Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2020, 08:35 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times

Advertisements

Seems like Mr. and Ms. "Karen" here. He was being a di*k over her daring to walk her dog off leash-even though it wasn't bothering anyone. And she climbs in the race boat and asks to "speak to the manager" ie called the police. They make quite a pair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2020, 08:37 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,103,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Seems like Mr. and Ms. "Karen" here. He was being a di*k over her daring to walk her dog off leash-even though it wasn't bothering anyone. And she climbs in the race boat and asks to "speak to the manager" ie called the police. They make quite a pair.
She should have had her dog on a leash. Period. Case closed.

Old 05-28-2020, 08:39 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,588,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
While a lot of your posts I do agree with you, I don't on this one.

She destroyed herself.

She called the police and fabricated a "threatening" event that wasn't there.

She couldn't of felt that scared and threatened, because she clearly storms right over to him, demands that he stop filming, then gets her finger in his face.

She then is trying to make a deal with him, If you don't stop filming, I'm gonna call the police, and when he doesn't stop, she makes good on her threat, so in reality, who was threatening who?
Think about it.

It's no better than a sister saying to a brother if you don't give me more ice cream, I will tell Mommy you came home at midnight.....its really no different.

Sorry, she had no reason to feel threatened. He did nothing threatening.

Sadly, she, all by herself, destroyed herself, all in those 10 minutes, all of America knows about her, and her life here in NY has been destroyed.
She did not destroy herself. The mob did! And her cowardly employer. And I beg to differ on the threat. He did threaten her. She had no clue what the guy was going to do when he started after her dog, and we didn’t even see what transpired before the cameras rolled. And even after all that, this fight was truly not as bad as everyone acts like it was. In the days before cell phones no one would have thought twice, or even heard about it. And for people to equate calling the police with calling for an assassination is just too much. Give me a freaking break. Very few encounters with police end up like the guy in Minnesota, and those are usually avoidable. He had his film to back up his story. He didn’t need to ruin the woman’s life over what amounts to a minor argument. And the vindictiveness of the mob on here is crazy. I don’t understand it. The media is breaking us man.

Old 05-28-2020, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
She should have had her dog on a leash. Period. Case closed.
Perhaps. But it's not his job to enforce leash laws, it's the job of the police or whoever is managing the park. MYOFB and this wouldn't have been an issue. BTW, is your name Karen by any chance?

Old 05-28-2020, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Perhaps. But it's not his job to enforce leash laws, it's the job of the police or whoever is managing the park. MYOFB and this wouldn't have been an issue. BTW, is your name Karen by any chance?
Call the cops because someone's dog is off the leash? Right.

Old 05-28-2020, 08:48 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,400,866 times
The guy in question was / is a crazy creep who picked a fight with a strange woman and brought dog treats to lure her dog.

That's the core of this story.

If he wasn't such a menacing weirdo none of this would have happened. Most men would be freaked out, especially after he tried to lure the dog. I can't imagine how nervous he made that woman with his socially abnormal hostility.

What's next, a trip over the the schoolyard fence to attempt to lure kids in with candy?

They're even smaller than that woman is, compared to him, and would be even easier to scare with hostile behavior.

This guy's antisocial behavior is eventually going to go the wrong way for him.

Old 05-28-2020, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Call the cops because someone's dog is off the leash? Right.
So instead an adult male threatens and intimidates a single woman walking alone with her dog?

OK Karen

Old 05-28-2020, 10:22 PM

1,743 posts, read 960,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
I watched the video. The man in question is completely in the right.

The woman comes across as a bit ... disturbed. Also possesses a large sense of self-importance.

What kills me is not only that she is willing to lie and and use race as a weapon, but also that she is willing to do so while a camera is rolling.
Are we still supposed to "Believe All Women" ? While I realize that phrase is associated with rape and sexual assault, this incident is a good example that women are every bit as capable of lying and exaggeration as men are. Neither gender has a monopoly on virtue and neither gender is free from spreading falsehoods.

Old 05-28-2020, 10:24 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
The guy in question was / is a crazy creep who picked a fight with a strange woman and brought dog treats to lure her dog.

That's the core of this story.

If he wasn't such a menacing weirdo none of this would have happened. Most men would be freaked out, especially after he tried to lure the dog. I can't imagine how nervous he made that woman with his socially abnormal hostility.

What's next, a trip over the the schoolyard fence to attempt to lure kids in with candy?

They're even smaller than that woman is, compared to him, and would be even easier to scare with hostile behavior.

This guy's antisocial behavior is eventually going to go the wrong way for him.
Quote:
Meet Christian Cooper that Black man that was threatened in Central Park by white woman Amy Cooper. He is a Harvard University graduate, a writer, former Marvel editor and current biomedical editor for Health Science Communications, Board member @Audubon Society who happens to love bird watching. Not a criminal. #ahumanbeing
He’s doing just fine. Nice try though.

Old 05-28-2020, 10:32 PM

Quote:
So instead an adult male threatens and intimidates a single woman walking alone with her dog?

OK Karen
Seems like the gal would be the "Karen" if she felt intimidated by someone asking her to put her dog on a leash as was required.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies