Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2020, 07:08 AM

174 posts, read 61,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelinnen View Post
Classic liberal arrogance on full display in this thread, and you wonder why you are met with hostility when you inevitably flee your utopia for the south.
Yep! Absolute refusal to admit any problem with their leadership and they instead deflect to "b-b-but the Republicans!!"

Illuminating.

Old 06-25-2020, 07:15 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, they are not. You offer an opinion piece from 'The Atlantic' to counter facts.
Both of the links I posted cited sources. Admit it... You're just averse to facts.

Quote:
Of course people are leaving, but unlike you, most people understand that people are also coming in, and the balance between the people coming in and going out reveals the net gain/loss. NYC is gaining, which is not surprising given the fact that they have lot of jobs. The mountains and forests are attractive but we must work to pay our bills. God said it would be so: "By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground" - Genesis 3:9

Its rich the pseudo-conservatives tell people to find jobs wherever they may be, and when people follow the jobs to big cities, they mock them for going to "liberal hell-holes". Maybe you need to get over the fact that your party simply cannot win the mayoral seats in any meaningful American city.

If you are in the 20% of Americans who do not live in a metro area, then fine, no one cares. You don't live in a metro area, but you can't stop whining about them. Go figure.

These "liberal hell-holes" and the 80% of Americans who live and work in them makes the US the greatest country on earth, so why are you so hell-bent on tearing it down?
Nope. More people are leaving NYC, Chicago, LA, etc., than are being replaced. You're like Biden: "We choose 'truth' over facts."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFPH4NCHZZo

Old 06-25-2020, 07:17 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,450,383 times
Let the lights go out in your wonderful democrat run cities for a few days. LOL. We'll see how fast you want to join the 20%. You know, that portion of America that produces your food and has guns.

Old 06-25-2020, 07:17 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
No one has answered my two questions, so let me ask a third one:

3. Would US be the greatest nation on earth without these "liberal hell-holes" and the 80% of Americans who live and work in those cities?

The pseudo-conservatives talk about making America great again, but they don't even realize the very things they hate the most in US are the very things which make America great, and they are doing their best to undermine it.

They eat the fruits of the labor of the cities and spit the seeds back in the faces of those who gave it to them.

The mind of a Trump apologist is a dark and mysterious place.

What would US be like without the cities and the 80% US population who live and work in the cities? It would be an agricultural country, which would fail without the handouts they receive from the cities.

So.....farm-boys....don't spend all my money in one place, and stop biting the hand that feeds you

Capish?

Old 06-25-2020, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Both of the links I posted cited sources. Admit it... You're just averse to facts.
You don't get it, even though I explained it very clearly.

Your article talks about people leaving, and nothing about people coming in.

What happens when 90 people leave and 100 comes in? Think about it. Take your time.

Old 06-25-2020, 07:22 AM

29,503 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:

3. Would US be the greatest nation on earth without these "liberal hell-holes" and the 80% of Americans who live and work in those cities?

The pseudo-conservatives talk about making America great again, but they don't even realize the very things they hate the most in US are the very things which make America great, and they are doing their best to undermine it.

They eat the fruits of the labor of the cities and spit the seeds back in the faces of those who gave it to them.

What would US be like without the cities and the 80% US population who live and work in the cities? It would be an agricultural country, which would fail without the handouts they receive from the cities.

So.....farm-boys....don't spend all my money in one place, and stop biting the hand that feeds you

Capish?
Interesting, you seem to be getting pretty defensive. I don't think anyone wants to see large cities go away, but many are questioning the Democratic policies and their effects in these cities.

Old 06-25-2020, 07:23 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,450,383 times
Quote:

Capish?
Your big cities wouldn't last two weeks without the steady supply of trucks and trains bringing all that you need. You still down for de-funding the police? Because trucks aren't going to deliver there anymore. Of course, you can always fill your belly with all the culture these cities provide.

Old 06-25-2020, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Interesting, you seem to be getting pretty defensive. I don't think anyone wants to see large cities go away, but many are questioning the Democratic policies and their effects in these cities.
Can you answer any of the three questions I asked?

I am tired of the blame-shifting since it is such a dishonest thing to do, and when challenged the blame-shifters always avoid answering simple questions.

Old 06-25-2020, 07:29 AM

174 posts, read 61,228 times
Well the first step to fixing a problem is admitting that it exists. This post has been illuminating and while it is just a City Data forum, it's pretty well the same attitude you get from many on the left today. Complete arrogance and a refusal to see anything wrong with what they are doing. Instead, shift to republicans or "Orange-Man-Bad".

For the reasons WHY these cities are going downhill, you just need to look at common liberal policies to see why...

- They believe in limiting law enforcement and defending criminality. They look for excuses for crime instead of recognizing that there are simply BAD people out there and being lenient just teaches them that their bad behavior won't be seriously punished and it engenders more of it.

- They believe in making DEPENDENTS out of poor people instead of encouraging them to rise up and do better. They don't really want to solve the intergenerational poverty problem because for years, promising things for free and hyping up identity politics to create this narrative that the "MAN" is holding them back while the only one who has their back is that democrat running for office has been the strategy. Meanwhile, year after year after year nothing changes.

- They do nothing to address the homeless issue other then letting them do whatever they want and you get tent cities, crap all over the streets and rampant drug use.

Old 06-25-2020, 07:29 AM

29,503 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Can you answer any of the three questions I asked?

I am tired of the blame-shifting since it is such a dishonest thing to do, and when challenged the blame-shifters always avoid answering simple questions.
Why would I answer those ? The topic is how can one defend Democratic policies in the large cities that are under turmoil. You are the one that started up with the "what aboutism"

I never intend on living in a large city, so you guys can defund and or abolish your police departments, and do whatever you want. Have fun with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies