that scared and threatened, because she clearly storms right over to him, demands that he stop filming, then gets her finger in his face.

She then is trying to make a deal with him, If you don't stop filming, I'm gonna call the police, and when he doesn't stop, she makes good on her threat, so in reality, who was threatening who?
Think about it.

It's no better than a sister saying to a brother if you don't give me more ice cream, I will tell Mommy you came home at midnight.....its really no different.

Sorry, she had no reason to feel threatened. He did nothing threatening.

Sadly, she, all by herself, destroyed herself, all in those 10 minutes, all of America knows about her, and her life here in NY has been destroyed.
Well, there's always Jersey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies