Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Why do you think these governers want to keep extending the lockdowns?
They actually care about peoples 29 25.22%
Political reasons 86 74.78%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2020, 11:38 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,119,845 times

Advertisements

Scared that they don't do enough they'll be on hot water.

They still ended up in hot water...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2020, 11:51 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,550,060 times
In the case of the state I live in, it's because the governor has his nose so far up Bill Gates' ass it would take major surgery to remove it.

Old 05-27-2020, 11:52 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,119,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
In the case of the state I live in, it's because the governor has his nose so far up Bill Gates' ass it would take major surgery to remove it.
I think Bill gates reads posts like this and think "WTF?"...

Imagine waking up one day and everyone thinks your Thanos or something...

Old 05-28-2020, 02:05 AM

4,627 posts, read 3,398,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
I won't presume to speak for others, but my #1 peeve is that gyms remain closed in our area. No, it's not a question of masks, social distancing or limiting numbers of patrons. The gyms are flat-out closed, full stop.
So you are a single issue voter....the gym rat lobby isn't gonna take it anymore.

The Governor has said he will announce his plan for reopening fitness centers in the next week. Of course, county by county opening will vary based on no. of cases, hospitalization rates, etc.

https://abc7.com/california-gym-open...eopen/6215262/

I spoke to an aunt of mine the other day. She was a little girl during WW II. To put your current "inconvenience" into context. She remembers:

1. the massive rationing of goods like gasoline, butter, sugar and canned milk
2. Virtually no new cars were built during the war (all production went to the war effort);
3. Huge shortage of rubber so you could not replace your car tires;
4. Planting victory gardens to mitigate food shortages;

She recalls getting a balloon right after the War....she was amazed as she'd never seen one before that (because of the rubber shortage). If my Aunt could wait several years for her chance to get a little balloon...certainly you can wait a little longer until the gyms open back up.

Last edited by Astral_Weeks; 05-28-2020 at 02:21 AM..

Old 05-28-2020, 02:17 AM

24,646 posts, read 9,472,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Your poll is flawed.

Nobody is "locked down".
I take it you don’t read the news.

Quote:
At least two visitors were arrested in Hawaii this week, accused of violating the state's coronavirus requirement that tourists and returning residents self-isolate for 14 days.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...after-n1213231

Being arrested for breaking quarantine sure sounds like a lockdown to me

Old 05-28-2020, 02:23 AM

24,646 posts, read 9,472,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I hate to say it, but all the conspiracy theories are out the window now (since most states have opened everything back up.
“Opened everything back up.”

Huh? Clubs are still closed. Bars, festivals, museums, small businesses, sporting events, tourist towns, tourist cities, schools, etc. are all still closed.

The economy is not a switch you can flip and everyone finds a job again. Millions of people are still out of work.

Old 05-28-2020, 03:00 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
What do you think their motivation is?

Why can't both options be chosen?

They're not mutually exclusive.

Old 05-28-2020, 03:03 AM

30,392 posts, read 19,184,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
This is all political, it's the Democrats' last gasp to get rid of Trump. And they'll sacrifice the economy and millions of people's lives to do it.
They actually want our economy destroyed and to Final Solution all that oppose their power anyway.

Old 05-28-2020, 04:50 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times
First Baptist Church here in South Carolina opened up -- had three 'open' services and announced today -- closed again until July at the minimum-- COVID the cause.
Hoping that not too many people get sick or die. That would be a shame......careless, sad

https://www.thestate.com/news/corona...243021321.html

Old 05-28-2020, 05:02 AM

339 posts, read 127,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Politico said it best a few days ago .... they are Panicking because their own Economists have said we are headed for a fast recovery. Their last hope is for large Cities to stay Locked Down to force a recession.
Precisely correct. The Left leadership would rather people suffer it they perceive it will hurt the President overall. They've gone completely off the rails on this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies