Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 08:56 PM

166 posts, read 139,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgeet View Post
Yes, and I think it proves that power, money and cheating can get you anywhere, even to the most powerful position in the world.

Absolutely! That is what Hillary is trying to do. Following in Bill's footsteps, except for the Monica thing I am sure.................or maybe I am not sure about that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2008, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Bush will forever be remembered as the worst president ever. His administration will become a synonym for corruption, incompetence and deceitful; the worse a president can do for the nation.

His policies will be abandoned immediately even if McCain were to become president [fat chance]. Republicans will have a stain for many many years. In fact, just read in LA Times this morning that the state Republicans are losing even more members in a state already overwhelmed with Democrats and independent voters.

Bush will likely hid out in Texas like Nixon did in San Clemente after being forced to resign. Stories about him will continue for years and none will be positive!

Good riddance to the most despised president.

Do you mean you think he will be able to give Jimmy Carter a challenge for worst President ever? That would be a tough task.

Old 05-03-2008, 09:10 PM

Default People Need To Stop Hating. Listen To Yourselves.

To keep things clear, I am an independent. I will vote both Democrat or Republican depending on who I think is the best candidate. I don't believe in political parties. I am not a fan of President Bush's policies. He actually seems to have been a very liberal President when you look back at his time in office. Bloated government, increased spending. I do believe however, that he is a good person who is trying to do what he thinks is best for our country. I just happen to think he is wrong, not evil. When was the last time that ANY President made all the right choices all the time, never did anything for political points and was never influenced by special interests. The answer is never. President Bush is not an eveil person. He is not dumb either, although he can sound like it sometimes. He is just another President who I disagree with on many policy issues. There is no reason for the hatred that people show. People that spout this stuff really need to look in the mirror to see what hatred and evil looks like.

Go Barrack Obama!!!

Old 05-03-2008, 09:26 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,452,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1NascarFan View Post
I am not for the war, but I don't hate Bush and I can't imagine where you got same crazy number like 1 million Iraqi's dead. Are you including all the ones that Sadam killed before we went in there or do those not count?
Maybe I can help...

Quote:
September 2007 – More than 1,000,000 Iraqis murdered

In the week in which General Patraeus reports back to US Congress on the impact the recent ‘surge’ is having in Iraq, a new poll reveals that more than 1,000,000 Iraqi citizens have been murdered since the invasion took place in 2003.

Previous estimates, most noticeably the one published in the Lancet in October 2006, suggested almost half this number (654,965 deaths).
These findings come from a poll released today by ORB, the British polling agency that has been tracking public opinion in Iraq since 2005. In conjunction with their Iraqi fieldwork agency a representative sample of 1,499 adults aged 18+ answered the following question:-

QHow many members of your household, if any, have died as a result of the conflict in Iraq since 2003 (ie as a result of violence rather than a natural death such as old age)? Please note that I mean those who were actually living under your roof.
ORB - Opinion Business Research - Newsroom (http://www.opinion.co.uk/Newsroom_details.aspx?NewsId=78 - broken link)

How's that NASCAR, btw?

Old 05-03-2008, 09:33 PM

Quote:
It's knida funny that people are so easily led, that a bunch of money hungry scientists and politicians can actually convince people that this is happening. That is extremely comical, but sad at the same time.
Actually, this is science, and there are some pretty smart people who work in this field...

Quote:
Global warming 'proof' detected
By Richard Black
BBC News environment correspondent

Earth from space, Nasa
The team says it has found "the smoking gun"
The Earth is absorbing more energy from the Sun than it is giving back into space, according to a new study by climate scientists in the US.

They base their findings on computer models of climate, and on measurements of temperature in the oceans.

The group describes its results as "the smoking gun that we were looking for", removing any doubt that human activities are warming the planet.

The results are published in the journal Science this week.

The study attempts to calculate the Earth's "energy imbalance" - the difference between the amount of energy received at the top of the atmosphere from solar radiation, and the amount that is given back into space.
BBC NEWS | Science/Nature | Global warming 'proof' detected

Old 05-03-2008, 09:37 PM

Quote:
To keep things clear, I am an independent. I will vote both Democrat or Republican depending on who I think is the best candidate. I don't believe in political parties. I am not a fan of President Bush's policies. He actually seems to have been a very liberal President when you look back at his time in office. Bloated government, increased spending. I do believe however, that he is a good person who is trying to do what he thinks is best for our country. I just happen to think he is wrong, not evil. When was the last time that ANY President made all the right choices all the time, never did anything for political points and was never influenced by special interests. The answer is never. President Bush is not an eveil person. He is not dumb either, although he can sound like it sometimes. He is just another President who I disagree with on many policy issues. There is no reason for the hatred that people show. People that spout this stuff really need to look in the mirror to see what hatred and evil looks like.

Go Barrack Obama!!!
Well, I am VERY pleased to see that you plan to vote for Barack Obama. That is good news indeed. I just hope he gets the nomination.

Old 05-03-2008, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
I think you're wrong. He's spread the dollar so thin, that in order to make the welfare net continue to work, we're going to have be taxed beyond belief. The American people are going to choose to end entitlements instead.

Further, Clinton's economics would of put the government in position to start buying income generating assets (fascism) by about 2012. Bush made sure that isn't going to be happening again anytime soon.
No, actually, the dollar is falling. Granted, there have been too many dollars printed, but the political instability and losing confidence in the US dollar has led to this mess. Right now, Iran has dropped the dollar with respect to trading in oil. Other countries are considering following suit. We're going bankrupt. China holds all our debt. We're invested in a war we cannot continue to pay for.

This has nothing to do with Clinton, and I won't even go there, as it's a waste of time.

And I broke my rule re: further discussion with you, but I really do have to correct you, as you are soooooooo far off base.

ETA: I hate to be nit picky, but it's would HAVE and fascism is just another word for CORPORATISM, a la Mussolini.

Last edited by movin'on; 05-03-2008 at 10:10 PM..

Old 05-03-2008, 09:59 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,612,951 times
Quote:
One Thousand;3658790]Oh, I know, I know, booboo. It's such an awful world that doesn't give you everything you want... oh, poor thing. That's right, baby, you go ahead and throw tantrums and maybe all those awful people who work hard and make a few bucks will someday be punished by more taxes to pay for you and have to witness you making out with members of the same sex and let you marry your pet goat...

Spoken like a true Republican [generally less educated, tendency towards anti-social personality, selfish, narrow-minded, Bible-belt-Creationist, anti-intellectual/ant-science, racist, sexist and totally self-absorbed and quite boorish.

People like you keep a very low profile in California for fear of loosing all friends and possibly their job. Total pariahs.

Old 05-03-2008, 10:21 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,414,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
People like you keep a very low profile in California for fear of loosing all friends and possibly their job. Total pariahs.
I know, I know: The intolerance of the tolerant. One of the many contradictions that drive intelligent people away...

Old 05-03-2008, 10:31 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,612,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
I know, I know: The intolerance of the tolerant.
Yes, it's intolerance of ignorance & those who manipulate the truth in order to make a profit on others ignorance [what‘s worse than deceiving others for personal gain?].

The reputation of being a Republican esp since the Bush regime has provoked many former Republicans to abandon the party due to sheer embarrassment. Aren't you in the least a bit embarrassed that your politics attacks gays as "unnatural" yet you prefer to think that the world is 4000 yrs old in spite of science [if that is not unnatural than you are either unschooled or a fanatic; maybe both
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies