Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2020, 03:05 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,723,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
I know precisely that she was panicked. As I prior stated. Don't put words in my mouth that are inverse from what I have repeatedly stated. You can surely come up with a better argument method.

Again, I know precisely that she was panicked.

I analyze certain aspects of her behavior for a living. That's a true story.

She has physiological signs of a panic reaction that are beyond her control....

Oh she's definitely having physiological signs of dealing with a confrontation, but it's not panic, as you continue to insist.

A confrontation doesn't have to be something violent. It can be simply having to deal with someone calling you out for something that you know damn good and well you're violating. She didn't get her soft blanket approach that she was probably used to, she got someone saying, "I'm not backing down", and he had every right not to back down, because the rules are, you keep your dogs leashed.

The park area is not just for her and her dog, it is for all citizens to enjoy. If you let dogs run around and chase off the wildlife, you have just destroyed that place for others to enjoy, such as this bird watcher.

(I mean, seriously, the fact that we are talking about a fricken bird watcher being "dangerous" is ridiculous beyond all measure.)

He didn't "threaten" her. He "threatened" her dog by offering it treats. I'm going to wager that he was trying to lure the dog over so he could restrain the dog from running around off leash and chasing off the wild life. I would not have handled it that way, but I can also completely and totally understand HIS frustration at people who think they are above the rules that allow for an area to be enjoyed by all, not just them.

She was not in "fear" of anything beyond having to deal with someone who handled her straight instead of being passive and flowery in their language to make her feel better. I don't give a toss if she didn't like the way he talked to her. He simply asked her to put her dog on leash, gave the reasons why - which were valid - and she lost her fricken mind.

Then, she chose to walk towards him, yelling at him to stop recording her. That's not what you do when you're panicking and thinking someone is going to hurt you. That is the last thing that you would do if you truly believed your life was in danger. As I said earlier, he had to ask her two times to back off. You can see it register in her eyes and facial expression that she shouldn't be approaching him like that.

Then, she tells him she's going to lie to the police, and makes a point of calling him an African American while on the phone. If she was so concerned that they knew his description, she would have taken a photo of him.

All she had to do was simply get her dog and walk away from him if she was so "threatened" by him. She didn't do that. She approached him, and then she just stood there, in front of the very scary man!!

No matter how you try to twist this to make her out to be the innocent party here, you're wrong, you continue to be wrong, and you're never going to be right about it.

She escalated this, not him.

I'm also happy to know that she lost her dog. That poor dog was being slung around and choked the entire time she was going crazy about being asked to put her dog on the leash, as the park had required for those with dogs.

That anyone would get that bent over a simple request, that was already a rule, says everything about this lady.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2020, 03:08 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,395,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
None of this would have happened if she had kept her dog on a leash as is required in that part of the park.
Tell us all about what other ordinance flouting is moral permission for Black civilians to intimidate and harass women, and to attempt to molest personal property (the dog) against the wishes of its owner?

We'll hand them all badges or perhaps ticket books.

After that, we'll let White civilians know that they can now intimidate and harass Blacks for not following ordinances, especially in isolated parts of parks, and that if the Blacks panic in response that they will likely lose their jobs and possibly much else.

Old 05-29-2020, 03:09 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,525,235 times
OK Karen

Quote:
I know precisely that she was panicked. As I prior stated. Don't put words in my mouth that are inverse from what I have repeatedly stated. You can surely come up with a better argument method.

Again, I know precisely that she was panicked.

I analyze certain aspects of her behavior for a living. That's a true story.

She has physiological signs of a panic reaction that are beyond her control.

This entire situation is one large troll. Though, I know that you dislike that I'm dissecting it and pointing that out.

She was clearly being harassed and threatened by a much larger person. She didn't ask for the interaction.

If the situation were racially inverse, the man would be crucified in the press.

The panic is clear in her voice. She can't catch her breath enough to properly voice her words. That's a classic adrenaline dump / panic reaction. If you've ever experienced it, the signs are obvious.

She probably should have left, but that's the nature of panic.

One always isn't aware of what they are doing beyond focusing on the threatening party. That's what the adrenaline dump does. Hence the way she was pulling on her dog while maintaining strict eye contact with the threat.

It may not have been smart to turn her back on her much larger harasser in an isolated part of the park. You can't make that judgement call. Only she would be able to, having been there.

Warning a threat of action is standard procedure to try to warn them off. It means nothing else. There was nothing cool and calculated about that call. She's obviously extremely panicked while making it.

Remember that video recordings work both ways.

This is memorialized forever, and people will forever be able to witness her obvious state of panic and then the Black support for her harasser and the twisted media reaction. Its basically a giant memorial to the innate immorality and win-at-any-cost propaganda tactics of, unfortunately, the political Black machine in 2020 as well as the greater Left. It assures that justice will eventually come full circle.

We can argue about it now, and you and others can promote their lies about that situation without any true check or balance, but AI is already to the point that it can make highly objective decisions about the mental state of humans based on their behaviors and detected diagnostics (like her breath rate through the microphone).

So enjoy the triumph of lies now. Soon enough the self-interested assertions of them won't be nearly enough.

Old 05-29-2020, 03:11 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,595,813 times
Quote:
Deflecting how? Are you sure you are aware of the definition of that word?

I directly addressed the logic of the quote to which I was responding. I then ascribed motivation to it, because I dismantled the claimed logic that she was hoping to see him beaten by stating his race on the phone.

And ironically aligning with your "deflecting" accusation, you proceed to change the topic to Minneapolis. Again, it seems that you might not know what "deflecting" means.
Oh I know exactly what I means. You are deflecting on her lying on the situation, where she claimed her life was on the line. You are intentionally leaving out that she herself apologized for calling the cops after the whole world saw it, if her life was truly on the line she would not have apologized. You are trying to turn a liar into a victim that got exactly what she deserves. Folks are showing left and right, in both incidents, their lack of regard for black folks no matter how much they tried to word it and use coded language!!

Old 05-29-2020, 03:12 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,090,194 times
Quote:
Tell us all about what other ordinance flouting is moral permission for Black civilians to intimidate and harass women, and to attempt to molest personal property (the dog) against the wishes of its owner?

We'll hand them all badges or perhaps ticket books.

After that, we'll let White civilians know that they can now intimidate and harass Blacks for not following ordinances, especially in isolated parts of parks, and that if the Blacks panic in response that they will likely lose their jobs and possibly much else.
You're trying to make a busybody come off as a big scary intimidating harasser. Sorry. Not buying it.

Old 05-29-2020, 03:18 PM

12,956 posts, read 13,668,599 times
https://www.vox.com/identities/2019/...-charges-video

Thought I would refresh certain people's memory. This is what happens to black people who walk their dog against the rules. And this is the appropriate way to deal with the threatening behavior from a rule enforcer. Spoiler: White person here also loses her job.

Old 05-29-2020, 03:55 PM

19,610 posts, read 12,212,859 times
Quote:
LOL. Can't tell if serious.
Hard to tell these days but, nope.

If middle aged white women as a group committed a lot of crimes, they would have to worry about police. They are more likely to report a crime than to commit one. That makes them a scapegoat in such a dysfunctional society.

Old 05-29-2020, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
she's definitely having physiological signs of dealing with a confrontation, but it's not panic, as you continue to insist.
Sure its panic. I analyze her reaction for a living.

That's exactly what it is. The physical signs are common and obvious.

Moreover, confrontations with strangers may be commonplace for Blacks. Maybe look into that as one factor in the Black incarceration rate. But to anyone else its seen as highly abnormal, antisocial behavior for a reason. It leads to bad outcomes. You'll never be successful at normalizing it for Whites.

Quote:
A confrontation doesn't have to be something violent.
A confrontation in public in the United States, between civilians, shouldn't exist. Its why we have ticketing patrols and cops. This was his first mistake, assuming it wasn't all planned by him from the start. Given his possession of dog treats, it seems to have been.

Quote:
It can be simply having to deal with someone calling you out for something that you know damn good and well you're violating.
See above.

Quote:
She didn't get her soft blanket approach that she was probably used to, she got someone saying, "I'm not backing down", and he had every right not to back down, because the rules are, you keep your dogs leashed.
No he didn't "have the right to not back down". Where do you live, a high crime area? Do you not know how civilized society works?

You don't get to play civilian ordinance enforcer beyond one semi-polite reminder. And sometimes that goes wrong and is therefore discouraged.

Anything else is harassment and intimidation. Ordinance enforcement is not his role, nor yours.

His behavior is the type of thing that people get awarded restraining orders to prevent, assuming that it continues.

Neither you nor he has the authority to make the judgement as to whether or not she was doing anything wrong. Neither of you has full knowledge of the ordinances, and beyond that you lack the authority to compel their enforcement with a stranger.

You people have the mindset of those who are struggling to get by in society:

grasping at some rules when it suits your greater politics, but clumsily putting them into play in a manner that leads to bad outcomes.

Meanwhile, advocating for large, insane passes for flouting other rules (like burning down Minneapolis) when it suits your purposes.

You lack a sense of etiquette and interpersonal cooperation, and at the end of the day your neighborhoods tend to look and run like hell as a result.

If this interaction wasn't the calculated targeting and entrapment that it was, I would offer that it was a Black man trying to do a really poor impression of a rule following White person.

In that the rule enforcement was attempted like an insane person.

Allow civilians to try to compel rule following like that with their neighbors, and what do you have? A low trust, high violence place. Just like home.

Quote:
The park area is not just for her and her dog, it is for all citizens to enjoy. If you let dogs run around and chase off the wildlife, you have just destroyed that place for others to enjoy, such as this bird watcher.
"Bird watcher". Please with that lazy fiction. For the rest of it, see above.

You're citing wildlife disturbances?

If you want to cite petty complaints to justify inter-racial interactions that go poorly, you are in for a bad time when White people start citing every minor and major fallout from Blacks ignoring ordinances throughout every American city. It won't go well.

And what you are also implying is that now White civilians can compel rule following by Black civilians, and that if they do not act calmly in response that they will lose their jobs.

Quote:
(I mean, seriously, the fact that we are talking about a fricken bird watcher being "dangerous" is ridiculous beyond all measure.)
You think that your "bird watcher" identity fiction will adequately cover for his continued harassment and intimidation of this woman, telling her that she won't like the outcome if she doesn't comply and then trying to lure her dog to him against her wishes? Think again.

Quote:
He didn't "threaten" her. He "threatened" her dog by offering it treats.
Your position is that the cops can't be called when someone threatens to lure a pet against its owners wishes, and when in a conflict? Think again.

Quote:
Look, if you’re going to do what you want, I’m going to do what I want, but you’re not going to like it.
That's a threat against a small woman walking alone. Pure and simple. Its not clear that its just about her dog. Even if it is, its still a threat.

His vague threat about an outcome she wouldn't like was just that. She's a small woman in an isolated part of the park with a man that has six times her strength, at minimum.

What a psycho for making that statement and trying to call her dog against her wishes.

There is no defense to that, and the outcome was assured. At that point, hje's no longer a "bird watcher". He's an intimidating harasser who wouldn't leave a much smaller person be.

And, what, no rapists or killers have ever watched a bird? What is your tolerance for silly defenses?

Quote:
I'm going to wager that he was trying to lure the dog over so he could restrain the dog from running around off leash and chasing off the wild life.
Doesn't matter. That's not his place and it is antisocial behavior. It would be terrifying for most women walking alone in a park. Your guesses are irrelevant to his clear threat. He shouldn't have even been speaking to her after one reminder, if at all. Let alone when she started to get agitated.

Quote:
I would not have handled it that way, but I can also completely and totally understand HIS frustration at people who think they are above the rules that allow for an area to be enjoyed by all, not just them.
Frustration that one isn't able to properly deal with, without lashing out or other strange behaviors, is a prime cause of violent crime. Its a sign of low executive function and emotional control. If you understand it then you likely have your own issues that you contend with.

Quote:
She was not in "fear" of anything beyond having to deal with someone who handled her straight instead of being passive and flowery in their language to make her feel better. I don't give a toss if she didn't like the way he talked to her. He simply asked her to put her dog on leash, gave the reasons why - which were valid - and she lost her fricken mind.
See my prior comments about normal civilized behavior and the rest. Your social judgement is completely out of whack and its the type that leads to bad outcomes and bad neighborhoods.

No one has the right to "handle (a stranger) straight" for anything that is not approaching physical danger to anyone else. Again, that's what the authorities are for.

Quote:
Then, she chose to walk towards him, yelling at him to stop recording her. That's not what you do when you're panicking and thinking someone is going to hurt you.
Please. You can barely articulate proper non-panic social behavior. You are equipped to diagnose behavior in a panic situation now? You aren't even close.

This all starts with the harassment and intimidation. Everything after that is a crap shoot.

Quote:
Then, she tells him she's going to lie to the police, and makes a point of calling him an African American while on the phone. If she was so concerned that they knew his description, she would have taken a photo of him.

All she had to do was simply get her dog and walk away from him if she was so "threatened" by him. She didn't do that. She approached him, and then she just stood there, in front of the very scary man!!
I commented on all of this prior. See those statements. Rehashing the same thing with me doesn't make it truer.

Quote:
No matter how you try to twist this to make her out to be the innocent party here, you're wrong, you continue to be wrong, and you're never going to be right about it.
I'm absolutely right about it. I'm smarter than you, I'm very obviously more socialized than you, I have better objective judgement than you, and I have a better education than you. There is no factor between us that credentials your statements to be right and mine to be wrong.

What is your arrest record like?

In fact, this is so twisted away from objective reality that I'm fine with letting it go because in the long run its going to hurt anyone who continues to believe it very deeply.

These things play out in long-tails over thousands of interactions in society, forever.

There are certain rules to this social game.

You can get away with something like this maybe one in 100,000 times. The other 99,999 times its going to go badly for the "bird watcher" who lacks the emotional regulation enough to know not to harass small strange women.

In fact, his behavior is so strange that I would suspect that he gets off sexually from intentionally scaring strange women.

You are only hurting yourselves when you choose to view this one degree off-mark from normative social behaviors and protocols.

Quote:
She escalated this, not him.
LOL. Okay. whatever you say. Your outcomes and those of your family and friends will continue to be what they are.

Quote:
I'm also happy to know that she lost her dog. That poor dog was being slung around and choked the entire time she was going crazy about being asked to put her dog on the leash, as the park had required for those with dogs.
Of course you are. You lack the ability to read and judge social behavior, as well as lack empathy. Its an innate issue for people like yourself and Chirstian Cooper. Its a defect that can't be resolved in therapy. The outcomes are always bad for either you or the people around you.

Quote:
That anyone would get that bent over a simple request, that was already a rule, says everything about this lady.
I'll remember that the next time a White civilian tries to continuously compel a minority woman stranger to follow a rule, isolated in a park.

Old 05-29-2020, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northshoregirl2019 View Post
You know how all this could have been avoided? She could have followed THE LAW and put her damn dog on a leash just like the signs indicated. She didn't like someone telling her what she could do. She felt she was above the posted regulations and took affront at the black man telling her she was breaking the law.

The rest of this post is ridiculous. I've been on stage acting for decades and I can spot a Oscar winning performance from a mile away. She duped you big time.
You're an actress. An A-C-T-R-E-S-S. And probably a waitress. I analyze an aspect of her behavior for a living, which requires a graduate science education. You're wrong. I'm right.

That's not how civilization works.

Men don't have carte blanche to harass and intimidate anyone because they notice an ordinance violation. Full stop.

I'm sure that not picking up dog poop is also a violation, but noticing it doesn't give anyone the right to harass that person and make threats. That's when police get called.

Old 05-29-2020, 04:31 PM

2,890 posts, read 989,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northshoregirl2019 View Post
Well you would be wrong about being a waitress, I'm actually an architect and I act as a hobby. I don't give a flying flip about your science degree. You are not a woman and you have no idea how a woman can manipulate a situation to get her way. It happens every freaking day. It didn't work for her this time. It was all a big act and all your mumbo jumbo is just a thin veil for your racism against POC. The contempt for them practically drips off your sentences.
I agree. Amy Cooper is a poor actress and this whole, "panic at the park" scene was ridiculous. She put on an act, but it was pretty transparent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies