Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Why do you think these governers want to keep extending the lockdowns?
They actually care about peoples 29 25.22%
Political reasons 86 74.78%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2020, 05:04 AM

234 posts, read 90,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve9999 View Post
Precisely correct. The Left leadership would rather people suffer it they perceive it will hurt the President overall. They've gone completely off the rails on this.
Bingo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2020, 05:09 AM

2,391 posts, read 1,408,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
This is all political, it's the Democrats' last gasp to get rid of Trump. And they'll sacrifice the economy and millions of people's lives to do it.

Riiiigght. That’s exactly why Republican Ron DeSantis imposed his “Safer at Home” order and extended it for Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade counties. It’s because he wants Biden to win AND he wants people to suffer. You speak the truth!

Also, your “poll” is missing a few options. How about: “They want to get re-elected.”

Old 05-28-2020, 05:28 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,600,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Your poll is flawed.

Nobody is "locked down".

And which governors are "extending" restrictions? How many? Can you name them?
Reichsgovernor Smurphy. Almost as grating as the one in MI tho I think she still gets the prize for wizard level elitist grating.

Old 05-28-2020, 05:34 AM

1,940 posts, read 1,029,717 times
It's painful but necessary.

Too many people that snub their nose at mask's, social distancing and generally not caring put everyone else at risk.

Slow open is what is happening and hope there isn't a spike in cases.

Old 05-28-2020, 05:43 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,123,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Ohio? Didn't they open yesterday?
Democrat politicians still with erections from their newfound power are relenting now because their subjects are rebelling. They see the handwriting on the wall.

The liberal governors know they must lighten up to save face because their executive orders are being ignored now that they can no longer use police to enforce their unconstitutional decrees.

Standing in the way of easing restrictions and an improving economy isn't a path to winning elections.

You know this.

Old 05-28-2020, 05:49 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,123,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionExperience View Post
It's painful but necessary.

Too many people that snub their nose at mask's, social distancing and generally not caring put everyone else at risk.

Slow open is what is happening and hope there isn't a spike in cases.
Yea, I saw Biden's dark, depressing video on "Morning Joe" this morning, fresh from his basement.

If that ad doesn't cause Democrat suicides to increase, then I'm full of malarkey

Old 05-28-2020, 05:58 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,281,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
Pa.’s unemployment rate at 15.1 percent in April
Pa.’s unemployment rate at 15.1 percent in April | Local | bradfordera.com

But you've got your job so you don't care about anyone else? This is the reason Trump won - he cares about the unemployed and economically disadvantaged.
Excellent point. Like OhioGirl I am still in the red area, and we will be the last to fully reopen. Also like OhioGirl I am working from home and have it easier now than I did before the lockdown started.

But a lot of people have it worse. We have to get back to work and back to life, and we have to do it safely.

Old 05-28-2020, 09:25 AM

41,971 posts, read 75,229,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
But you've got your job so you don't care about anyone else?
Did I say that? Or are you projecting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
In the case of the state I live in, it's because the governor has his nose so far up Bill Gates' ass it would take major surgery to remove it.
Well, now, there's a visual. And what, exactly, is Bill Gates' stand on this issue? Does anyone know ... or care?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
So you are a single issue voter....the gym rat lobby isn't gonna take it anymore.
LOL! Same with the hair and nails lobby. Priorities, people ...

Quote:
If my Aunt could wait several years for her chance to get a little balloon...certainly you can wait a little longer until the gyms open back up.
What a sweet story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misstyfi View Post
If anything is still locked down, it might be because it's a personal decision of the business owners. Perhaps they did not want to get sick so they could give you a mani pedi.
I've heard a few business owners saying the same - the owner of my salon, for instance, has no plans to open before mid-July.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Being arrested for breaking quarantine sure sounds like a lockdown to me
And breaking quarantine sounds like stupidity to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill_Schramm View Post
Also, your “poll” is missing a few options. How about: “They want to get re-elected.”
For some, even that isn't the case. Wolf in Pa. is term limited. Dewine in Ohio is 73 - he's eligible for another term but does he really want one. Etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Democrat politicians still with erections from their newfound power are relenting now because their subjects are rebelling.
DeSantis in Florida and Dewine in Ohio are Republicans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Excellent point. Like OhioGirl I am still in the red area, and we will be the last to fully reopen. Also like OhioGirl I am working from home and have it easier now than I did before the lockdown started.

But a lot of people have it worse. We have to get back to work and back to life, and we have to do it safely.
Agreed - it's time, but we have to be smart and be safe about it, otherwise we'll be back to where we were in March and April.

My primary job has me working from home, and I plan to continue to work from home until I'm satisfied that we'll all be safe working in the office together again - and I'm not hearing much about that from upper management. Hopefully in the next 2 weeks they'll get their act together.

My secondary job is a home care worker - twice a week I'm walking into a huge senior citizens' residential complex. They've done an extraordinary job of keeping the place clean, keeping outside visitors at a minimum, and keeping the residents informed. The residents all going nuts in their apartments, but they get it. They also are all survivors of World War II, so they get sacrifice.

Old 05-28-2020, 09:28 AM

10,080 posts, read 14,458,372 times
It's 100% political at this point.

In mostly Democrat governor controlled states, the continued stay-at-home/shelter in place orders are being extended as far out, and close to the election cycle as possible, in order to keep the economy closed and hurt it--as much as possible.

Then, pin everything on Trump. The deaths from COVID-19, the hurting economy, the unemployment.

This entire thing has been a sinister, devious plan from the start, as absolutely terrible and unbelievable as that sounds.

The hatred for Trump is that great, and Trump threatens the global elite's plans for globalism.

Trump has to be defeated--no matter the cost, in their minds.

It's an evil world we live in, and very sad how things are playing out.

Old 05-28-2020, 09:32 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,548,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
It's 100% political at this point.

In mostly Democrat governor controlled states, the continued stay-at-home/shelter in place orders are being extended as far out, and close to the election cycle as possible, in order to keep the economy closed and hurt it--as much as possible.

Then, pin everything on Trump. The deaths from COVID-19, the hurting economy, the unemployment.

This entire thing has been a sinister, devious plan from the start, as absolutely terrible and unbelievable as that sounds.

The hatred for Trump is that great, and Trump threatens the global elite's plans for globalism.

Trump has to be defeated--no matter the cost, in their minds.

It's an evil world we live in, and very sad how things are playing out.

Yes, evil is the word I'd use.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies