Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2020, 09:30 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,756,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I don’t think race has anything to do with her reaction, but I definitely think any woman no matter her color would have had reason to feel threatened by his initial actions. To me this is not a racial thing but a man woman thing. Then again, I didn’t grow up in a safe area and have known people who were violently raped and one person (a man) who was murdered. Perhaps that colors my perception a bit, but the whole thing seemed weird to me and particularly the reaction by everyone else.
WHAT?! His "initial actions" were to ask her to put her dog on the leash and give her the reasons why.

She lost her ever loving ish over that.

I would not have cowered in fear if some guy asked me to put my dog on a leash. (Which wouldn't have happened anyway because I'm not an elitist snot who thinks I can just flout the rules, who cares if anyone else is uncomfortable.) The leash rule was not an option she could exercise, it was an order.

He asked her to follow the order.

Yes, how terrifying. /sarc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2020, 09:46 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,588,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
WHAT?! His "initial actions" were to ask her to put her dog on the leash and give her the reasons why.

She lost her ever loving ish over that.

I would not have cowered in fear if some guy asked me to put my dog on a leash. (Which wouldn't have happened anyway because I'm not an elitist snot who thinks I can just flout the rules, who cares if anyone else is uncomfortable.) The leash rule was not an option she could exercise, it was an order.

He asked her to follow the order.

Yes, how terrifying. /sarc
No, his initial act was not on that film. In the script of events he gave he told her to leash her dog and she said the dog needed exercise. He told her to leash her dog and she got pissy, but then he told her if she could do what she wanted then he would do what he wanted and she wasn’t going to like it. Then he had dog treats in his pocket without a dog. I find that odd.

He’s probably a very nice man. All accounts say he is, but it’s not whether he’s nice. It’s her perception at that moment, and I personally am not surprised she would get panicky. I would be a little fearful at that point. That part of the park did look secluded. I don’t know if there were hundreds of people walking around behind him, but one would imagine not since it was the place she went to let her dog go off leash illegally in the park.

All the people saying she had no right to be afraid weren’t there so we don’t really know.

Old 05-29-2020, 09:48 PM

19,788 posts, read 22,695,361 times
Quote:
No, his initial act was not on that film. In the script of events he gave he told her to leash her dog and she said the dog needed exercise. He told her to leash her dog and she got pissy, but then he told her if she could do what she wanted then he would do what he wanted and she wasn’t going to like it. Then he had dog treats in his pocket without a dog. I find that odd.

He’s probably a very nice man. All accounts say he is, but it’s not whether he’s nice. It’s her perception at that moment, and I personally am not surprised she would get panicky. I would be a little fearful at that point. That part of the park did look secluded. I don’t know if there were hundreds of people walking around behind him, but one would imagine not since it was the place she went to let her dog go off leash illegally in the park.

All the people saying she had no right to be afraid weren’t there so we don’t really know.
Follow the leash law and there would be no problem, now would there? Hmm?

Old 05-29-2020, 09:53 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,588,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Follow the leash law and there would be no problem, now would there? Hmm?
Of course. We know that, and we also know she did not do so. But that doesn’t change the facts here, and the fact is she broke the rules, got called out for it, and it could be perceived that the guy was threatening to her or her dog.

She was wrong, but so was he. And in the end she did not get him arrested, but he completely ruined her life. All over an insignificant argument in the park.

Old 05-29-2020, 10:17 PM

2,905 posts, read 996,309 times
Amy Cooper would have been condescending to anyone who dared tell her to put a leash on her dog, I believe. BUT, the fact that it was a black man brought out her latent racism. She knew that by calling the police and using the words, "An African American man is threatening me" that a very real threat was implied. She believed that Christopher Cooper would simply capitulate because of that implied threat, but when he did not, maybe she did get a little panicked because she was so certain that it would work. But I don't believe for one second that she ever feared for her safety or her dog's safety. She was simply angry that someone dared to tell her what to do.

People who are birders are not just casual about it. Central Park during migration is a major hot spot for birdwatching. You know how people get all worked up over football? That's how some birders get when certain species are spotted, so to have an off-leash dog crashing around an area where people are concentrating on birding, it's a bigger deal than some people might realize. It's beside the point, though, because it's clearly posted that dogs must be on leashes and Amy Cooper's dog was not. That makes her in the wrong. Have you looked at the history she had with that dog, by the way? SO many health emergencies- from almost choking to death, requiring CPR to ripped off toenails- there was always something that she was posting about to her followers on Instagram. Seems like it is a good thing that dog was removed from her care. Who knows how long it would live, otherwise.

Old 05-30-2020, 08:10 PM

18,478 posts, read 31,656,752 times
Quote:
Is this like the Yanny and Laurel recording? I swear I feel like I watched something different than y’all did. What I saw was a woman hyperventilating and clearly panicky, but trying to sound firm and get this guy to leave so she could leave. Not everyone reacts as people expect them to in those situations. She clearly didn’t stick around to sic the cops on the guy once she felt there was no immediate threat. Maybe she thought by saying African American man she was signaling that he needed to leave quickly because the cops were on the way. Based on her own inclinations I think that’s more likely than her wanting the cops to actually harm him. Of course we won’t know because the woman is in full on self preservation mode and apologizing left and right. Gogli is right. She didn’t seek out this confrontation. This man took a wrecking ball to her life over a minor argument.

again, I'm sorry, but a woman "panicking & hyperventilatting"DOES NOT storm over to a person she is afraid of, none the less, point a finger, and demand, he stop filming...

A lot of what you're saying makes sense and I can understand, but not this, I'm sorry, I'm not buying it.

I know if someone pointed a finger at me, I'd break it...but that's just me

Old 05-30-2020, 08:35 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,765,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
That they were lies is an assertion by a jilted partner, not a fact. A lovers spat isn't a parallel situation. Their situation obviously deteriorated to the point that he is no where near a reliable character witness.

Her harasser documented his harassing / threatening statements to her and the rest is on video. This is not a judgement call about her honesty. The facts are in the public sphere.

This comes down to pure spin of the obvious facts by the left and the Black political machine.

Even claims about her so called "calculation" (implying deception) as she was calling the cops are obviously ridiculous to anyone who watches the video and is objective whatsoever. She can barely catch her breath from fear and is highly agitated.

None of this would have happened if the antisocial psycho didn't harass her and try to call her dog against her wishes. Those facts are not going away, nor will they fade into the background. They are primary context.
Yes, I buy that she's highly agitated. Liars often are.

Old 05-30-2020, 10:04 PM

7,928 posts, read 3,479,725 times
Anyone else remember the good old days when this was the big racial tension story trending on Twitter?

Old 05-31-2020, 04:32 AM

27,198 posts, read 13,489,086 times
My favourite Karen style freakout remains the one at a Californian restaurant where a man dares to kiss his girlfriend on the forehead at the counter, and right in front of crazy Karen, who takes offence.

Last edited by Brave New World; 05-31-2020 at 04:46 AM..

Old 05-31-2020, 04:50 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,183,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
My favourite Karen style freakout remains the one at a Californian restaurant where a man dares to kiss his girlfriend on the forehead at the counter, and right in front of crazy Karen, who takes offence.

Omg...she’s insane. My guess based on the end is that she was jealous. She clearly doesn’t understand most men won’t want to be with someone so miserable. Smh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies